[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
Zephryl wrote:
What Gem do you drop to slot in Enlighten? I'm currently completely full up myself

I dropped one of the VS supports (dropped FA, kept AC, it works more reliably this way for me).

I see, thanks! I might try this when I upgrade my gloves, a bricked corrupt level 3 enlighten isn't too expensive either.

Doubt I'll be doing Elder Uber for a long time, I can't sustain red maps at all yet, but it'll be good to be prepared for the future.
New video: Deathless Uber Elder kill

This took a while to achieve. After 3 weeks of the retarded fight with the RNG to get a T15 Elder and the first Uber kill, it then still takes 8 T16 maps to spawn. I was doing roughly 1 kill a day, and it's damn hard to practice that way.

This fight is the only one that cannot be facetanked with this build. The Shaper constantly teleports around and shoots the ball barrages (5-8k cold damage with 25% resist penetration) - this needs to be dodged. One of the two bosses is invulnerable (they switch) and cannot be leeched from. When the other (vulnerable) one is the Shaper, you need to quickly find him every time he teleports and start leeching. There is a lot of mechanics to deal with.

I would not recommend farming the Uber Elder with this build. Mega regen/RF jugg meta, or some summoner that can delegate DPS to the minions while spending his whole time dodging - builds like that are much better suited for this fight.

However, farming the Uber Elder is completely not worth the time and currency anyway. The loot BLOWS, you get junk drops that are not worth anything 9/10 of the time. It's like Uber Atziri, except that even the rare drops (the sword and the staff) are not worth anywhere near Uber Atziri's rare drops. Watcher's Eyes are too random to justify the time/currency/effort, they can be much easier obtained from the regular Elder. If I wasn't trying to produce a deathless kill for the video, I'd just kill it once and be done with it.

I'm going to finish the 40/40 challenges, add more details to the guide (including the Fenumus setup) and let GGG know everything I think about this boss, its loot and the quest to unlock it. ;)
Congrats on the clear, an amazing achievement. Great to know this build can do it, even if it's a huge load of hassle.

Also, in regards to the "Last" Jewel Slot, can't you go for the one under EO instead of the one under Ghost Reaver, and "Finish" the build up at 91 instead of 92?

So, do you think the Fen setup is better overall now?
"
Zephryl wrote:
Congrats on the clear, an amazing achievement. Great to know this build can do it, even if it's a huge load of hassle.

Also, in regards to the "Last" Jewel Slot, can't you go for the one under EO instead of the one under Ghost Reaver, and "Finish" the build up at 91 instead of 92?

So, do you think the Fen setup is better overall now?

The jewel socket below EO is taken before the GR one anyway. Taking the one near AoF before the one near GR is less efficient, but it's an option if you really want to stop at lv 91. Leveling to 92 is very easy with this build. You just work your way through the Atlas in a new league and rarely die. Before you know it, you are lv 92.
Guess I grabbed mine in the wrong order then, small readjustment and I got 80ish Energy Shield and some Tooltip DPS (Absolutely no idea how much that works out to in actual DPS, but, oh well).

The Jewel Socket near AoF, is it better to slap a Rare/Izaro's in there, or another Fertile Mind and pick up the Large Dex node below it? I mean would need level 96, but, I'll likely end up playing this character in standard too so I might end up making the grind to 100.

"
Zephryl wrote:
Guess I grabbed mine in the wrong order then, small readjustment and I got 80ish Energy Shield and some Tooltip DPS (Absolutely no idea how much that works out to in actual DPS, but, oh well).

The Jewel Socket near AoF, is it better to slap a Rare/Izaro's in there, or another Fertile Mind and pick up the Large Dex node below it? I mean would need level 96, but, I'll likely end up playing this character in standard too so I might end up making the grind to 100.

First you grab it for 3 points and put a rare or Izaro into it. Next level you swap that for Fertile Mind or Brute Force and take a 30 Dex or Str node nearby.
Well, how about that, a nondescript rare tiger got me a Farrul's portal blood altar recipe, and the ghostly tiger dropped Farrul's armor, so now I suppose I can buy stuff I want. I'm actually curious as to how often that armor drops in that fight, given how easy the fight is for this build.
Spoiler
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: Deathless Uber Elder kill

This took a while to achieve. After 3 weeks of the retarded fight with the RNG to get a T15 Elder and the first Uber kill, it then still takes 8 T16 maps to spawn. I was doing roughly 1 kill a day, and it's damn hard to practice that way.

This fight is the only one that cannot be facetanked with this build. The Shaper constantly teleports around and shoots the ball barrages (5-8k cold damage with 25% resist penetration) - this needs to be dodged. One of the two bosses is invulnerable (they switch) and cannot be leeched from. When the other (vulnerable) one is the Shaper, you need to quickly find him every time he teleports and start leeching. There is a lot of mechanics to deal with.

I would not recommend farming the Uber Elder with this build. Mega regen/RF jugg meta, or some summoner that can delegate DPS to the minions while spending his whole time dodging - builds like that are much better suited for this fight.

However, farming the Uber Elder is completely not worth the time and currency anyway. The loot BLOWS, you get junk drops that are not worth anything 9/10 of the time. It's like Uber Atziri, except that even the rare drops (the sword and the staff) are not worth anywhere near Uber Atziri's rare drops. Watcher's Eyes are too random to justify the time/currency/effort, they can be much easier obtained from the regular Elder. If I wasn't trying to produce a deathless kill for the video, I'd just kill it once and be done with it.

I'm going to finish the 40/40 challenges, add more details to the guide (including the Fenumus setup) and let GGG know everything I think about this boss, its loot and the quest to unlock it. ;)

Hey, can you add something from mee too, while you are at it? I just got 5 (!!!) T15 maps (including shaped ones) into elder setup to get my 15th fragment. Not even a T15 guard. I just want to hit the designer of this thing right in the face, and keep hitting untill that face will stop look like face.

Also, uber elder staff looks great as a skin with new "winter" weapon effect.

"
Kelvynn wrote:

I've started doing as many boss kills as possible yesterday since 97-98 takes to long. You can cover the cost of Uber Atziri if you can sell 3 carries per run for 15c or more each atm. This is possible through /trade 820 but be prepared to get some really really stupid people. Everything else is covered by T14/T15 map drops.

Btw Uber Atziri with spider is super relaxing.
Thank u for the build! It works very good. But i have some questions:
1.The second fertile mind which stays below the scion start just works for 24 int? There are only 2 dex points in the circle and they were in the other one's cirle too =。=
2.Why should the golems be lv12 ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info