Submit Your Character for Build of the Week!

I am not fast enough...
I wanted to
but SR totem stacking does not work.
"
Because the 'Yes, but more common' option did not reach 50% of the vote, this means that we'll be introducing these nets as a relatively rare feature. The team has begun work on this already and we should have these implemented very soon.

I voted for 'yes, rare', but how about this instead?
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Mar 5, 2018, 9:31:55 PM
Oooo
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
It wasn't really conclusive, and how about considering the 48% of votes which voted no when deciding the rarity?

25% of the community was okay with them existing if they were rare, and 48% of the community didn't want them at all. so shouldn't that be a consideration that the majority of community didn't want them to be a major part of the game?
Last edited by PassivePicasso on Mar 5, 2018, 9:39:24 PM
LOL, let's see a speedfarming summoner DoT build of the week that DOESN'T use the new corpse-capture nets.
"
It wasn't really conclusive, and how about considering the 48% of votes which voted no when deciding the rarity?

25% of the community was okay with them existing if they were rare, and 48% of the community didn't want them at all. so shouldn't that be a consideration that the majority of community didn't want them to be a major part of the game?

Right?

And wasn't the "yes but rare" pitched as the "middleground"

I think the corpse-capture nets shouldn't even drop -- make them Beastcrafted themselves. Make them widely available, but gated behind themed grinding, just like Breaches.

Or make them like Strongboxes' "revives dead monsters with Onslaught"... EVERY net can revive a dead beast, but it is Enraged. Equal opportunity for everyone and isolates the desired beast. If you can only get the nets from Einhar and he is a bloodmage, it kinda makes sense the nets would be enchanted in that way to account for sloppy kills or missed opportunities.

I still think making Beastcrafting an alternative playstyle to speedfarming would be a stronger choice in the long-term, but the "yes" folks won the poll, so I'm trying to be constructive.
Last edited by MackBesmirch on Mar 5, 2018, 10:00:44 PM
I dare you to pick a shield throw (aka frisbee) build.
can a bitch get her hat back
I'm glad GGG chose to ask players for feedback and I definitely feel this vote was a good way to do it. I STRONGLY DISAGREE with those who claim it's better for them to 'have a strong vision of their own', etc. and so not put it up for a vote. HOWEVER, this poll should REALLY have been put up at least 5 days after the league launch, not on the second day. And it should've been up for at least 3 days. The number of people now mentioning that they missed out on the vote is testament to the importance of the latter. The rapid fixes to the capture mechanic right after league start is testament to the importance of the former. And the sheer closeness of the vote even in these regrettable circumstances suggests that the answer here was not a painfully obvious/almost universally agreed one.

I'd encourage GGG to embrace this democratic approach more in other such cases in the future, but not in such a poorly executed i.e. rushed fashion. Democracy needs time to work, so give it that. :)
"
Exile009 wrote:
I'm glad GGG chose to ask players for feedback and I definitely feel this vote was a good way to do it. I STRONGLY DISAGREE with those who claim it's better for them to 'have a strong vision of their own', etc. and so not put it up for a vote. HOWEVER, this poll should REALLY have been put up at least 5 days after the league launch, not on the second day. And it should've been up for at least 3 days. The number of people now mentioning that they missed out on the vote is testament to the importance of the latter. The rapid fixes to the capture mechanic right after league start is testament to the importance of the former. And the sheer closeness of the vote even in these regrettable circumstances suggests that the answer here was not a painfully obvious/almost universally agreed one.

I'd encourage GGG to embrace this democratic approach more in other such cases in the future, but not in such a poorly executed i.e. rushed fashion. Democracy needs time to work, so give it that. :)

Agree... poll it for a week. Let the streamers make some videos about it, let the folks who had to work the day of the poll have some time to catch up with the news and stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info