[3.2] THEORY CRAFT GOLEMENTALIST 7 UNKILLABLE GOLEMS!

"
Having played golem builds in the last 2 leagues, the survivability of golems isn't a problem. They have a very short cooldown (~3 sec with a few primordial harmonies) and can be resummoned easily if they die. You wanna maximize golem damage and your own survivability, and the necro is far better in both these categories. The golem nodes on elementalist seem to be a noobtrap, esp. since u cant stay dead and let minions kill bosses anymore.

not sure what you are on about, nothing about necromancer comes close to the amount of damage with golems that an elementalist can. ADDING they also nerfed the necromancer survivability this league, while elementalist got buffed. Necro is for most other minions except maybe SRS. Golems, however, are perfectly fine as elementalists
"
allana wrote:

not sure what you are on about, nothing about necromancer comes close to the amount of damage with golems that an elementalist can. ADDING they also nerfed the necromancer survivability this league, while elementalist got buffed. Necro is for most other minions except maybe SRS. Golems, however, are perfectly fine as elementalists

Have to agree, played an Elementalist Golemancer last league and the buffs are fantastic, allows us to go 5/1/1, 4/1/1/1, or 4/1/1 with Victario's Charity which is a considerable boost to golem clear and damage output. (Not that they really needed it, 6L golems with 10 Harmonies could already clear all endgame content)

Currently buying items for a new Golemancer, plan to try out the Saqawal's set for 20% speed and 20% chance at double damage but the lack of decent life rolls on the body and boots is a little off-putting. (The +65% movement speed should be pretty nice though on high roll boots + helm with flight)
Last edited by Gerrador on Mar 6, 2018, 1:19:20 PM
i decided to test full crab set with golems and i must say defence is insane ,with mom you just basicly cant die..set is seriously broken op. My advice is to test it,you can use fire pen for easier coloring.
I tried Golemancer in Harbinger and my golems were practically immortal, that was never the problem. My main problem was the golem AI. The Primordial Might aggressive mod doesn't solve the problem of golems being too passive or stupid. 6linked lvl21 Flame golems deal a metric crapton of damage with their ranged barrage-catapult-whatever ability but they tend to go into close range and use their much less effective flame surge ability.
Playing a non-necro summoner was cool and I liked it but I think Solar Guard spectres beat golems any day.
this thread is not about solar guard spectres
just got my elementalist got going and it looks fine so far lvl 73

double curse ele weakness + flamability ligthning ball works well with bosses and i added a TV and a wickerman to inflict ignite on enemies.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
MrsDeath, what are your thoughts on the new Elementalist golemancer vs. the Necro version now that you have had time to build out the character? I'm thinking about rolling a new one, but am wondering what to expect in the end game with the new build.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

double curse ele weakness + flamability ligthning ball works well with bosses and i added a TV and a wickerman to inflict ignite on enemies.

May I ask your skill tree path? Thanks!
"
jddc78 wrote:
MrsDeath, what are your thoughts on the new Elementalist golemancer vs. the Necro version now that you have had time to build out the character? I'm thinking about rolling a new one, but am wondering what to expect in the end game with the new build.

i think necro spectres and golems are too easy to die on maps/bosses so i would go 100% elementalist on this.
"
Gelmeister wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

May I ask your skill tree path? Thanks!

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.2/AAAABAMCAQECBAcEswj0Dc0RLRM1FHEWbxekGFYYaho4GmwczhzcHxgkqicvKPorUCycMtE1kjbpOVI6WDrhPC1Bh0QERUdFnUrITLNNuU3jUftTUlXGWAdZ81qRZlRoWGhlaHRqQ2qsa3pr226qbztyD3Kpdqx4DXvDggeCx4Nfg8yD24VgidiKr46-jxqPRpARkFWSwZRvmK2a4Juhna6iAKZXpwiofarErJisqq2Nr6e18rc-uJO7AbzqwBrAZsT2xq7Iv8y8zRbPftAf0_vUB9eW2L3ZfNpi3I3fsONq6hjr7uyK7-vyRfPd9zL31_jr-ej-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=MrsDeath_&characterName=BeastiaryIsMyFetish

i start with minion nodes and 5 jewel slots. then move my may into hp nodes. it really does not matter what you pick just focus on getting jewel slots.
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Apr 7, 2018, 7:47:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info