[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
dhuber666 wrote:
May I ask why we level with lesser poison support? Is there som advantage over ancestral call I'm missing?

You can definitely use Ancestral Call for leveling. I have overlooked this gem. :)

"
pampersas wrote:
Hey guys. So I don't know how to import my items into the forum but could somebody take a look at my build. I'm doing fire cyclone according to https://www.poebuilds.net/fire-cyclone. So far it's going quite good but now I'm facing survivability problem. I get those bleeds and crits which kills me. I would like to ask what should I change in my gear to get more survivability and also increase my dps. My budget is 6ex

Looking at your profile, I will recommend you to switch your gloves to Tombfist. 2 abyssal sockets will be highly recommended.

The gems setup in your chest and axe is not optimized. You are losing lots of damage over there. I would recommend you to check out the setup under gems section.

For amulet, Elder rare amulet that looked will be recommended:

Stygian belt with similar stats as your current rare belt will be much better.

You can try crafting Stygian belt using following fossils:
"
Pristine + Jagged + Prismatic

For flask setup, check out the flask section in the guide.

For delving, you can replace anti-freeze quick silver flask with anti-freeze stibnite flask.

Run Enfeeble curse instead of Flammability when you are leveling, or delving.

"
ohkanada wrote:
I am playing SSF and I am following the "Uber Lab Farmer - Resolute Technique (Cheaper To Gear, League Starter Friendly)" build. I have quite enjoyed the build so far. I am up to level 92 which is my highest level yet. I am struggling a bit in some maps and some of the delve areas (I am around 220). I tend to die often enough (either new map bosses I am not sure of) or some random delve death, that I am not getting anywhere near level 93.

Most of my gems are 20/20%. Right now Immortal Call has no quality and Ancestral Warchief is Vaal so it has no quality. I have a 5-link chest. I have had a 6-link chest but it had no armor and I noticed I kept on dieing so I switched back to 5-link and have added armor on other items where possible.

In general, I am putting down the Warchief totem, casting Blood Rage and casting Enduring Cry, and then of course cycloning. I refresh Enduring Cry when required. At the moment I almost never cast Immortal Call since I am using the Vaal Warchief for damage. I am thinking tonight I will try to cast immortal call and just ignore Vaal Warchief since I do have the damage to kill things. It just seems

The struggle I have in this game is when I die, I really have no idea why. Not sure if it is because of physical or elemental or chaos/poison damage. Sometimes its obvious but not often enough.

Can you take a look at my gear and see if there is anything obvious wrong, or more likely I just need to play a bit better at higher levels to not die. The character is Zagamah.

Thanks for any help.

Similar to the guy above. I would recommend you to change your gloves and amulet. You have to farm some abyss bosses to get your hands on Tombfist. It shouldn't take you long since the gloves drop frequently.

You can consider using Lightpoacher for your helm. You can farm Lightpoacher cards on Underground Sea. It is a fairly common drop.

Use Stygian belt. It gives you more damage. You can check the post above for fossils that you can use for self crafting.

For flasks, you can follow the budget setup. If you do not have Wise Oak, you can replace that with Stibnite flask.

You can run Enfeeble instead of Flammability when you are leveling your character.

Do note that this build can't run Elemental Reflect maps. If you see that rolled on your map, just re-roll the map.

In delves, use Pyre ring (if you have one). Replace Elemental Focus gem with Combustion. Pyre ring will destroy all corpses of ignited mobs and they will not be able to cast their on death ice spikes. You can identify these icy spikes by looking out for a beam that shoots down from the sky.

"
Moose93 wrote:
how do you get onslaught with this build?

Silver flask or by picking up Slaughter from the skill tree.
I was debating picking up a -9% fire res helmet, at least for mapping, maybe for delving as well, still need to push deeper to see if my starkonja's is strong enough. Do you recommend using one? There are quite a decent few with 100+ life, 2-3% life, and -9 fire res which seems like a nice combo, also seems craftable if you know the right fossils to use (which I do not).

I was also considering investing in a different avenue and choose to support AW better by going from a faster attacks + Anc Warchief to a 3 socket one with item mods. Waste of currency and time? I tend to pop my AW anytime there's 2+ rares, uniques, bosses etc.

I wanted to be tankier so I dropped anger for grace and used Iron Reflexes to convert all my evasion to armor. So far I feel less squishy and only really die if I'm not paying attention. This may only be viable for now because I feel at deeper delves I'll need the damage I dropped losing Anger and Watcher's Eye.
Last edited by Teerick on Oct 15, 2018, 4:29:03 PM
"
Teerick wrote:
I was debating picking up a -9% fire res helmet, at least for mapping, maybe for delving as well, still need to push deeper to see if my starkonja's is strong enough. Do you recommend using one? There are quite a decent few with 100+ life, 2-3% life, and -9 fire res which seems like a nice combo, also seems craftable if you know the right fossils to use (which I do not).

I was also considering investing in a different avenue and choose to support AW better by going from a faster attacks + Anc Warchief to a 3 socket one with item mods. Waste of currency and time? I tend to pop my AW anytime there's 2+ rares, uniques, bosses etc.

I wanted to be tankier so I dropped anger for grace and used Iron Reflexes to convert all my evasion to armor. So far I feel less squishy and only really die if I'm not paying attention. This may only be viable for now because I feel at deeper delves I'll need the damage I dropped losing Anger and Watcher's Eye.

A helm like this is definitely viable:

You can craft it using Pristine + Scorched fossils.
Why this build uses Hatred as the third aura since this build is mainly based on fire damage?
"
Hokagefirst wrote:
Why this build uses Hatred as the third aura since this build is mainly based on fire damage?

If you have Watcher's Eye that grant physical damage as extra fire when affected by Anger, you will use Anger.

Otherwise, Hatred will give you more damage.

Looking for help regarding my next upgrade. I realize I can eek a little more damage out of my flask setup, but I prefer an emergency life flask and the added defense the basalt gives me.

Blood magic basically acts as a mana pot so I can smash things when out of mana to regen, also allows me to move around the map as much as I'd like.

CWDT + Golem because I'm lazy.
Hey all! I've been playing this build for 2 or three leagues now. I have a couple ex and I'm wondering which direction I should be going now. I just respecc'd to Elemental Overload last night so some of my gear MAY not be optimal yet, but what do you think the next upgrades should be?

POB:
https://pastebin.com/NMegTXum

Look forward to any feedback!
done with the league, vaaled all my gear for fun (at least were it makes sense).changed the tree a bit to fit inspired learning jewel, which is very useful for maps and delves. if you are interest go take a look:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Malbini/characters

Spoiler
wrong account lol
Last edited by RikonTheGamer on Nov 3, 2018, 11:43:39 AM
played in delve. heaps of fun :) only selling my gear cause i overplayed a bit and im kinda burnt out lol. if nothing sells tho, il just keep playing in standard :P thanks for the keks builds!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info