[3.2] THEORY CRAFT GOLEMENTALIST 7 UNKILLABLE GOLEMS!

So i am pretty excited about new changes on elementalist tree and i am so glad that finally GGG acknowledged us golem builders!
with new elementalist tree we can have 2 extra golems summoned and with every golem we summon we get extra golem damage by 20%. also these golems grant us immunity to ignite, shock , and freeze/chill.
I will theory craft a golem build probably mix it with some spectres along the way.

But we dont know what necromancer ascendancy will get. if it gets buffed again a mixed spectre golems can be good or a scion with elementalist on it could be worth to see.

Reveals:
ok occultist and necro has revealed and accultist looks pretty good tbh. necro got nerfed on offering side but its still the cheapest and the strongest way to start the league imo.

My plan for starting will be srs untill i get my hands on solar guards. after i pick up solar guards i ll go for cruel lab then farm golem jewels as first thing on maps.
After farming 10+ jewels and might + anima stone i will go golementalist.
---------------------------------------------------
Theory crafting:
this build will probably use 2 clayshapers or a clayshaper and victario's charity + necromantic aegis.
if i can craft a helmet like this

i could go for kaom's for chest and reach pretty high on life.
if not it would be a life based rare chest with golems in it a belly would be fine too.

ps : this thread can be used for golem users to discuss their ideas on new elementalist changes.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Feb 27, 2018, 6:56:22 AM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2018, 7:46:43 AM
Seems Necro is RIP for golemancy. :)

I'm thinking to go somewhat glass cannon.
7 golems (5+1+1 or 4+1+1+1), with 12 jewel slots should be so juicy.

This should give ~50% more dps then old pentagolem golemancer with +1 socketed gems body.

Problem is physical damage, so i'm thinking about Lightning Coil, Arctic Armour and Chaos golem to mitigate.
Last edited by c__rat on Feb 26, 2018, 5:21:50 PM
"
c__rat wrote:
Seems Necro is RIP for golemancy. :)

I'm thinking to go somewhat glass cannon.
7 golems (5+1+1 or 4+1+1+1), with 12 jewel slots should be so juicy.

This should give ~50% more dps then old pentagolem golemancer with +1 socketed gems body.

Problem is physical damage, so i'm thinking about Lightning Coil, Arctic Armour and Chaos golem to mitigate.

well i plan to yolo on normal league since necro is dead i dk if i will try old spectres at hc.

about the dmg i think going for a chaos golem would not matter much but new chests looks fine too.

i wanna go 6 golems with victarios but 7 golems have always been my dream since i started playing golementalist ^^
think i will go golem's in the new season
Those who stand should never out number those who kneel.
It will be awesome with the fire atronach mtx
How doable will the golem build be, if you play SSF?

I have not once seen a golem gem drop, so it seems rather difficult to build a huge army of golems. Not sure if the new nodes alone, are enough to have a viable build.
I am not quite sure more golems is significant, considering the greatest issue is not lack of damage or survivability (stacking harmony + one or two additional golem types), but that golems magma ball seems to have a more restricted trajectory (try channel map for fun and games) and the explosions kinda cloud the area, in black smoke due to which you cant see anything what is happening...

IMO :)
"
It will be awesome with the fire atronach mtx

i want that mtx so badly.
''We're also sharing the prices of each microtransaction in the box to make it easier to decide whether or not you'd like to wait to purchase your desired microtransaction in the store later, or try your luck at getting it now from the mystery box!

The microtransactions contained in this mystery box will all be available from the store approximately one month after the Abyss League ends.''
How can i wait 1 month to buy this they should make them available at the start of bestiary league :(

"
Ygidua wrote:
How doable will the golem build be, if you play SSF?

I have not once seen a golem gem drop, so it seems rather difficult to build a huge army of golems. Not sure if the new nodes alone, are enough to have a viable build.

I think its almost impossible. Any lucky player could drop 4 or 5 golem jewels untill the league ends so its too much to ask someone playing ssf to be only golems.

"
MarcusMaximus wrote:
I am not quite sure more golems is significant, considering the greatest issue is not lack of damage or survivability (stacking harmony + one or two additional golem types), but that golems magma ball seems to have a more restricted trajectory (try channel map for fun and games) and the explosions kinda cloud the area, in black smoke due to which you cant see anything what is happening...

IMO :)

i think survivability is the problem since golems dont deal dmg after you die. So this would be a great boss killer if you manage to survive fights yourself.
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Feb 27, 2018, 2:58:24 AM
If you want something to start off of, i took this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/1
and worked it into a somewhat working spectre/golem hybrid. I'm planning on switching over to elementalist once i can afford it/once i get a decent 5-6L to work with the build. With 2 clayshapers and elementalist the damage should be pretty sick. Right now clearing anywhere from t1 to t7 well, haven't gone higher yet. Solar guards were completely fine, but the 3 golems already took my heart with their casting, so i'd argue golems can go a lot further than what spectres do in terms of clearspeed. Haven't done any bossing yet though, so theres a test for me..

Could also toss a burning damage/minion damage elder helm in there if i wanted spectres once i turn elementalist, but dunno about that. Vanguards probably wouldn't make the cut at that point.
Last edited by azuz22 on Mar 5, 2018, 8:32:22 PM
Having played golem builds in the last 2 leagues, the survivability of golems isn't a problem. They have a very short cooldown (~3 sec with a few primordial harmonies) and can be resummoned easily if they die. You wanna maximize golem damage and your own survivability, and the necro is far better in both these categories. The golem nodes on elementalist seem to be a noobtrap, esp. since u cant stay dead and let minions kill bosses anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info