[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Hi, thank you for the great guide. I have few questions. I presume that at endgame/bosses you are supposed to switch from EO to crit build when playing Cyclone Fire Chieftain. Should Ngamahu be dropped in favor of a better crit based weapon (providing a lot more raw dmg as well)? I see it in the endgame gear setup suggested but how viable is this actually in the current meta? How much DPS you can reach with the endgame gear setup using Ngamahu?

I am currently using the Loreweave to boost the elemental dmg and survival as Bronn seemed inferior in that regard. However as much as I theorycraft my potential dps with better gear I always end up loosing badly vs crit builds.

Thank you in advance.
Pretty nice guide written, clear speed is pretty good as well as survivability. However there is a lack of single target damage, ive managed to scale it up a bit by redesigning passive tree and using clusters, it seems like a waste to spend 10+ points and 6 sockets for a skill with ~130k dps, correct me if im wrong.

Could you also please check my char if any suggestions beside Culling Strike gloves could be made?
Culling totem😏
I think best way to maximise ngamahus flame -
heavy invest ball proc rate + its number + dmg. Pob says - with some investment we can have 0.5-1 kk per ball, 8-10 balls per proc, 3-4 times per sec with 15+ cyclone aps. Cyclone is utility for molten burst , use rage supp, combustion, fortify on it and never pulverise. Ele focus on molten burst.

Does molten burst scale its balls fall range from projectile speed? Is increased aoe good or bad for balls?

P.s. xorph blood amulet bad, becouse proc cover in ash when they hit u, infernal cry + good amulet annoint magmatic strikes - qol
Last edited by nocheatsinlife on Feb 10, 2021, 5:44:39 AM
i'm currently only lvl93 and according to POB, i'm hitting almost 900k DPS with my current tweaks. i've removed the Herald of Ash gem and added it back with this ring for lvl 22 Herald of Ash.

i added lvl 18 Precision(will be at least 20 soon) in place of Herald of Ash gem which added roughly 23k damage alone.

current resistances are 75-75-75-48 but i'm sure with better rolls/gear i will cap them all

i'm guessing once i get to lvl 100 and get the skill tree completed with thread of hope that i should be easily over 1M DPS.

my first try at Sirus, i managed to get him down to 25% while only doing around 600k damage. i'm trying to gain a couple more levels to hit him for the second time. pretty sure he will go down then.

from what i have learned so far, it's not easy to run an additional aura with my current level and gear and have about 2 seconds of no hitting cyclone. have to be quick with starting/stopping attacks LOL

so, 100k short of 1 million DPS and not done with the build... don't think i'm doing too bad with no real money invested in the game other than a few stash tabs

oh, and this is my current axe...

poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Last edited by spaceace7373 on Feb 13, 2021, 4:19:34 PM
Hey man, I start playing poe first time with your build. When bossing, i just replace enduring cry/infernal cry for berserk right ?
"
Hey man, I start playing poe first time with your build. When bossing, i just replace enduring cry/infernal cry for berserk right ?

You dont swap berserker at all, you swap enduring / infernal cry with each other
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
i'm currently only lvl93 and according to POB, i'm hitting almost 900k DPS with my current tweaks. i've removed the Herald of Ash gem and added it back with this ring for lvl 22 Herald of Ash.

i added lvl 18 Precision(will be at least 20 soon) in place of Herald of Ash gem which added roughly 23k damage alone.

current resistances are 75-75-75-48 but i'm sure with better rolls/gear i will cap them all

i'm guessing once i get to lvl 100 and get the skill tree completed with thread of hope that i should be easily over 1M DPS.

my first try at Sirus, i managed to get him down to 25% while only doing around 600k damage. i'm trying to gain a couple more levels to hit him for the second time. pretty sure he will go down then.

from what i have learned so far, it's not easy to run an additional aura with my current level and gear and have about 2 seconds of no hitting cyclone. have to be quick with starting/stopping attacks LOL

so, 100k short of 1 million DPS and not done with the build... don't think i'm doing too bad with no real money invested in the game other than a few stash tabs

oh, and this is my current axe...

I dont actually understand how are you feeling comfortable with such dps, ive managed to raise it up to about 5-6kk and even then i dont feel good about it. Changed a tree and gems by a lot. Now saving currency for better axe...
"
Maccay wrote:
"

You dont swap berserker at all, you swap enduring / infernal cry with each other
Also, the guide uses blood n sand but in the pob, i see flesh n stone. Is it a mistake or flesh n stone is better ?
"
"
Maccay wrote:
"

Also, the guide uses blood n sand but in the pob, i see flesh n stone. Is it a mistake or flesh n stone is better ?

Its mistake most probably, blood and Sand gives you aoe/dmg depending on stance, flesh and stone gives you miss chance on you/ maim on hit, which is almost useless, since you cant maim with fire damage. Use blood and sand
one gem vs another with this build...

what is actually better gem to use with a 6 linked carcass jack for more damage?

Awakened Elemental Focus Support or Rage Support
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info