Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

You had me at rockabilly.
I play bass ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Sep 22, 2018, 12:10:52 AM
"
DoubleU wrote:
You had me at rockabilly.
I play bass ;)

2 prerequisites : a full acoustic double bass....and level 9 club!
Wait didn't you say acapella?
"
ChzBoi wrote:

QUESTIONS/ODDITIES
- why do portal scolls drop?

Ha! To me, you actually asking that question sums up the weird zone you must go into on this hunt, where there is nothing beyond the first gate.

"
ChzBoi wrote:
Draft Proposal for the formation of PoE's first hipster-indie post-rock prog-metal mathcore rockabilly a capella ensemble 'Charan and the Creative Masochists' with the first album being titled 'Metallurgical Aspirations of The Stranded Whale'

Looks like you have a core group already. Maybe when I finally do farm this at the end of this league maybe maybe it'll inspire me to audition

...perhaps this for some really lovely aspirations.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ChzBoi wrote:

patience

That's pretty much it. Which is why I was amazed to see so many people doing it when it first came out, but that was me underestimating the appeal of a zero-req 6L sword with scaling damage I guess.

Even if you're not an experienced PoE player, if you commit to the hunt for the Goddess of Swords, you'll be very experienced at one very specific portion of the game by the time She spawns. I sort of wish there was a way to do it without the alts, because it's not really intuitive, but I guess not many deep-dive side-quests in RPGs are all that intuitive.

From what I understand from Chris' comments in interviews (reading between the lines) there are still game items for which no one has figure it out yet. Could be an unknown recipe, or maybe another as yet unknown farming technique in some other part of PoE. Who knows? I never heard the specifics of who the first player was to actually find an uber Hillock and after killing him got a Charan's Sword. It's not like there is anything remotely intuitive about this. I would never ever wake up one day and think "I wonder if I just level a build on the Twilight Strand Beach forever and never go into Lioneye's Watch that eventually if I get to a high enough level I'll be rewarded with a 6L sword". That thought would never ever have come into my mind. I never even gave a 2nd thought that once you leave the beach you can never go back to it with that build (no re-entry via the guard gate or a waypoint). Who was crazy enough to keep doing this the 1st time? Surely some one (Charan) or GGG dropped a hint about this?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
PoorJoy wrote:
Not going to Farm that ever again.

Is that how your map came to be? Was it anticipating the resulting mental strain from farming Oni-Goroshi?

If so, that is pure brilliance.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
DoubleU wrote:
Wait didn't you say acapella?

oh, it is - but just like this hunt for Oni (which can be tiresome at times), ya gotta carry it around to every gig...and then just set it on your side of the stage. :-)

Question to my fellow Oni Hunters :
- is there a consolidated list of all unique gear that can drop from Twilight?

I went back to look at all that's dropped over the time I've done this hunt : I swear I got a Gorebreaker years ago (before the Oni hunts) but the Wiki says it can't drop until lvl 10.

I'm gonna assume that the above unique gear is also heavily weighted for certain items.

Every unique is heavily weighted in terms of its drop frequency. This has always been the case, as far as I understand RNGesus first decides if a unique is to drop and then makes a 2nd RNG decision as to what the unique item is that drops with the junk ones having the greatest chance to drop.

I've never seen any list (from anywhere) that shows what unique items can drop from zone 1.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
The unique list looks pretty much complete.
Slightly OT - For the Tukohama fight, when Sin swoops in and says "Tukohama", She is just starting her comment,so there is some crossover.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I reckon we could probably assemble a fairly accurate list on the fly. I'll start:

Redbeak
Tabula Rasa
Ezomyte Peak
Blackheart
Wanderlust (from Hillock only probably)
Kaom's Sign
Doedre's Damning
Silverbranch (?)
Crown of Thorns
Bramblejack
Araku Tiki
Sidhebreath (?)