Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
CelticHound wrote:
"
Jennik wrote:
"
poepoe091 wrote:
I sort of prefer a late start to the league. I like when the economy is already established so I can just buy shit.

Also keep in mind that the beginning of the league will most likely be riddled with problems. In the first 11 days of Abyss, they added some QOL features, fixed a ton of different crashes, improved the worst aspects of the league, and fixed a ton of bugs. The gameplay experience is far better if you wait a while to start the league.

Are you psychic?

I wish, but recognizing that GGG consistently fucks everything up the first time around doesn't require any special powers. On the plus side, Bestiary league is already much better than when it was released, plus many more improvements will hit in the next week or so. For anyone who's kind of enjoying the league so far, your experience should only get better from now on.

On the minus side, they made the SSF experience this league so shitty that I already quit and uninstalled the game soon after hitting yellow maps. Instead of fixing the problems with SSF (and also people in non-SSF leagues who simply don't want to have to trade for every tiny thing), they made them all worse. The thorn that keeps digging into my side is the absurd grind to unlock the Atlas, which they made even worse this league when they made their map drop change that was actually intended to help SSF players. That's some classic GGG right there.

At least I had an Oni for a while. That sword feels so damn good to play with. As shitty as the grind is, I'll most likely do it again if I come back in the future and want to play melee in SSF.
Last edited by Jennik on Mar 7, 2018, 6:43:55 AM
Oh the pain... THE PAIN!!!... I'd rather mind mend with a Horta than endure the pain of Oni farming ever again. Congrats GGG, you took all the fun out of farming for an Oni-Goroshi. It's brutal... B-R-U-T-A-L-!. Maybe too many players got 1 (or many) last league and that needed to be nerfed but damn it if you didn't do the usual over-reaction and go way extreme so that very few will want to do it.

Finally this morning Uber Hillock showed up. After 3 dozen runs this morning and was like "why isn't my double strike doing any damage on Hillock" from being in the usual zombie farm run state after awhile and then I woke up with a WTF, the sword in him is the ghostly green color, it's Uber Hillock:

Running around to try to lure the Awakened mob away from Hillock so I can get in and whack on him wasn't working so I finally gave up and just attacked until I ran out of life. After six deaths Uber Hillock was dead. I died once more to the mob and then could lure them away to pick up the sword. Thankfully I didn't have anything bad happen that would have reset the instance (that would have been too cruel for words if that had happened).

Figures that I'd get a shitty rng on the % increased critical strikes. Hells bells.

Unless you are a PoE masochist I'd say it isn't worth the time farming it. Only reason I kept going is that I already had sunk too many hours into farming on a 3 build rotation and I was thinking "damn it I will not let the Wookie win" (curse you GGG) so I kept going.

I'm numb and need my morning coffee fix.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 7, 2018, 9:10:21 AM
Nice story man. And yes i know the feeling.

"Zombie like state from running to Hillock.
Again.
Again.
And again...
again...
and again...
again...
and again...
and one time... "da faq what the hell? why he is so hard? O FCUK ITS HIM AHAHAHAHAHAH FINALLY!!"

Yeah kinda like this :)

But i had scion so spectral throw kills Hil and all his mobs.
"
vayha wrote:
I got second this morning. 8.50 lvl. Moment of spawn... epic. Confirmed.

I have 2x scions left on 8.50 lvls. I will farm probably because Oni is extensive now.

Oni goroshi is 1 ex in league. That's one of the cheapest end game weapons that is 6 linked
Two lvl 8 Scion
One lvl 7 Ranger
One lvl 8 Ranger

One Scion picked up the sword right after reaching lvl 7. Nothing so far on the other three.

Decent roll on that one.

Not sure how much time I've got into the hunt. Is there a way to find out?
"
AwesomeGrunt wrote:
Two lvl 8 Scion
One lvl 7 Ranger
One lvl 8 Ranger

One Scion picked up the sword right after reaching lvl 7. Nothing so far on the other three.

Decent roll on that one.

Use /played on each and add them up.
"
AwesomeGrunt wrote:
You can type "/played" on each of your farmers and total the results.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
AwesomeGrunt wrote:
Two lvl 8 Scion
One lvl 7 Ranger
One lvl 8 Ranger

Decent roll on that one.

Now that I have one and have checked it off my "things to do at the beach" list (I'll never get to do any surf fishing... damn shame Chris thinks it's funny to troll us like that) I'll never do this ever again. Wow, that cheap. I'd want 10 EX for the time aggravation it takes to get past level 8.5 and then get the rng chance to get uber Hillock.

Press enter to open the console window then type /PLAYED to see how long you have played that build. Then multiply by 3 or 4 to get real time played. Since it's 90 seconds wait to get instance reset to run again I worked a 3 build rotation so I'd multple my 4.45 hours by 4 to get close to my total time played (18 hours... ouch... never again!).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 7, 2018, 5:46:05 PM
I ran 4 Scions, all of them are level 8 at ~8 %. First Oni dropped after ~13 hours, second Oni 1,5 hours later. I know it is nonesense but for people who like wearing tinfoil hats: I changed my login-server to London just prior to the first Oni drop :D
Ran four Scions. Just got it lvl 8 and 3 bars..

Good luck runners!
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info