Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
2 hours? That's efficient. Jesus. Even with the old spawn rate I was closer to 4-6 hours I think. Then again I probably stopped to chat/post a lot...hm.

I haven't noticed any difference in time to find Uber Hillock. It seems about the same to me:
Spoiler

Incursion League:

26% @ Level 8 = 3 hours, 7 minutes, 48 seconds

Delve Expansion:

20% @ Level 8 = 2 hours, 56 minutes, 26 seconds

But then you have to multiply the time by 3 (3 farmer rotation) or 4 (4 farmer rotation) + 10% for logging out and in and Strand Beach zone loading, etc. to get closer to the real time to get Charan's Sword.
Last edited by Prisoner_6 on Sep 17, 2018, 10:00:20 PM
The spawn rate was decreased for Bestiary League. That's when I opened The Strand Beach Level 9 Club for all the Oni farmers who were unfortunate to not get Uber Hillock to come out and play in level 8 (Ubie can be so reclusive at times). For Example:
Spoiler

2% @ Level 9 to get to play with Uber Hillock.

At least the Incursion League time grind netted me these fine beauties:

For all the grind time to reach level 9 these special/unfortunate exiles needed an exclusive club where they can commiserate together and get drunk. They earned it.  :)

I also needed to recruit exiles to help clean up the beach of all the completely dead "nasties" (Uber Hillock minions) and the Level 9 club was the perfect place to find them. The stench on the beach was over the top unbearable (rotting flesh is the worst toxic odor imaginable).
Spoiler

Remember: Keep pounding sand and eventually you will be rewarded.
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
do some maps and delve and you got enough currency to buy this shit instead of wasting hours farming for it looooooooooooool

Yeah go do that in ssf.
Just got one at lvl 8.2, was a duelist using claws and doublestrike. Claw kept me healed and no zombies due to being in melee range.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
Just got one at lvl 8.2, was a duelist using claws and doublestrike. Claw kept me healed and no zombies due to being in melee range.

What's that? Does uber Hillock not leap if you are in super close? Live and learn. So many nasties I could have avoided. DOH!!!!...
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I just wish Hillock could work on his twin brother Uber Hillock to get him past his shyness and reluctance to come out and play with the exiles more often. Maybe the fact that he has a sword stuck through him is causing too much pain and movement difficulty so he stays in seclusion 99% of the time.

I've worked hard to keep the Twilight Strand Beach as clean and free of dead bodies as possible to make playing on the beach fun but damned if more bodies and debris don't continuously wash up on the shore. I think Oriath is going to need to get better captains and navigators for their exile transport ships so they don't keep getting smashed to pieces on the rocks.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 18, 2018, 9:41:39 PM
My current 3 farmers are 8,7,6.
Uber had less health?
Thanks Bex :)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Bit of background: the initial plan wasn't to make Hillock any harder just because he spawned with a magical sword in his chest. Heck, I was told for a while that it wouldn't be possible to do that. That he'd just be a hidden spawn and you wouldn't know until he died that the sword in his chest was anything special.

The rarity of that spawn alone was supposed to be the challenge. And I think that would have been its own sort of fun, not knowing until he died, that you'd hit the jackpot.

But Uber Hillock is a much more meaningful engagement and once you see that glowing thing in his chest, you know you've got it. Which is awesome in its own way too.

I've not heard of anyone really struggling with Uber Hillock once he spawns. You're pretty ready for him by then.

it's a better feeling when you see him come into picture and instantly know it's him
Or after few first hits.
The current way Uber Hillock is identified with the ghostly green color is great. Instantly knowing he's uber is perfect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info