[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

@Kira/thread, I'm reviewing your updated changes on the front page however wanted to confirm if you've updated the gems/skills you'd use for the 6-link consecrated path build? (unsure if any changed)

Also is EO the end goal given that we should be able to move past requiring RT by the end-game?

EDIT: Following your comments over on the Slayer page - you mentioned you are unable to update the gems until patch day. Would you be able to confirm here in writing what you would suggest as the 6l? Or just an overview of the different gems you may choose for all slots. I know a lot of people are loving the Precision aura.
Last edited by illuminate89 on Jun 6, 2019, 2:14:10 PM
Great job man!

Do you think Oni goroshi could be an viable alternative weapon with your build ?
i like this sword :D
completely new player here, under leveling skill trees, would you recommend no vaal pact or vaal pact build for a new player? what are the differences between the two? also, is the elemental overload version easy to gear?

thanks!
Hey, thanks for your great work!!

I'm looking for the consecrated Path version... I guess Chieftain will be the best and easiest choice to start with and even to push it till the end game? Do you think tombfist will be still the best choice even without the attack speed?

Thanks in Advance :)
"
SilvanOrion wrote:
So I'm honestly curious:
With the changes to Chieftain and the amount of life regen available, is going Vaal Pact still the right thing?
Still kinda learning builds, so sorry for the newbish question.

Just reiterating the question hoping that someone can answer. I see a lot of regen nodes taken, as well as the points in ascendancy, but we're still taking Vaal Pact that removes regen?

Edit: got some some friends to take a look and they pointed it out for me. Thanks all :)
Last edited by SilvanOrion on Jun 6, 2019, 4:32:34 PM
"
SilvanOrion wrote:
"
SilvanOrion wrote:
So I'm honestly curious:
With the changes to Chieftain and the amount of life regen available, is going Vaal Pact still the right thing?

Just reiterating the question hoping that someone can answer. I see a lot of regen nodes taken, as well as the points in ascendancy, but we're still taking Vaal Pact that removes regen?

Edit: got some some friends to take a look and they pointed it out for me. Thanks all :)

What was the answer :)?
"
vax wrote:

Thanks! May I ask which build will you start with personally? :)

If I play in trade league, I would start off with Slayer. :)

"
illuminate89 wrote:
@Kira/thread, I'm reviewing your updated changes on the front page however wanted to confirm if you've updated the gems/skills you'd use for the 6-link consecrated path build? (unsure if any changed)

Also is EO the end goal given that we should be able to move past requiring RT by the end-game?

EDIT: Following your comments over on the Slayer page - you mentioned you are unable to update the gems until patch day. Would you be able to confirm here in writing what you would suggest as the 6l? Or just an overview of the different gems you may choose for all slots. I know a lot of people are loving the Precision aura.

Gems section is pending update but the current gems setup will still be fine when league starts.

I will update the gem section once POB includes the new gems when patch 3.7 hits. You will likely see the gems section updated by day 2 of new league.

"
xiaolink wrote:
Great job man!

Do you think Oni goroshi could be an viable alternative weapon with your build ?
i like this sword :D

You will have to take up sword and crit nodes if Oni-goroshi is your weapon of choice. :)

"
ky9007 wrote:
completely new player here, under leveling skill trees, would you recommend no vaal pact or vaal pact build for a new player? what are the differences between the two? also, is the elemental overload version easy to gear?

thanks!

I recommend no Vaal Pact as league starter. Vaal Pact is in fact optional.

It is only for players who feel they are facing issues leeching back their life during combat.

In 3.7, EO will be a lot easier to gear.

"
sh0wtimeyeye wrote:
Hey, thanks for your great work!!

I'm looking for the consecrated Path version... I guess Chieftain will be the best and easiest choice to start with and even to push it till the end game? Do you think tombfist will be still the best choice even without the attack speed?

Thanks in Advance :)

Chieftain is definitely the ascendancy that is easiest to gear.

Tombfist will still be a great choice for Intimidate. 2 abyssal sockets would be preferred.

"
SilvanOrion wrote:
"
SilvanOrion wrote:
So I'm honestly curious:

"
illuminate89 wrote:
What was the answer :)?

You do lose the regen from the nodes if you pick Vaal Pact but you still get to keep the other stats of those nodes.

In fact Vaal Pact is totally optional. It is meant for players who feel they needed the extra leech. :)
As a chieftain do you think it's better to take +1 to max endurance charges ?
Is resolute technique just meant to be used when you are new to the league, meaning you switch to the Vaal Pact + EO version later?

Is there a case where you'd pick a 3rd variation (no Vaal Pact, No resolute technique, but pick up elemental overload), so you wouldn't lose the regen from the Tasalio ascendancy node?

Last edited by Seldric_ on Jun 6, 2019, 10:36:05 PM
"
QMINE wrote:
As a chieftain do you think it's better to take +1 to max endurance charges ?

I feel that is optional unless you play Tectonic Slam. More endurance charge will work better for Tectonic Slam.

"
Seldric_ wrote:
Is resolute technique just meant to be used when you are new to the league, meaning you switch to the Vaal Pact + EO version later?

Is there a case where you'd pick a 3rd variation (no Vaal Pact, No resolute technique, but pick up elemental overload), so you wouldn't lose the regen from the Tasalio ascendancy node?

RT is recommended as league starter and when you have better gears, you can switch to EO.

As for Vaal Pact, it is optional. Just for players who feel they needed more leech for survival.

You can definitely tweak the skill trees to suit your play style. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info