[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
AsbelFar wrote:
Currently I have 9.6k ES so when I fought him I was probably under 9k. It's possible I have more damage though. I only fought him once so I don't remember all details about the fight.

Do you keep spell cascade or do you switch to concentrated effect? Do you have vaal discipline?

I have a CE staff on weapon swap for bosses, yeah.

No Vaal Discipline, no.

Not sure if my damage is good or not, I'm at 24.4k per hit (Not sure if PoB takes into account the -Res Aura in Helms yet or not). I can bring it up to 25.2 if I swap out one of my rare jewels for a Turmoil, brings me down to only just above 10k.
Your damage is fine. Vaal discipline is nice, you will be sold the first time you use it. Perhaps you aren't using fortify enough? It's super valuable.

It's almost certainly best to use jewels for DPS over ES or even int. It's easier to find ES than anything else.

Last edited by NoImagination on Oct 7, 2018, 3:11:50 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Your damage is fine. Vaal discipline is nice, you will be sold the first time you use it. Perhaps you aren't using fortify enough? It's super valuable.

It's almost certainly best to use jewels for DPS over ES or even int. It's easier to find ES than anything else.

I'll give VD a try then, see how it goes.

I was fortifying as much as I could afford to in the Dark Phase but I'm not sure if it even does anything against Dark Stacks.

I was originally gonna go with Turmoils, since they're so cost effective for DPS, but people kept saying that defences get more important the deeper we go and I can only get to 10k ES with the help of Jewels (At least until I get a %Int Chest).

One does give 2% Pen when I haven't killed though, although it doesn't help for minion rush things like that Darkness Phase.
You may well be right that ES is more important than DPS at the moment, but ultimately it's very hard to improve DPS past a certain point, while ES is easier.

DPS has a defensive component too, because you leech more. It's hard to say when we're at leech cap with this build though, so I don't know where that point is.
I will let here for all, who are not sure what to buy first if you have enought money.

If you want to delve BUY THE WATCHERS eye.

I made the failure to buy some other things bevor. My life would be so much easier if i bought this jewel bevor. I dont need flares anymore as long as i have mobs to leech. And as they dont die in the dark i only must cast is.

I tested how hight the stacks can go and i stay til 500. then i used a flare as i had no balls to go higher.

so the ex are really the best investment i did in this league. the jewel was allways nice but in delve its extremly op.
"
how do you delve with this build? i stop to cast icestorm but my cart just keeps moving and i cant move with it because i'm killing mobs who are blocking my way,isnt the cart supposed to wait for you? and then i get 1 shot. i had to start another build because i just cant delve with this past 200 depth

You can see how I do the delves at the very beginning of the 'Everything in 3.4' video. Don't stop to kill all mobs in your way. Keep casting Icestorm with Spell Cascade and moving forward. Flame Dash over anything that blocks your way.

Almost everything that doesn't die in front of you will die behind you. You don't need to worry about it since the loot is auto-picked up by the crawler. Some rares with tons of life might survive, but they are irrelevant and not worth your time/effort anyway.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
With the new changes to Dvelve Encounters IV, now we can hope to get 40/40 challenges this league.

Yeah, that's great, I got that challenge completed immediately with warband camps.

But they nerfed the things that gave you unlimited lootless bosses in somebody else's delve. So now I'm stuck on the boss challenges.
"
First i cant see many of the fucking ground effekts with using ice rain. its totaly stupid. Mostly i cast around me and hope there is no thing on the ground what kill me. Then are there such blue spikes from the bottom that make a stupid amount of dmg. Cant see where they come and mostly i run away but if 2 or 3 hit me i am death.

You wouldn't see them with any other build either. It's the exploding bugs (an unstable weta). They die, and 1 sec later produce a spike that does cold damage. When you see the spike, it's already too late to dodge it. If a pack of those bugs dies in the same spot, you can get blown up by the multiple spikes they produce.

You are making the mistake of stopping to kill everything. Don't stop. Keep moving. Then you won't have to worry about those spikes, they will happen behind you.

And when you are clearing an Azurite camp, just stand in the middle and cast Icestorm all around you. In that situation you don't care about the exploding bugs because more and more trash keeps spawning, and you instantly outleech any damage they do.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 8, 2018, 12:54:48 PM
"
Zephryl wrote:
Anything else you can do to mitigate the damage of Kurgal's Darkness phase?

There are green crystals in the room, forming two circles: inner and outer. When Kurgal creates the Reflecting Beam pattern, the beam pathes between those.

During the darkness phase, those green crystals light up randomly. Move near a crystal that's lit to dispel the darkness.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:
Anything else you can do to mitigate the damage of Kurgal's Darkness phase?

There are green crystals in the room, forming two circles: inner and outer. When Kurgal creates the Reflecting Beam pattern, the beam pathes between those.

During the darkness phase, those green crystals light up randomly. Move near a crystal that's lit to dispel the darkness.

Ah! Awesome, thanks. If I find another I'll do that. Hopefully be able to do one of the other challenges as well... But I don't fancy my chances of even finding another one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info