[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I always loved this build since breach, it was the build that got me further to the end game. Very tanky with a lot of damage.

But i don't know why i can't play this game anymore. I have a really old pc (2006) i always played this game super laggy but this build got me where i wanted from just standing tanking spamming flasks and scorching ray while my game was lagging but at delve i can't even load to the Mine Encampment without my game crashing 15 times in a row and when i finally get to the encampment and try to enter the mine my game crashes.

So i have a unrelated question if someone could help me out. Can i play this game if i get a Amd Phenom Ii X6 1055t or Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core with a Radeon HD 7850 or Radeon 6950? I'll save up to change my whole pc to play this build again in december.
A thing that might get you killed if you dont know:

You can activate/deactivate your auras now without interupting scorching ray channel

... however the cast-while-channeling gem stops working if you do so
So if you notice you forgot to activate an aura interupt your channel shortly

Or you might end dead, possibly without noticing why
"
kazeshinii wrote:
So i have a unrelated question if someone could help me out. Can i play this game if i get a Amd Phenom Ii X6 1055t or Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core with a Radeon HD 7850 or Radeon 6950? I'll save up to change my whole pc to play this build again in december.

I don't know a great deal about PC hardware these days, but I'm on an i6700k and 1080 GTX. I am normally fine, but sometimes get pretty big slowdown, normally to do with ground effect interactions (and now, lighting interactions). It's perfectly playable though.
when will be tree for 3.4? SOS
Tree has barely changed. Here's mine at 84. I'm going for Trickery next, then I imagine I'll go for nearby jewels after Templar start node.

Meanwhile, achieved weekend goals:

That purity of ice thing might actually be useful, if we were ever able to get a spare gem spot.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 2, 2018, 4:56:15 PM
"
FlickerShake wrote:
when will be tree for 3.4? SOS

Updated. May be +-1 level off the mark at lv 50 and 70 because I don't remember when exactly I did the Cruel and Merc labs. Just follow the list of nodes.
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
kazeshinii wrote:

I don't know a great deal about PC hardware these days, but I'm on an i6700k and 1080 GTX. I am normally fine, but sometimes get pretty big slowdown, normally to do with ground effect interactions (and now, lighting interactions). It's perfectly playable though.

I would say it would be even more strange if your pretty much top videocard (2080 isn't a real "thing" yet) would show any lags in the 5 years old game. But not everyone have that :)
"
Med1umentor wrote:
I would say it would be even more strange if your pretty much top videocard (2080 isn't a real "thing" yet) would show any lags in the 5 years old game. But not everyone have that :)

Yeh, it's safe to say that Whispering Ice isn't very well optimised at the moment.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 3, 2018, 2:16:20 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:

Yeh, it's safe to say that Whispering Ice isn't very well optimised at the moment.

Nah, it's safe to say that PoE is poorly optimized. So poorly that it doesnt even perform the same at all on 2 similarly benchmarked computer...

Whispering ice is no problem for me... But wait for it..
I have issues with:
Spoiler
Tornado shot
Caustic arrow
Frost bolt
Herald of Ice
Vaal breach
Arctic breath
Sunder
And some others

So yeah... I think they hired a hobo for the coding and pay him with food = because he seriously cannot be anything else than a poor unlearned "being"*.
Perhaps I'm being dim, Elemental Overload doesn't do anything for us does it?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=The-Whispering-Ice

All the 84+ characters except me are using it.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 3, 2018, 12:59:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info