[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
NoImagination wrote:
Perhaps I'm being dim, Elemental Overload doesn't do anything for us does it?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=The-Whispering-Ice

All the 84+ characters except me are using it.

What do you mean doesn't do anything?
It grants 40% MORE modifier of elemental damage, and we can afford to keep it up indefinitely.
I don't know for what reason you ever thought that this "more elemental damage" doesn't apply to ours pure elemental damage.

tl;dr - This is one of the most important damage keystones for this build... Unless you go crit, which is madness in itself :)
Ah, I was confusing it with elemental equilibrium.
Bah, hit level 90 and 20 gems, and now off for work for 3 days.

I don't think fossil crafting is going to be amazing for us. I tried one with abyssal mod, lucky rolls, speed mod, ES mod and realised that you mostly get trash out. Seems to me this is something to do once we've hit our 'normal' end game gear and don't want to spend 70ex on an upgrade, a situation I was literally in last season.

Out of curiosity, what ES level should I aim for to make the CI switch? I'm around 3k, but still hesitant to drop the life nodes because I tried earlier and totally failed around kitava.
I did blood aqueduct til 69, then switched and rushed through the rest of the early game. I had 3.8k ES at the switch with Black Sun Crest, Sin Trek, Perandus Blazon, and 1c gear in the other slots.

You're easily fine to switch now. Change your life nodes to ES nodes and you'll have way over what I had.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 4, 2018, 2:14:54 PM
Hi, im playing with a Curse Support so the 6-Link Chest isn't mandatory with surce on hit for me.. any suggestions for it?

Thanks and bye
me
Quick question, I have a 5 linked staff. I'm using Scorching Ray, cast while channeling, life leech, cold to fire, and spell cascade. Watching your video of malachai you never lost any health and face tanked him. I almost died numerous times as it doesn't seem like my life leech is working. Anything I'm overlooking here?

Edit- yes, I do have vaal pact passive.
Last edited by swift9 on Sep 4, 2018, 10:29:35 PM
"
swift9 wrote:
Quick question, I have a 5 linked staff. I'm using Scorching Ray, cast while channeling, life leech, cold to fire, and spell cascade. Watching your video of malachai you never lost any health and face tanked him. I almost died numerous times as it doesn't seem like my life leech is working. Anything I'm overlooking here?

Edit- yes, I do have vaal pact passive.

What you're missing-what we're all missing, really, though it was definitely overtuned-is 3.0 vaal pact passive. Before 3.1.0, it allowed your life leech to apply instantly, which is why he seemed to never lose life (if you watch closely enough, he does do so very briefly quite often.)
Hey, just want to let you know that I really love your guide. Seriously, it's one of the most detailed and helpful guides on this site. I have tried this build and realized that the mechanics of scorching ray and the need to use flame dash are not my cup of tea, as I'd very much prefer speed. And I dunno if I was doing something wrong, but I was too squishy and low in DPS at lvl 45 to clear delves effortlessly. Must be the lack of gear though.

If only staves can effectively use leap slam...
Last edited by ellicious on Sep 5, 2018, 1:33:35 AM
Watcher's Eye really helps a lot with face tanking stuff.

Also effectively using Vigilant Strike is important, plus of course flasks. I try to quicksilver, run up to boss, thunk him in the face with my staff, then ice storm with my 3 defensive flasks stacked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info