Trade prices are so dumb. This needs to change!!

"
rangerDangerr wrote:
There's substantially fewer amounts of each item in the xbox version; they're rarer. That's how a free market works. People price however they want. Good thing is, if you farm and find items yourself you get to sell them for high too.

With that said. I honestly don't see any of these 'absurd' prices that people are claiming. Most items seem to be about 2 exalts more expensive, with a few exceptions like headhunters etc. The trade board is awesome, GGG knew what they were doing by making there be no overly specific stat searches like Poe trade has. The trade board has just enough search variables to make it not too frustrating to use, but not too easy to find the best gear either.

Obviously, if you don't like this and want then play on PC :)

this.

op im gonna give you a tip: look for a budget build instead of looking at twitch streams to copy builds that require 20ex+

that way you can drop some of the overpriced items yourself and sell them for the right price

The freedom of birds is an insult to me. I'd have them all in zoos.
"
rangerDangerr wrote:
There's substantially fewer amounts of each item in the xbox version; they're rarer. That's how a free market works. People price however they want. Good thing is, if you farm and find items yourself you get to sell them for high too.

With that said. I honestly don't see any of these 'absurd' prices that people are claiming. Most items seem to be about 2 exalts more expensive, with a few exceptions like headhunters etc. The trade board is awesome, GGG knew what they were doing by making there be no overly specific stat searches like Poe trade has. The trade board has just enough search variables to make it not too frustrating to use, but not too easy to find the best gear either.

Agreed
In agreement with the above: Myself and a friend decided to try out PoE and we enjoyed the game. So, we're hooked, for now. However, he unknowingly picked a build that was built around a difficult-for-a-noob to obtain Unique item. He's also playing a two-hander build, which can be difficult to gear for, too, considering the slot requirements for his weapon/abilities.

I think that new console players are bound to make this same mistake in picking builds that are very difficult to gear for in a League and especially on Console. Prices are already inflated in a League and the Console has fewer players than the current console-economy can easily support. ie: You will, on average, get xx amount of vendor food, xx amount of currency, xx amount of "might sell" items in a game that is, ideally, designed to support xx+ sort of an economy. You will always fall short of your needs until the economy approaches what the game is currently being balanced for on the PC edition.

/shrug

That's just the way it will be on the console version until it gets more popular and the player-base has matured a bit.
"
bimbobaggings wrote:
"
rangerDangerr wrote:

this.

op im gonna give you a tip: look for a budget build instead of looking at twitch streams to copy builds that require 20ex+

that way you can drop some of the overpriced items yourself and sell them for the right price

Can you give me any tips? I love bow builds, but i'd be happy with anything cheap that can melt T14+ maps. I dont have high needs, just something i can farm maps with. I'm currently running a "windripper build" without a windripper...
I dont really know much about the rarity of items, or builds being really budget but effective. Ppl on here claim builds are budget, but i cant make currency effectively yet. And those so called budget builds cost like 10 EX sometimes.
I take any help i can get. Also im planning on staying in standard afrter abyss ends. POE is too slow for my playtime to just start over every 3 months. I want 1-2 badass builds to melt the game with and thats it.
"
JainaPwnmore wrote:
"
bimbobaggings wrote:
"
rangerDangerr wrote:

this.

Can you give me any tips? I love bow builds, but i'd be happy with anything cheap that can melt T14+ maps. I dont have high needs, just something i can farm maps with. I'm currently running a "windripper build" without a windripper...
I dont really know much about the rarity of items, or builds being really budget but effective. Ppl on here claim builds are budget, but i cant make currency effectively yet. And those so called budget builds cost like 10 EX sometimes.
I take any help i can get. Also im planning on staying in standard afrter abyss ends. POE is too slow for my playtime to just start over every 3 months. I want 1-2 badass builds to melt the game with and thats it.

Doomfletch and grab all phys dmg you can. Tornadoshot, remember that the 300% ele damage is hidden but still is there. "not insanely cheap but far cheaper then windripper"

Lion eye and go poison. Tornadoshot or split arrow "suuuper cheap lel"
i cant get my friends to play post tier 10 maps because drop rates are atrocious on top of the market prices never drop and the issues patching dont seem to fix. all damn season everything stayed the same price and dont let a mathil build come on youtube shit triples over night. but since we have less people playing and no bots 95% of players are getting royally fucked via market prices. now i like the auction house better than nothing on pc and being pinged when somebody buys from me but the fact i cant price a tab anymore, the horrible rng even with magic find and the people overpricing shit on the market, lag spikes even while playing on wired, the constant disconnects, being one shot even with 14k evasion 6k health and etc is turning me right off.....

i geared myself just fine but could barely break guardians then seems like post patch exalts just stopped dropping. i would see one every other day just about maybe two i seen one all week. and i play daily all damn day. i pulled 1047 hours playing since January finally got fed up last night when i tried to make another build and realized all the drops i had were shit besides rings and amulets and everything worth a damn i had to find on the market besides a taste of hate
The other big problem people need to realize is the fact you wont make currency playing a few hours here and there.

I think too many people take what a build video has on youtube or what a twitch streamer guidebut fail to understand these are people that play most of the timehard out of the gates and often in groups to maximize their currency earning potential early on in the league when items sell at their highest.

You cant compare pc to xbone let alone yourself to people that have 5 years of experience and play 18 odd hours a day
I would suggest that you get on the "Looking for group" and try to find some people to play with. If you have friends that you can constantly join party with and jump in and out of games with, it'll make it easier on you to ask them for advice or get the occasional "friend" discount or given items in the right circumstance. I know you were talking about the trade system prices, but you can't fix what people ask for items, so you have to find ways around relying on people you don't know or will never talk to for your items.
"
ohsoglorious wrote:
i cant get my friends to play post tier 10 maps because drop rates are atrocious on top of the market prices never drop and the issues patching dont seem to fix. all damn season everything stayed the same price and dont let a mathil build come on youtube shit triples over night. but since we have less people playing and no bots 95% of players are getting royally fucked via market prices. now i like the auction house better than nothing on pc and being pinged when somebody buys from me but the fact i cant price a tab anymore, the horrible rng even with magic find and the people overpricing shit on the market, lag spikes even while playing on wired, the constant disconnects, being one shot even with 14k evasion 6k health and etc is turning me right off.....

i geared myself just fine but could barely break guardians then seems like post patch exalts just stopped dropping. i would see one every other day just about maybe two i seen one all week. and i play daily all damn day. i pulled 1047 hours playing since January finally got fed up last night when i tried to make another build and realized all the drops i had were shit besides rings and amulets and everything worth a damn i had to find on the market besides a taste of hate

You dont know how RNG/random works do you? You might get 5 exalts a day for 60 days and Rhen not a single one the following 60 days and its exactly how it should be. Random is random.
The Xbox community doesn't quite grasp the concept of pricing items. Even at the start of this league there's the random idiot that seems to think low tier rares are going to net them chaos orbs. Even more laughable is the price of decent items that should sell for chaos that their asking exalts for.

Hopefully with the sextant nerf slowing down currency farmers people will get with the program and price a bit more intelligently, but that's probably a stretch. It will likely go on until players just overprice playing on Xbox out of existence, which is sadly the most likely scenario.

With a slew of options to check for pricing it is in quite a sad state. It's likely that there is no hope. Don't hold your breath.

Any yes I do know their is a large portion of items that are worth their asking price, but just because found a tier three rare with 8% tri-element resists with a 30 to max life doesn't make it worth 75 chaos.
Last edited by Poison0929 on Mar 8, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info