Bestiary. The missed opportunity.

Nets and Einhar Frey quests.

What is the point of 10 tiers of nets if we use only two of them and in late game is always 9 and 10 tier? And different nets actually have no big difference.

I think you missed some opportunity.

How about only two type of nets: infinity net, that can be upgraded through Fray quests, and rare consumable 'ultimate' net?

First nine tiers is can be 'infinity' net and their upgrades. With possibilities of different ways to upgrade: more time to capture, instant capture at 10% hp, no rage on break, etc. You may adjust capture process to current build by this way.

And final ten tier net is rare 'ultimate' tool to easy capture even a legendary beasts.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2018, 8:58:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Nice Idea +1
The inventory clutter is one of the things i dislike.

I encountered couple mobs i did not even scratch and i double checked, there was no life regen mod (yes, i don't know the beasty mods what they do, maybe some of it is regen).
Getting a net with guaranteed capture of something like that would be major quality of life improvement (altho killing that crap in the mini arena is going to be nightmare, but it's my future me problem)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I think they made ten tiers because they didn't want them to be free and you can't price them properly if there's only one net, 1alt would be too much early on and laughable in endgame. The basic one probably should have been free, though, nets don't really feel as a drain on your funds at any point so it isn't really doing anything.

Upgrading nets isn't a bad idea, Einhar could ask you to test his net improvements by capturing specific named beasts during the campaign to eliminate rng from the equation, but it's significantly more work than what we got now and this ultimately does the trick.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 5, 2018, 5:56:13 AM
"
raics wrote:
I think they made ten tiers because they didn't want them to be free and you can't price them properly if there's only one net, 1alt would be too much early on and laughable in endgame. The basic one probably should have been free, though, nets don't really feel as a drain on your funds at any point so it isn't really doing anything.

Yepp! Pricewise I think they are dead on. But it could do with a bit higher drop rate in act1 though... wisdom scroll doesn't grow on trees at that level.

"
raics wrote:
Upgrading nets isn't a bad idea, Einhar could ask you to test his net improvements by capturing specific named beasts during the campaign to eliminate rng from the equation, but it's significantly more work than what we got now and this ultimately does the trick.

The 3-1 recipe work fine for nets so it's not like you are likely to have 10 stacks in you inventory/stash.
"
Dharall wrote:
The 3-1 recipe work fine for nets so it's not like you are likely to have 10 stacks in you inventory/stash.

Sure, the current system does the trick, the net upgrade quests would be an option if the base type was infinite.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Dharall wrote:

It's pointless anyway. I have one full stack of t9 nets and almost complete second stack. And you don't need to capture same amount of beasts in any case.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Upgrading nets though completing quests would have been awesome.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
It's GRINDING Gear games, yeah? Everything have tiers of grindy restrictions and value.

I think, though, instead of nets being tiered by ability to capture monster levels, they should instead be tiered by duration:

Low tier Net: cheap, but only lasts 3 seconds. Toss it on a monster at the end of its life if you want to try to capture it.

High-Tier net: expensive, lasts 60 seconds. Toss it on a monster before engaging it, use it when you have to kite it, or if you're DoT and you don't know how fast it'll die.

Seems to me this could also address this whole corpse-capture thing, too: maybe mid-high tier nets have a duration of "fresh kill" capture -- net duration is what, 9 seconds while alive, 1 second while dead, all the way up to 60 seconds alive, 10 seconds while dead?

The enrage chance is fun and adds an element of danger, but maybe just standardize it like ailments: low tier nets have 20% chance to fail/enrage during the duration; high tier nets have a 60% chance to fail/enrage or revive a dead body and enrage it (like strongboxes do).

Then you would have a choice base don playstyle: stick to cheap nets and be more focused in your beast capturing, or Speed DPS the whole screen and require high tier nets to suit your playstyle.
GOOD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info