[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Hey all. Just wanted to get a check in because I've kind of felt a bit stuck upgrade-wise. I tend to hit this point where I either don't really know how to find proper upgrades for decent price, or just can't see the whole picture of switching around gear to keep above needed res/life levels.

Here's what I'm running right now, it's surviving pretty well, I'm pretty easily able to do my delves and maps, but I want to keep going.

Obviously the helmet enchant is useless, I've just been too lazy to farm the right one.
"
@kira1414, Thank you first for this guide. Though I've had " Random characters here and there. This is my First full attempt at playing PoE, as in i plan on getting this current character to 100 ( if i can ) and finish mapping, which I've not really done before i think i got to 15 maps done on previous characters.

That being said, i am trying to follow the best i can with the guide and set ups. Must thank you, I did my First Ever Uber Labs unlock on this character ( Huge achievement for me being a complete newb lol. ) Have been lucky thus far currency wise. Had a Kaom's Heart drop so got a good sale there and had 3 Exalts drop so far. ( Been very lucky on that i think. )

But now I'm hitting a wall, I think DPS may be low, accuracy, if I'm reading right is low, if I'm reading my stats right!. But trying to find and balance, is harder, not sure on how to get " Better " gear, and what is classed as " better " since Rares can be better than Unique. Leveling to 90 has become dead slow, because I'm not getting the maps i need to drop, and there seems to be so many " Fake sellers " on PoE.Trade that it's getting boring sitting online for an hour just constantly trying to buy a map or two and getting maybe one real seller in an hour.

I really want to get this character and build moving forward, is there any advice , tips you can help with, is my Tree OK ?. I've tried to Follow the Cyclone Build with EO.

Thank you again for the Guide. My go to one, for this League. :)

Your character profile is hidden so I am not able to provide any assessment for it.

I would recommend you to go for RT instead of EO till you have 900 accuracy on your gears (rings, amulet, abyssal jewels).

You can check out my SSF Delve Chieftain for reference. I have cleared Shaper, Vaal Temple, Uber Atziri with it. Uber Elder will be my next target once I have the maps.

"
ktak wrote:
Yesterday just killed my first guardian in the game for :D (Minotaur)
With only 1 death. I played cyclone in Incursion too, but pure phys build with Scion and tried him too, but couldn't it was very bad solo target damage there. Ngamahu much more damage to solo target.

Rare Elder/Shaper amulet with extra physical as elemental damage will provide more dps instead of Impresence. That is 1 slot you can look into upgrading.

You next biggest upgrade will be 6L Bronn with 3R2B1G.

You can check out my SSF Delve chieftain for gear reference.

"
mazens wrote:
Anyone downed uber elder with the EO build of this yet ?

Yes. Uber Elder has been cleared using EO build during Incursion league.

RT setup will be able to beat Uber Elder too.

"
Askren25 wrote:
Hey all. Just wanted to get a check in because I've kind of felt a bit stuck upgrade-wise. I tend to hit this point where I either don't really know how to find proper upgrades for decent price, or just can't see the whole picture of switching around gear to keep above needed res/life levels.

Here's what I'm running right now, it's surviving pretty well, I'm pretty easily able to do my delves and maps, but I want to keep going.

Spoiler

Obviously the helmet enchant is useless, I've just been too lazy to farm the right one.

Just like the previous poster, rare Elder/Shaper amulet will give you more damage. Look into upgrading that.

For DPS, I would recommend you to go pure Cyclone with Shroud. Go for 2R2B1G:

"
Cyclone + Elemental Damage with Attack + Fortify + Concentrated + Elemental Focus

You can also do gem swap to Consecrated Path for mapping:

"
Consecrated Path + Elemental Damage with Attack + Concentrated + Elemental Focus

For both setup above, you can swap Concentrated + Elemental Focus to Combustion + Ignite Proliferation.

The Taming is a very good DPS ring but it lacks life. Le Heup of All is a ring better for leveling. I would recommend you to replace Le Heup with a rare ring that provide high life and resistance.

Aim for 6000 life on your character.
Last edited by kira1414 on Sep 22, 2018, 9:45:12 AM
I apologize if this has been answered before but would Consecrated Path proc molten burst far rarer than Cyclone?

Is there a substantial difference in damage between the two? How about mana sustain?
"
zahlanzi wrote:
I apologize if this has been answered before but would Consecrated Path proc molten burst far rarer than Cyclone?

Is there a substantial difference in damage between the two? How about mana sustain?

Molten Burst gets proc all the time with Consecrated Path.

Consecrated Path is very good for mapping, on boss fight, Cyclone will generally be better.

There is no issues when it comes to mana sustain.
Hello, trying to find an easy league starter for my brother could this one work? I'm already using juggernaut with reave so he can't use it :\
Hi, i think i hit a wall at t14/15, it has become a bit difficult to stay alive in mid rolled maps.
What can i upgrade next?
I'm leveling a blade vortex ele to change the pace from time to time, but if i have still a lot of room to upgrade on this char i might just pour the currency here.
Hi there,
I am still having a great time with this build. I have just gotten a Bronn's lite (5L for now, but I plan to go 6L soon). I have changed my amulet and rings (to gain physical damage gain as extra fire as well as to balance my resistances for wise oak).

Any upgrades you would recommend on a 100 chaos budget ?

Many thanks !

https://pastebin.com/pfdrpW1D

PS by the way I tried out perseverance, it seems that this increases the dps quite significantly. But balancing the resistance becomes a challenge.

Last edited by edessiex on Sep 23, 2018, 10:46:19 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:
GUIDE

So, I am confused -

For the Windscream, Belly, Impresence, what gem set up Do I run for Helm/Boots/Gloves?

I am running the RT non-Vaal Pact, Chieften Maurader tree.

IGN: Fara_CantStopWontStop
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058741
Last edited by Faramire on Sep 23, 2018, 7:07:30 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
@kira1414, Thank you first for this guide. Though I've had " Random characters here and there. This is my First full attempt at playing PoE, as in i plan on getting this current character to 100 ( if i can ) and finish mapping, which I've not really done before i think i got to 15 maps done on previous characters.

That being said, i am trying to follow the best i can with the guide and set ups. Must thank you, I did my First Ever Uber Labs unlock on this character ( Huge achievement for me being a complete newb lol. ) Have been lucky thus far currency wise. Had a Kaom's Heart drop so got a good sale there and had 3 Exalts drop so far. ( Been very lucky on that i think. )

But now I'm hitting a wall, I think DPS may be low, accuracy, if I'm reading right is low, if I'm reading my stats right!. But trying to find and balance, is harder, not sure on how to get " Better " gear, and what is classed as " better " since Rares can be better than Unique. Leveling to 90 has become dead slow, because I'm not getting the maps i need to drop, and there seems to be so many " Fake sellers " on PoE.Trade that it's getting boring sitting online for an hour just constantly trying to buy a map or two and getting maybe one real seller in an hour.

I really want to get this character and build moving forward, is there any advice , tips you can help with, is my Tree OK ?. I've tried to Follow the Cyclone Build with EO.

Thank you again for the Guide. My go to one, for this League. :)

Your character profile is hidden so I am not able to provide any assessment for it.

I would recommend you to go for RT instead of EO till you have 900 accuracy on your gears (rings, amulet, abyssal jewels).

You can check out my SSF Delve Chieftain for reference. I have cleared Shaper, Vaal Temple, Uber Atziri with it. Uber Elder will be my next target once I have the maps.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry i didn't know i had that set to hidden, i have since changed that. I have since, managed to get a few more " Updates " to the gear, just the maps I'm having issues with, in regards to acquiring them. I will take a look at the SSF Delve Chieftain guide. Thank you.

"
kira1414 wrote:

Just like the previous poster, rare Elder/Shaper amulet will give you more damage. Look into upgrading that.

For DPS, I would recommend you to go pure Cyclone with Shroud. Go for 2R2B1G:

"
Cyclone + Elemental Damage with Attack + Fortify + Concentrated + Elemental Focus

You can also do gem swap to Consecrated Path for mapping:

"
Consecrated Path + Elemental Damage with Attack + Concentrated + Elemental Focus

For both setup above, you can swap Concentrated + Elemental Focus to Combustion + Ignite Proliferation.

The Taming is a very good DPS ring but it lacks life. Le Heup of All is a ring better for leveling. I would recommend you to replace Le Heup with a rare ring that provide high life and resistance.

Aim for 6000 life on your character.

Yeah I've been hesitant to swap out the rings and amulet mostly because the upgrades will need to be pretty GG items and I don't have much luck finding those. I'll cut some time tonight to calculate how much rest I'll need to stock up on and what I can find on Delve.

I know I can squeeze out more damage from pure Cyclone, I've just played it so many times I felt Cremate would mix it up a bit. It's already a pretty not-screen-clear build.

I'll look into ConcPath? Never tried it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info