[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I have okay gear (I think) and I am slowly working through my atlas.
I finally got my last trial, so I will try doing uber lab.

It is my first time going this high in the end game. What numbers (ES and damage) should I be looking at before going uber lab? atziri? shaper?
"
guiniol wrote:

It is my first time going this high in the end game. What numbers (ES and damage) should I be looking at before going uber lab? atziri? shaper?

Kelvynn has a youtube channel where he uploads boss fights for every league pretty much. You should check that out when it comes to numbers and playstyles against bosses.
Just don't get discouraged if something goes wrong because a lot of fights in PoE are purely about learning the mechanics while your ES/Dmg doesn't have to be that high.
Hello everyone!
I am playing that build right now. I am level 71. But I have a problem: I am dying a lot. The regular level 68 mobs kills me. I have all resistance at 75% and chaos resistance at 100% (Chaos Inoculation) and I have 3800 ES. Im also using Arctic Armour, Discipline, every cast on hit spell and Vigilant Strike with Fortify(If I am not getting one shotted). There is something that I am doing wrong?
"
Hello everyone!
I am playing that build right now. I am level 71. But I have a problem: I am dying a lot. The regular level 68 mobs kills me. I have all resistance at 75% and chaos resistance at 100% (Chaos Inoculation) and I have 3800 ES. Im also using Arctic Armour, Discipline, every cast on hit spell and Vigilant Strike with Fortify(If I am not getting one shotted). There is something that I am doing wrong?

It is hard to say without any further information, but since I am playing the build myself right now I can kinda relate. I went for CI too early, my ES wasn't high enough to sustain some heavier hits. So I waited a little longer before allocating CI, now I have 6000 ES and no problem with getting oneshot anymore.

Alternatively, the issue might lie in your playstyle, the biggest disadvantage I have felt so far about the build are the first few seconds in battle, it takes a second or two, until Icestorm sufficently charges up. So try to stay on distance, once Icestrom has charged, I usually have no issue, nomatter how many enemies there are.

Golems can also help quite a bit, just to take away some focus from yourself.

Unfortuanely, your character is private, so I am unable to pinpoint the problem accurately.
Last edited by ZephyrothLP on Mar 31, 2018, 6:10:44 AM
Do you have Immortal Call and some Flasks set up? Being able to pop a Basalt and Sulphur flask at each big mob makes a difference while your Icestorm starts to get rolling, and Immortal Call's tiny invincibility helps way more than you'd expect it would.

Otherwise I'd say it's probably the Energy Shield, I also really struggled when I had a similar amount and found myself having to full-screen snipe and avoid damage mods on maps.

I was hoping someone experienced could take a loot at my build, let me know what I should be looking at improving gear-wise and what kind of price tier I should be looking at, quality wise.
Reading the Jewel section:

- below the Scion start: Fertile Mind
- between Scion and Duelist: Fertile Mind

Why Fertile Mind below the Scion start? It only reaches 2 dexterity nodes and that nodes are already converted by the other Fertile Mind (between scion and duelist) that reaches 5 nodes.
Last edited by haitike on Mar 31, 2018, 8:44:59 AM
"
haitike wrote:

Why Fertile Mind below the Scion start? It only reaches 2 dexterity nodes and that nodes are already converted by the other Fertile Mind (between scion and duelist) that reaches 5 nodes.

Converting can stack, so, they get effected by both Jewels.
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
haitike wrote:

Converting can stack, so, they get effected by both Jewels.

Oh, thanks. I should have figured it.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
guiniol wrote:

Kelvynn has a youtube channel where he uploads boss fights for every league pretty much. You should check that out when it comes to numbers and playstyles against bosses.
Just don't get discouraged if something goes wrong because a lot of fights in PoE are purely about learning the mechanics while your ES/Dmg doesn't have to be that high.

Thanks for the tip!
"
guiniol wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
guiniol wrote:

Thanks for the tip!

Izaro has fallen! It was really easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info