[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:

Tbh at first sight i don't think this build will be able to kill Uber Elder , you need to stand still for seconds to stack Icestorms on boss so the damage and leech start to feel , and from what i saw in some Uber Elder killing videos people were hitting for a second or two than moving away fast. We miss the spike DPS other builds can develop in 1-2 seconds so it will be very hard to kill this 2 bosses without standing still for seconds and exposing ourselves to be one-shoted by frickin yellow balls or other ranged attacks i saw in those videos !

Kelvynn: "hold my beer"

im still starving for red maps, if only buying it wouldn't be so tideous (for 10 sellers 1 replies :( )
"
lilianmarius wrote:
If you dont have a 6 link chest piece you will need to remove Blind from a chest slot to add 1 more curse , i dont think it is a good ideea , Blind helps a lot this char (Shaper slam misses quite often cause of Blind) :)

Don't replace Blind. It's a LOT better than any extra curse you can get. Shaper slam missing is nice though it's just one hit, a bit random, and the build is already designed to take that hit. But in many other situations you get a lot less damage on average with Blind than you would with TC.
"
Recil wrote:
"
Sykar wrote:
"
Recil wrote:
Thoughts on running this build with dual curses with 6l body? Would have to sacrafice one vigilant strike support gem for that I gues. Also that takes 3-4 passives, can it be worth it?

Edit: with 4 passives your curses would also get the 10% increased effect.

I'm running a tri curse setup in a 5 link chest piece and Doedre ring. Works fine so far.

How do you fit 3 curses in a 5l chest? Without cwdt? Or you run them as auras?

Without Cwdt.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:
If you dont have a 6 link chest piece you will need to remove Blind from a chest slot to add 1 more curse , i dont think it is a good ideea , Blind helps a lot this char (Shaper slam misses quite often cause of Blind) :)

Don't replace Blind. It's a LOT better than any extra curse you can get. Shaper slam missing is nice though it's just one hit, a bit random, and the build is already designed to take that hit. But in many other situations you get a lot less damage on average with Blind than you would with TC.

I run Enfeeble, Warlords and Flammability which is a well rounded setup.
Last edited by Sykar on Mar 16, 2018, 11:13:52 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Tbh at first sight i don't think this build will be able to kill Uber Elder , you need to stand still for seconds to stack Icestorms on boss so the damage and leech start to feel , and from what i saw in some Uber Elder killing videos people were hitting for a second or two than moving away fast.

You don't think this build will be playing it like everybody else, do you? :) This is a facetank build, not a 'run like a headless chicken and maybe do some DPS occasionally' build. Maybe one or two things there will need to be dodged, but I'm definitely not going to dodge everything like all those 'meta' people.

Well... when I get there. Day 6 of the Hunt for the Red Elder here. 6 red elders killed, and 1 of them was even in T15 in my own Atlas, but sadly at that point I was not at the last fragment yet, so he just gave me one of the lower fragments I was missing. This quest is still retarded long and expensive.
Maybe a daft question but what other levelling weapons would you recommend instead of lifesprig
IGN: The_Nutcase
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
Maybe a daft question but what other levelling weapons would you recommend instead of lifesprig

Any rare wands with spell damage. I didn't even have a Lifesprig on day 1 of the league.
Is the manual cursing pain in the ass or what do you think of it? Im kinda keeping things automated, just entered red maps and havnt had any problems yet with single curse and without vigilant strike. Im just afraid I need to change this when entering end game content....
@Kelvynn

Would it make any sense to have double discipline rolls on the watchers eye?

For example:

-# to energy shield per enemy hit
-% faster ES recharge rate while affected by discipline

Thanks
"
Recil wrote:
Is the manual cursing pain in the ass or what do you think of it? Im kinda keeping things automated, just entered red maps and havnt had any problems yet with single curse and without vigilant strike. Im just afraid I need to change this when entering end game content....

Manual cursing is too much work and you less efficient. You can't curse what you can't see off-screen. Or you can miss something in the middle of a fight. Automatic is a whole lot better and will guarantee to hit everything.

"
MarkyxMarkxx wrote:
@Kelvynn

Would it make any sense to have double discipline rolls on the watchers eye?

For example:

-# to energy shield per enemy hit
-% faster ES recharge rate while affected by discipline

Thanks

As long as you have the +ES on hit, the 2nd mod doesn't really matter. Anything that's even remotely useful is better than nothing. Just don't waste too much currency on minor things like that. The only one that really makes a difference is the extra Es with Clarity, but it costs an arm and a leg.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 16, 2018, 10:49:23 PM
New video: Craiceann the Crab

The uber crab pokemon. Nothing special, I don't think it has any big attacks. The challenge there is probably supposed to be about getting chilled and frozen a lot, but this build makes it irrelevant (remember to fully upgrade the Brine King though). Just chase it around and kill it. It runs at 80%, 60% and 40%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info