Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Yes yes farm it to the time when you get it l will be allready on tiar 15 maps with 6 link gears)
Last edited by MruczekM77 on May 29, 2018, 6:45:40 AM
"
Yes yes farm it to the time when you get it l will be allready on tiar 15 maps with 6 link gears)

I will speak based on my personal experience.

In SSF Bestiary, I spent day 1 & 2 farming the sword (I farmed 4 of them).

Yes. Many people on my list are already mapping by the time I gotten my hands on the sword, but by day 7, I am already mapping ahead of these people on my list.

Why is that so? I have 6L on day 2 of the league.

So should a player farm for the sword?

If a player plays in SSF league, certainly. You will save more time in the long run.

If a player plays in trading league, trading for one will probably be more time saving.
Tabula is obtainable on Day 1 and it is endgame viable for many builds.
"

And this has anything to do with OG? OG advatages are not just links if youre not aware of that.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"

Whoopdedoo, three cheers for you. :)

__

I'm always so fucking baffled when someone who has no business with this sword comments on it. It's clearly not aimed at them, so why the need to say anything? I blame GGG for making it so easy to get the first time.

Nien is right tho. I personally feel that Oni was made way too rare and to half of the population it wasn't a worthy time investment in the first place. GGG panicked over it's sudden increase in popularity( or maybe bot farming?) which would've declined anyways but now it's pretty much dead. I remember people asking if Oni is viable with X all the time everywhere, now I am only reminded about this sword with this general chat topic.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Havent farmed it myself yet, but as i understand it the thing that takes longest is getting your farm chars to level 7 in twilight strand, is it not?
i would probably farm it if that requirment was lowerd
It can be found on any leve but after 7 chance is highier. Boring part is runnig to Hillock, killing them changing character and again. And again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again...
"
de99ial wrote:
"

And this has anything to do with OG? OG advatages are not just links if youre not aware of that.

This.

Oni is pretty much the one-for-all item that carries you all the way to end game.

You technically don't need another 6L or weapon for the build you are playing.
So I was planning to farm it in incursion, but I've seen different things on how it drops. Would anyone mind clarifying for me? I've read that it drops at any level and I've read that it drops only past level 7.
I got 4 last league running 3 Scions and a witch, I'm slow and don't care about speed stuff too much.
1st 1 at level 9 and a fraction, lowest roll 70% crit chance. 10 1/2 hours. It took so long because I only ran 1 Scion waiting for zone to reset. Added other farmers to stop waiting.

2nd level 8 + 1 bar, 88% crit, 7 hours.

3rd level 8 + 20%, 83 crit, 6 1/2 hours. Witch died once, but re-spawned away from mob and finally prevailed.

4th level 9 and fraction, 87% crit chance.

I'm really having fun with the sword, I like the voice acting and a deterministic way to get a build enabling item, even with the time spent.

Kira1414 made a nice build guide I've been using, there are others also listed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2058308/page/1
Last edited by raincoast on May 30, 2018, 3:13:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info