[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
seratk wrote:
I have 9200 ES with discipline right now. I managed to get it above 10k but than dropped some of it for more damage recently by jewel adjustments. By more i mean %25 more damage in tool-tip and i think it was good trade off for lost 800 ES.(I had around 6.4k damage in town before)

I do not understand how atlas works properly yet, so my atlas is very unefficient probably.There is too much stuff to comprehend, but I am learning day to day :)

I have one more question. How about using leap-slam tied to fortify support and faster attacks instead of flame dash + vigilant strike? It sounds kinda stupid but it might be more usable for me than VS idk.

I think wise oak flask is really good hybrid flask if you manage to get your all uncapped resists to same value. it is a little bit hard work but you get %10 less damage taken for each element + %15 penetration during flask effect. It makes a good solution for +ELE damage map modes imho.

BTW really really thank you for making this guide. It is really comprehensive, fun and powerful.

I'm surprised that you have such good stats with that gear. I thought that losing that much Int would hurt you more. But you look fine. And I don't see why you would be so afraid to tank with 9k ES in white/yellow maps.

Leap Slam - FA - Fortify is possible, but you get only 5 sec Fortify with it and have to leap often. While with VS you get a 12 sec Fortify.

Wise Oak is cool but you can't sustain it when it matters, so don't rely on it being up all the time. It's nice but still a part-time thing.
Well I just managed to hit level 92 and pick up the probably last Jewel Socket I'll get. Put an Izaro's in and got my Tooltip DPS up to 9.2k in town, which I'm pretty happy with.

How much Energy Shield would people recommend I get up to before I take on Shaper (And start trying to get Uber Elder) with the Fen setup?

Currently I think I'm a little over 7.5k, but I stopped playing right as Atlas was released so I haven't done Shaper before at all.
Have any of you thought about using beast craft to corrupt armor to 30% just for a little extra ES ?
Sice I played a selfcast tanky Firestorm necro last league I felt like trying this build, it has some similarities. I invested about 2ex into it (maybe a bit more with some small purchases i made) but 1ex of that already was a watchers eye with ES on hit.

It plays just as i expected: slow but steady. decently tanky once you get your damage going and a bit weird vs. fast moving bosses. I personally dont mind playing slow mapping builds as long as I have fun and I infact do enjoy the time with that character. It's only ~lvl83 with 7.7k ES, 1.6k INT and I'm running tier 13-16 maps exclusively since like level 80 I think.

Here's the gear I bought at level 68, many ways to improve that stuff
Spoiler

As my first proper CI character (or any ES based character) I enjoyed building it. Not sure if I'd play it as a league starter, it might be a bit too slow for me for a fresh new league but I can fully recommend this build and the guide in general.

Thanks for the detailed information and the constant updates.

Stay sane, exiles!
"
Zephryl wrote:
Well I just managed to hit level 92 and pick up the probably last Jewel Socket I'll get. Put an Izaro's in and got my Tooltip DPS up to 9.2k in town, which I'm pretty happy with.

How much Energy Shield would people recommend I get up to before I take on Shaper (And start trying to get Uber Elder) with the Fen setup?

Currently I think I'm a little over 7.5k, but I stopped playing right as Atlas was released so I haven't done Shaper before at all.

The Shaper is a joke at this point, 7.5k ES is fine.

Uber Elder is a in different galaxy from all other bosses. It was VERY hard with 8.2k ES (Fenumus) and 9.7k ES (regular setup), until I upgraded. More or less easy kills started to happen with 8.8k ES (Fenumus), finally resulting in a deathless kill. So I would recommend 8.5k ES with Fenumus or 10k ES with the regular setup.
"
Ratedetar wrote:
Have any of you thought about using beast craft to corrupt armor to 30% just for a little extra ES ?

Totally not worth it. Very little extra ES to justify corrupting it.
My personal scores -
shaper down deathless with facetanking everything but balls - 9.8k ES, granite+basalt+Oak setted up at lowest Ice res. Doable with 8k ES (not femurus) without tanking slam.
normal atzizi deathless with 7k ES, same setup of flasks + ruby with remove ignite, tanking all but giant flameblast. Can be done with 6k ES, but you need to be more carefull.
uber atziri - deathless at 10.8k ES, same flasks as normal, removed HoA for PoF, not tanked any of big flameblasts. Doable with 9k ES and avoiding everything she throws at you.
white elder - 6k ES faceroll.
yellow edler - 7k ES, without any problems if you avoid tentacles.
red elder - 8-9k ES, avoided every tentacle slam.
uber elder - still trying to spawn after 97 attempts.

Maybe this will help someone, like, a "basic" treshholds. I'm pretty bad player tho. )
Last edited by sufferot on Apr 15, 2018, 4:49:44 PM
"
Life version is too squishy for the endgame. You can get about 7k life with Kaom's and a good amount of life nodes at the price of some DPS. But you can have 9k ES easier than that, and with higher DPS. And dealing with chaos damage is annoying. And things like the Lab become harder since you need to bring life flasks and heal yourself instead of simply stopping to recharge ES.

Things are so much easier with CI. Just sell that Kaom's and get yourself some nice stuff.

I tried the ES version last patch, and couldn't get along with my poor ES gear. I also missed being able to save myself with flasks, as I am a fairly sloppy player I guess.

In any case, I had an elementalist that was unused, so I put the gear on her and find that it plays very well, seemingly better than last patch. My damage is higher than it was with berserker, and with Kaom's Heart my life is much higher too, and will go higher as I level a few more times. I just had to switch from fire pen to life leech, which I can make up for in the ascendancy when I get that. Also I'm using MoM and have little mana reserved as of now, which seems to work well.

This tradeoff is fine with me for now, as I really just want this build for killing bosses that my other leveling characters find too dangerous. It excels at that even when not set up well enough for end game.

P.S. Sell Kaom's Heart? It took me a year to get one! And it is called for in several other builds I've thought about trying, so I'm going to hold onto it!
Last edited by shrunn57 on Apr 15, 2018, 6:52:30 PM
Quick question:
I thought about using a Wise Oak, I assume for the damage it wouldnt matter if Cold or Fire res is the highest?

EDIT: removed first question, i missed something :D
Last edited by LvL99KampfKeks on Apr 15, 2018, 7:16:30 PM
"
Quick question:
I thought about using a Wise Oak, I assume for the damage it wouldnt matter if Cold or Fire res is the highest?

Fire res should be highest, cause you don't do any cold damage with AoF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info