[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
Last edited by sultilan on May 1, 2018, 3:38:39 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sultilan wrote:
I opted for a standard build with aspect of the spider but not the chest.

But the chest is the best part of it! Without the Shroud, I don't think Aspect of the Spider is worth using. You can have an extra jewel socket plus some extra Int or ES for those 5 skill points.

I use aspect of the spider with enlighten 4, needing only 1 skill point (near chaos inoculation) and I think it's worth anyway. I still have to try the chest, I guess it would be a great upgrade, but I feel I don't have enough energy shield to support it, my ES pieces are decent but not great. Now I am at 9900 ES, with fenumous chest i'd go to ~8000ish... I just fear to be oneshotted by bosses, in normal mapping I feel fine. Anyway I'll try :)
IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
Last edited by sultilan on May 1, 2018, 3:40:09 AM
Hey i see u have 2 versions of the build. Femunus spider aspect one and one without spider. I got 950c and 2 ex. Which one of those 2 shall i go for? What are the difference between those 2 versions (dps, survivability)
"
sultilan wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sultilan wrote:
I opted for a standard build with aspect of the spider but not the chest.

But the chest is the best part of it! Without the Shroud, I don't think Aspect of the Spider is worth using. You can have an extra jewel socket plus some extra Int or ES for those 5 skill points.

I use aspect of the spider with enlighten 4, needing only 1 skill point (near chaos inoculation) and I think it's worth anyway. I still have to try the chest, I guess it would be a great upgrade, but I feel I don't have enough energy shield to support it, my ES pieces are decent but not great. Now I am at 9900 ES, with fenumous chest i'd go to ~8000ish... I just fear to be oneshotted by bosses, in normal mapping I feel fine. Anyway I'll try :)

I had 8200 ES with the first version of my Fenumus setup, before upgrading. Nothing could oneshot me even with that, except the things that could do it with or without Fenumus, like Vaal Smash or Malachai P1 Scepter attack.

All bosses get debuffed before they can hit you. 10% LESS damage is a very serious debuff. Enfeeble with 20q CoH is only 6% after the boss -80% curse mitigation, so this is like another 1.5x Enfeeble in addition to all other defenses this build has.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 1, 2018, 1:20:09 PM
Why don't you use a Watchers eye with anger leech and drop the life leech gem? Is the discipline mod really that much better?
"
Venefang wrote:
Why don't you use a Watchers eye with anger leech and drop the life leech gem? Is the discipline mod really that much better?

Anger has a huge cost to use, whereas we're already using Discipline. Plus, Discipline's flat ES gain allows us additional survival on no-leech maps.
"
Venefang wrote:

If you want leech from a watcher's jewel, i would recommend a vitality one (less mana reservation). I play this setup myself (you can see it in my profile). It is special and nothing for the general build guide. But it works well for me.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Venefang wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but is VP worth it (for uber elder etc.)?

Of course it worth it. It doubles our leech (from 20% max life/es to 40%), basically, only because of it we can actually tank most of the endgame content.

Also, if we use CI variant, we basically don't have any downside. What did you meant by "is it worth it?". Worth what? 1 skill point on a tree?

I actually think this was a somewhat valid question. Given the inquisitor ascendancy choice in this guide, it should be viable to spec into ZO and achieve nearly the same amount of regen with a further modified skill tree. I’d have been tempted to try it out if I’d gone ele/inq with my build, given that tukohama, vigilant strike, Arctic Armour, and consecrated ground’s status immunity bonus in tandem with a channeled primary skill are great reasons to just stay put in many tough fights.

Personally, I’m enjoying ele/jugg on a perandus signet build with a few more jewel sockets. One idea I’ve had good success with is using orb as a curse applicator. My play style warranted a build slightly more geared toward hit and run (the benefits of self cast curse application are a little more obvious there), but I think proactivity with defensive curses is important in many situations regardless. Cwdt is nice for set/forget, but I want orb up most of the time for Arcane Surge and EO procs anyway. Blind is a good link and more likely to proc with orb than BL in boss fights if you don’t want to invest in a second curse. Warlord’s Mark is also excellent for no regen maps, although I’m not sure I’d want to use it without a 6 link as I’m a bit socket starved.
Last edited by Deadbootss on May 3, 2018, 1:04:47 AM
"
Deadbootss wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Venefang wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but is VP worth it (for uber elder etc.)?

Of course it worth it. It doubles our leech (from 20% max life/es to 40%), basically, only because of it we can actually tank most of the endgame content.

Also, if we use CI variant, we basically don't have any downside. What did you meant by "is it worth it?". Worth what? 1 skill point on a tree?

I actually think this was a somewhat valid question. Given the inquisitor ascendancy choice in this guide, it should be viable to spec into ZO and achieve nearly the same amount of regen with a further modified skill tree.

40% regen per second? I'm not sure if you can get that high even with all possible tree nodes and regen items, but using all that stuff would definitely destroy the build.

If you mean just dropping VP and using the 20% leech plus some regen - that's possible, but why? Speccing into ZO instead of VP, and some other regen nodes would be needed as well. It would make a bit more sense for a life-based build, but ES recharge works regardless of VP, and we don't really need any regen.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 3, 2018, 1:15:08 PM
“Almost the same amount” was exaggerative on my part. 28% is easily achieved with base leech, consecrated ground, and the scion regen nodes. Of course VP is a better option; I just felt that the post I was responding to was unnecessarily brusque. Exploring non-VP options is interesting to me, given that it is a large investment and that VP is such a default option for so many builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info