To GGG: If nets for dead critters can get a poll, let's have a poll for Labyrinth as well

Right now GGG is running a poll about whether to throw nets on dead critters and collect them. That's a pretty fine-grained issue to carry out a poll about, but it's still to GGG's credit that they're making an effort to see what people like instead of just pushing a choice on players.

Consider also running a poll about labyrinth and see how many enjoy it versus how many put up with it because ascendancy is locked behind it. Below is a brief one-question poll as a sample of what could be asked ...

1. I generally enjoy running labyrinth. (strongly agree, agree, no disagree, strongly disagree)

The timing would be very appropo, given that it's roughly the two year anniversary from when labyrinth launched (give or take number of days). It's also almost the two year anniversary of the launching of this thread:

... which has alternatives for ascending in it, almost 740 pages of posts, and close to 290,000 reads.

Hopefully this request receives serious consideration.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Mar 5, 2018, 12:20:19 AM
Last bumped on Mar 6, 2018, 5:57:00 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I support this idea for a poll.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I knew this thread would surface very soon.

Please also make a poll to replace all "more" modifiers by "increased" modifiers, so support gems can have a bigger impact by their effect, not just by bumping damage numbers into the millions.

Balance of monster life and boss life will also be easier after this.
"
Antaiseito wrote:
I knew this thread would surface very soon.

Please also make a poll to replace all "more" modifiers by "increased" modifiers, so support gems can have a bigger impact by their effect, not just by bumping damage numbers into the millions.

Balance of monster life and boss life will also be easier after this.
It's not that I think the issue you're raising is trivial; balance is of central importance. But, balancing a game isn't the forte of very many people so you'd get a lot of uninformed votes and commentary.

But, people are very well qualified to say what they enjoy and what they don't enjoy. Polls about preferences make good sense and can be helpful.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Mar 5, 2018, 7:52:12 AM
"
"
Antaiseito wrote:
[...]
It's not that I think the issue you're raising is trivial; balance is of central importance. But, balancing a game isn't the forte of very many people so you'd get a lot of uninformed votes and commentary.

But, people are very well qualified to say what they enjoy and what they don't enjoy. Polls about preferences make good sense and can be helpful.

I actually agree with your level-headed response.
I just find it generally dangerous to promise a fixed result based on poll-results before the poll is even done with. Polls about preferences are perfectly fine.
A poll ending with 51/49 is imo very different to a poll ending 87/13 or something.
I support a poll for Lab, I also want to see a poll about the AH.

If the Elitists can get a poll to vote for, give us casuals one too. It´s only fair!
Edit: growing bitter ...
Last edited by Antaiseito on Mar 5, 2018, 10:53:12 AM
The thing is the Net poll makes a lot of changes, because it is a very minor thing. Of course I hope that they look into certain issues with life capture that make it unnecessarily harder for certain builds to capture than others, but in general I dont care too much.

The issue I see with the poll though right now is that a minority doesnt want dead capture and the majority does want it. However the majority who does want capture on dead beasts is split on how it should work.

I personally think it should be a rare option encouraging you to still try to capture beasts alive, because you have to pay for failure. It also makes you think a bit more about if you really want that beast.
agree with this idea i do
I dont see any any key!
Need a poll, Should we have done a poll? with the following options.

No

Insert general playtest comment in here and point out that not everything should benefit people who want to go as fast as possible (which as been the trend since breach pretty much)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info