Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
poepoe091 wrote:
I'm kind of tempted. I love a targeted farm, and I sort of prefer a late start to the league. I like when the economy is already established so I can just buy shit. Scion Tec Strike seems pretty good...

Actually this new skill is kinda tempting. Ive been using Frost blades but maby will try this one instead :)
I thoroughly enjoyed my OG Slayer in Abyss. I farmed three of them: two for boss/clearing weapon skill set swaps (Viper Strike and Spooky Toss, respectively) and one to sell. OG with Viper Strike and Volkuur's Guidance was deleting bosses almost as hilariously as my Edge of Madness Viper Strike build during Legacy (which I did as a final farewell to double-dipping). Coincidentally, some Abberatth's Hooves dropped for me right before Merveil, so my OG Slayer was probably the comfiest leveling I've ever done on a character.

Harness the Void makes me kind of want to do a Trickster version of my Abyss character, but I think if I do the grind again, it will be once the league matures a bit, and more for the purpose of seeing Ultra Uber Hillock than anything else.
I never farmed OG before, but I decided to play a build in the upcoming league, which revolves around having 2 OGs. It might not be the best idea, but whatever. I don't care that much about min/maxing my time/currency/whatever at the beginning of a league and I won't have much time in a row for about 1,5-2 weeks into the league anyway. I will play some when I have the time and just see how lucky I get and adept accordingly.
I've farmed 2 Onis in Abyss but haven't had the time to make a build around it even though I would like to.
So even with the nerf to drop (important that the weapon was not nerfed) I'll still try to farm it since Ill be playing Slayer (or maybe Jugg?) with Oni as first league char.

I just really hope it doesn't take more than 12h to farm one or I'll go mental :P

p.s. also perfect time to try cyclone, actually never played with this skill before...
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
Last edited by Powderoff on Feb 28, 2018, 1:24:51 PM
Rip they nerfed the drop rate "a lot".
Guess it will take 10 Hours now xD
As for me nothing changed. Still gonna try it.
I felt like it was barely worth if before. Now its like why?? No thanks id rather just play the game.
Drop it in regular league. For SSF I will wait until Reddit calculated the average farm time required. Pre nerf it took me ~7 hours (it's 4 hours average) to drop one. So post-nerf it really depends on the nerf because 7 hours was already too much of a waste of life, I cannot do more.
Farmed about 7 Goroshi's in Abyss
This league I'll probably only get 2 to use and 1 to sell.

I don't mind the time it takes, since it's the weapon I will be using until the end of times.
It takes me more time to swap weapons and skill gems constantly while leveling, resocketing, recoloring and relinking / trying to get people to respond on POE.trade.

0.01 or 0.001 % , I don't notice the difference tbh. You just have to get lucky either way.
But the RNGodess is mostly on my side.

One day I was farming for 12 hours straight starting from lvl 7 with no single drop,
and the next morning it dropped when switching to second character ..
So I don't think there will be much difference.
Grind starts today.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info