[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Last edited by broseidon07 on Apr 10, 2018, 8:17:50 AM
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
broseidon07 wrote:
In BSC I have the possibility of buying a 600+ es chest with dual resist (~65-70% total). Not sure if this is worth the loss of aspect and ES regen (does the ES regen on fenumus even work with vaal pact?)

What do yall think?

It's completely your choice but don't forget about the int on your Vaal Regalia. Int is more important than other stats.

ES regen works with Vaal Pact since Vaal Pact only disables life regen or regen from Zealot's Oath.

Ah sorry I forgot to mention it has 30 int
So, upgraded some of my gear (Then lost it, and had to re-upgrade to different bits of gear...) and I'm looking to start taking on the Shaper Guardians very shortly. I've never done them before, and don't know what to expect at all, so just wanted to know if anyone could give me any build-specific advice, and if I need to swap out any auras to Purity's for the fights.

Gear:
Spoiler

Currently sitting at 1,720 Int and a smidgen over 7,500 ES.
all bosses are really good explaint on page one three post s under the build explanation.

only elder and uber elder are missing.
Huh. So I'm trying to craft Aspect of the Spider, after killing Fenumus in his mine with zero issues.

First attempt, he one shots me at 9145 ES with what appears to be a slam that is new to me since he didn't do it in his arena.

Second attempt, I keep away from him to avoid the slam. Now, his green bouncing things (which are hard to avoid in the blood arena), one shot me again.

I'm not seeing a way to win here. Any suggestions?

(If it's not clear, yes, in both cases, I did pre-cast Scorching Ray and there were icicles everywhere...)
Last edited by Graiaule on Apr 10, 2018, 4:43:22 PM
"
all bosses are really good explaint on page one three post s under the build explanation.

only elder and uber elder are missing.

Sweet, thanks! Didn't know that post was there.

Just a new question for anyone that can answer: Hydra says to swap out Faster Attacks for Purity of Ice for Hydra, but, with the Enlighten setup for Fen setup, we don't have a Faster Attacks to swap out. What should I be swapping out instead?
"
broseidon07 wrote:
In BSC I have the possibility of buying a 600+ es chest with 30 int and dual resist (~65-70% total). Not sure if this is worth the loss of aspect and ES regen (does the ES regen on fenumus even work with vaal pact?)

What do yall think?

This is the chest I swapped for Fenumus:

and I'm very happy about that. I would only consider 700+ ES 40+ Int chests as 'probably better than Fenumus'.

ES regen works but it's irrelevant for this build, it's too small.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 10, 2018, 10:15:41 PM
"
Sessvisto wrote:
Hey Kelvynn.

I remember i played your build as Elementalist. Thank you very much for giving me so much fun.

I'm interested in this build again, and propably will play it with new league.

Scion looks pretty awesome, but it is better than Elementalist in 2.6 for example?

Also updates brings more % incresed attributes things.
Like armour 10% more int, ammu 12% attributes and 1% dmg per 15 int (with 2k int makes a lot :O)

My question is - as you remember which class was the best with this build?

Scion is currently the best class for this build. I did extensive testing before the start of 3.2, and Scion came up on top in everything: Int, ES, effective DPS. There was one other thing that I didn't even think about back then, until I saw it save my ass in the Uber Elder fight: Inquisitor creates Consecrated ground for hitting enemies and is immune to elemental ailments on it. This build is already immune to shock and ignite, but only 'half-immune' to freeze and chill. Uber Elder can freeze you with a lucky shot if you aren't standing on consecrated ground, and it can be enough for the Uber Shaper to kill you. Being a Scion and moving in a small area (center of the arena) lets me drop a lot of consecrated ground there and almost completely eliminate the risk of getting frozen. Elementalist would take extra risk there, not to mention a significantly smaller ES pool.

The game has evolved a lot since 2.6. We have all these new offensive and defensive powers now. It's much stronger than the 2.6 Elementalist now.

Shaped amulets with % increased attributes are super sweet, but super rare and expensive. I'm not using them because I want to stay in the 'everybody can do this' territory. Same reason as why I'm not using or recommending Emperor's Mastery.

"
Graiaule wrote:
Huh. So I'm trying to craft Aspect of the Spider, after killing Fenumus in his mine with zero issues.

First attempt, he one shots me at 9145 ES with what appears to be a slam that is new to me since he didn't do it in his arena.

Second attempt, I keep away from him to avoid the slam. Now, his green bouncing things (which are hard to avoid in the blood arena), one shot me again.

I'm not seeing a way to win here. Any suggestions?

(If it's not clear, yes, in both cases, I did pre-cast Scorching Ray and there were icicles everywhere...)

I've never seen Fenumus do any 'slam'. Perhaps that's a ranged attack? His green balls are quite obviously a modified Magma Orb (physical+poison instead of fire), they do more damage and increase AE range with every bounce. You don't want to get hit by them after a few bounces. When you are killing him for the crafting, he always comes out of the left gate. Flame Dash to him there ASAP and faceroll him.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 10, 2018, 10:37:58 PM
I got a T15 elder and managed to kill him and the shaper.

How do you lure the elder to the center? Are these elder influenced maps required to be connected (19 maps don't appear to be enough to connect all 4 guardian maps)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info