Submit Your Character for Build of the Week!

Lol to the post about the poll. Nice job shitting on more than 50% of your playerbase.
Is this how democracy works in New Zeland?

Hope those ropes are as rare as exalts...
Here's my entry: the Blood Magic Detonate Dead Totem Chieftain

Highlights:
* Edgy playstyle (place totems and create corpses - it almost feels like a miner/trapper rather than a totem build)
* Can tackle all the content, including Guardians, Elder & Shaper (with Hogm being the exception)
* Very organic and smooth levelling and mapping power due to the great scaling of DD and the defences from Chieftain
* Doesn't require insane gear to get started

Drawback: not really suitable for SSF, unless you want to grind for the DD helmet enchant, which is the only hard requirement for this build...
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
As others have said, you're calling 52-48 CONCLUSIVELY voting for yes, but rare? That's a pretty messed up way of looking at it. And the significant votes for "yes, but more common" were almost 2 to 1 outvoted by "no".

Based on your spin it seems like you had the conclusion you wanted and were just trying to justify it (and the poll was pretty much set up to guarantee that this result was what occurred). Next time, just do what you want, sheesh.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
FCK42 wrote:
"We're gonna take into account the considerable amount that voted for more common"???
ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME????
What about the HUGE amount of people that would've preferred those new nets not being an option in the first place? But oh well, I guess clear speed meta is all that matters at this point, so screw the league philosophy. It defies the entire reason of this league!
I guess next thing that happens is that mirror atziri gets removed aswell because too many people complained that their screen wide attacks accitentally hit her and they thus oneshot both atziri and themselves.
I'm honestly slightly pissed and much more than just slightly disappointed you because of this decision, GGG. "No" Should've been the default answer. Just like it was with previous leagues, certain builds can't handle the mechanics and aren't even supposed to. No build should be able to to everything - that's what you guys told us some time ago.
Too bad it doesn't apply anymore.

This.
FART AND DIDDLY, I CAN'T WAIT!
"The community has conclusively decided that they would like us to introduce nets that allow you to capture beasts after they've died"

no, the community did only vote. You, GGG, decided. (we also don't decide on a government, we only vote)

and the community is fairly split on the issue. it was not "the community" who decided, but +50% who won a very slight majority, meaning the other (almost) half are still against it :)

good thing you are looking for a new lore writer. bestiary makes no sense whatsoever lore wise. it conflicts with toras backstory, and doesn't fit to the templars lore.
"
Because the 'Yes, but more common' option did not reach 50% of the vote, this means that we'll be introducing these nets as a relatively rare feature. The team has begun work on this already and we should have these implemented very soon. We will take into account the significant votes towards "more common" when deciding the final rarity.

as others have said here, this doesn't make any sense. So according to what you're saying you will take into account the opinion of 25% of the people but you will ignore 48% of the people that voted "no"? WTF?

If you really want to listen to the votes you would make these nets really rare, because 75% of the people wanted those nets either "rare" or "not at all" (that is a special case of "very very rare").

Or you can just read the results the way you want, so you can avoid improving the current system and do these nets common and we have another pew pew pew league... :facepalm:
"
topperharlie wrote:
"
Because the 'Yes, but more common' option did not reach 50% of the vote, this means that we'll be introducing these nets as a relatively rare feature. The team has begun work on this already and we should have these implemented very soon. We will take into account the significant votes towards "more common" when deciding the final rarity.

as others have said here, this doesn't make any sense. So according to what you're saying you will take into account the opinion of 25% of the people but you will ignore 48% of the people that voted "no"? WTF?

If you really want to listen to the votes you would make these nets really rare, because 75% of the people wanted those nets either "rare" or "not at all" (that is a special case of "very very rare").

Or you can just read the results the way you want, so you can avoid improving the current system and do these nets common and we have another pew pew pew league... :facepalm:

""The community has conclusively decided that they would like us to introduce nets that allow you to capture beasts after they've died. ""
No Bex, sorry but the community most certainly did not. And feel free to look up the definition of the word "conclusive".

Seriously disappointed to see the path GGG decided to chose here. The way of "we have nothing to do with it, you (the players) have decided you want it". I'm afraid this is a very short-sighted and flawed view. Especially taking in consideration the points I tried to bring to light within the last 24h (alt accounts Voting YES, people from Standard voting YES, and MOST IMPORTANTLY - people who voted yes, who would vote NO if they knew of the auto-targeting change, or had a chance to play with it). In a week this vote would look entirely different.
By going along with it, you create a precedent. Now the speed-farmers who play only to make $$$$ selling the currency (yes, RMT, stop being afraid of saying it, you and me both know it's there and on how huge of a scale) have a great reason to feel even stronger entitled to DEMAND changed, whenever their $$$ farming speed is in danger (funny enough it's not, they just want to eat the damn cookie AND have it too, because they can farm anyway, they only want to get the FULL league benefit on top of that without any setbacks).

It's sad to see GGG cave in to it, and ruin a perfectly fine league. I hope the people who spent hours and hours creating something new and fresh have more patience than me - if I was them I'd just say "fuck it, why would I waste my time on being creative if this bunch of idiots doesn't care". Please do not give up on creating a new content. Just try to remind Chris that - as a company - you are entitled to making executive decisions without "approval" of the most vocal, toxic and game-ruining (yes, RMT does that) part of the community.

The issue was solvable in so many other ways, one of which I advocated for all day yesterday too. Make the beasts Minion immune until they are hit with a NET (net being the pre-requisit for being able to damage beasts by summons and/or totems). Then the only ones still complaining are the speed-crazied ones, and if you cave in just to those ... well, where is the company I decided to support for choosing their own awesome way of creating content? :(

I'm not going to stop playing, because pretty much any1 (on either side of the barricade) who was threatening to do that is full of sh!t. But the league is pretty much ruined for me, I had fun enjoying the new experience of trying to figure out how to catch a beast before either me or it die. Now it's just going to be a mindless grind for my 40/40 and THEN I'm going to quit and wait for the new (Hopefully not ruined by something like this time) league.
And it'll feel like playing Standard, so mindless, worthless and without any creative purpose (which is a reason to play 3-month leagues in the first place for me, to enjoy something new and some different aspect of the game).

Good job creating a very dangerous precedent. You had a chance to show the whiners that you are still in charge of your own company. Good luck to you in the future, because now it'll get only trickier to even try to get the control back.

The last chance to save face with people like me (like you care about it, I know) is to show you won't just IGNORE the 48% "NO, please don't ruin the league" votes and consider those options:
- make the Roadkill Nets SO DAMN RARE (divine orb rare at least), that they won't be *obligatory* item to use, without feeling like a complete fool,
- let those nets give only PART of the crafting credit for the beast (20-50% of the regular catch),
- for the love of all that's holy - MAKE THEM ACCOUNTBOUND / not-trade'able - like seriously, if those are trade'able, you literally cater to the RMT'ers, and that's just the lowest low. Slap in the face of everyone who plays legit.

Have a great day. Guess I won't need to log the forum for a while now. Tried to make a difference, didn't matter a single bit in the end. The Vocal speed-crazied RMT'ers and their alt accounts win again. Life goes on. I only regret buying the supporter pack right before Bestiary league. I don't regret supporting GGG in general, just the timing. Pretty shitty feedback at this point of time, and reinforcement of crappy decisionmaking.

PS. BTW. Saying that you'll take into consideration the ppl who want it "common" is great. Now take also the fact that every single person who voted "no" would (faced with only two "yes" options) have voted "PLEASE MAKE IT EXALT-grade RARE". So yeah, do balance that part around "taking into consideration".
Last edited by Fifth2301 on Mar 6, 2018, 3:18:55 AM
dat moment when you barely know how to apply a node, BUT IMMA DO IT :D
Another solution which was mention is to give rare beasts the abyss totems treatment. You can bring it to low life, but not kill instantly. You would have, for example 1,5s before you can do dmg to it again. That would be perfect time to throw net. After that time if it dies, it dies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info