[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I think that the Watcher's Eye with ES gained on hit it even works for that almost impossible map mod "Can't leech life" , so now even those maps are doable easyer, I did some T14 elder influenced maps with this mod containing those ugly spitting cold thingies without dieing
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 28, 2018, 4:07:10 AM
"
grats to kel

and the watchers eye make a big difference.

i can now do maps with - max res and 1 dmg mod without problems.

thats a really great difference. got one for 120 c so its ok.

atziri is really nice now with ele reflect immunity :-)

AND the waterways boss (i like this map) is now peanuts. In the
past i died sometimes if i am to lazy

thanks a lot for the great improvement.

now i m looking for new amu. but all effort in trying is not rewarded :-(

Try to wait with your amulet until you're really happy with all your other items. Decent amulets are insanely hard to get and can be quite expensive even if they're not that amazing. You could maybe setup a woop on poe.trade for your amulet but be ready to spend at least 8-10ex.
any HoG tips ? im at 156/157. your HoG video is with the old 3.1 build and the gems setup is a lot different in the video description, should i use that ? also do you need a scorching ray tabula setup for blockers ?
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
grats to kel

and the watchers eye make a big difference.

i can now do maps with - max res and 1 dmg mod without problems.

thats a really great difference. got one for 120 c so its ok.

atziri is really nice now with ele reflect immunity :-)

AND the waterways boss (i like this map) is now peanuts. In the
past i died sometimes if i am to lazy

thanks a lot for the great improvement.

now i m looking for new amu. but all effort in trying is not rewarded :-(

Try to wait with your amulet until you're really happy with all your other items. Decent amulets are insanely hard to get and can be quite expensive even if they're not that amazing. You could maybe setup a woop on poe.trade for your amulet but be ready to spend at least 8-10ex.

ah ok
But you have such a nice amulet so i tried it with a shapers 84 onyx.

are the labrace only gems worth it ? they are really expensive
I picked up a Shavs Wrapping. Would this be a luxury item in this build or something that isn't necessary due to wanting to push ES+Int with a rare chest.

I was thinking of using Shavs to gain auras to fill the gap, some LL action?

Please let me know.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Kelvynn wrote:
maybe we can ask

Indeed we can! I need your help! I remember you discussing something about cold vs fire dmg a long time ago..
It was:
(When I played your Blinding Blizzard Marauder in 3.0!)
You were discussing with someone about your path toward SnowForge and the reason you picked fire even if the program prefer to tip Ice side is because you had tried it and it was giving more dmg... I dont remember why and Im not even sure that you knew at the time! Do you remember/figured out why fire seem to give marginally more dmg ?

Really would be important for me to know because Blinding wizard was the best fun I had and since we get about 20 regret points while leveling, I feel like experimenting a bit. I really wanna try to get rid of the 'Set Hp to 1'. I really hate that and also feel naked without Mind Over Matter! Anyway, I can also backtrack my points and follow 100% of your tree if all fail :p

Hopefully I will be lucky and you will see this soon. I'n almost done farming the setup gears! (Even received a failed corrupted Astramentis as a gift!
Will be waiting!
(3.0 Blinding Blizzard was a god!, cant wait to see for myself about this one!)
"

ah ok
But you have such a nice amulet so i tried it with a shapers 84 onyx.

are the labrace only gems worth it ? they are really expensive

Those jewels are really strong on builds with high stats. They're perfect for us since we're stacking int. But the same thing applies here. Only buy/craft those really expensive things if you already have high amounts of currency, decent gear and maps. You can do everything in the entire game except for Uber Elder even without those items.

"
Ziiyo wrote:
I picked up a Shavs Wrapping. Would this be a luxury item in this build or something that isn't necessary due to wanting to push ES+Int with a rare chest.

I was thinking of using Shavs to gain auras to fill the gap, some LL action?

Please let me know.

There isn't too much reason to go low life with this build. Waggle made a LL WI build last league and posted a guide for it:

It's based on heavy regen and block instead of high leech but has less damage. Maybe that's what you're looking for?
So, going pretty well with this build. Just finished Act 9 and hit level 66, already got a max Attribute rolled Coil ready to go.

Just... how much Energy Shield am I going to want to have before I swap over to CI? I need to get better gear so I can get the gem links I need for some of the supportive setups, but I can't really afford to invest Jewellers/Fusings into gear that I'm actively planning to get rid of very soon, since most of it is a bit old and all has life rolls.

Are there any other Uniques worth considering, that aren't mentioned in the first post?
Just crafted this decent boots, but no MS.

And this is my current boots..

I realized most of you guys have a 30% MS boots.
To make the switch, stick with my current one or should I buy a better boots with MS?
"
I'm tempted to try this as my league starter. I'm dreading looking for a good int/ES/resistance gear though come endgame. But man was this build fun in the past, especially with ES instead of life.

EDIT: question, what do you think a good ES/int Value on helmet/boots/gloves/body armor would be to start mapping with (budget)?

I started mapping (T1-8) on day 2 of the Bestiary league with 1-3c gear that was something like: 300 ES regalia, 180 ES helmet (wasn't even a Hubris), 70 ES boots with 20% ms, 80 ES gloves. All that had 40+Int, the main stat. The amulet was a rare with about 70 Int between the mods. The rings were 40 Int + resists, and the belt was a 1 alc Perandus. I had a 5S staff with something like 14% Int but at that point 5S was all that mattered. And I was saving all my currency for an Astramentis, which I bought next day for 25c.

That ghetto setup worked just fine for low tier maps, and I always fill my Atlas from the bottom to get a nice bonus by the time I get to high tiers. I was also working on the masters to get Vorici, Haku and Elreon to lv 6 asap (got there in 2 days).

Next target was 6S staff. Can't buy that at the start of a league unless you get super lucky, so I bought the cheapest 18% Int staff and farmed some jewellers (including selling various drops for them instead of alcs, a lot of people will gladly pay in that currency).

After I got the amulet and the staff, then I started upgrading the rest of the gear, gradually, it took several steps for each slot to get where I am now. By then there were some cheap Coils on the market too (I got a 13% one).

After a few days I had 6k ES and did the Uber Lab (which is not a huge upgrade for the Scion). I still couldn't afford Pure Talent at that point anyway, was using cheap 1c jewels.

This build is totally viable as a league starter.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 28, 2018, 1:00:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info