Whats the point of changing ascenday but still forcing lab?

How about this? Since some people don't like lab, make a currency that gives you acendencies at a tiered level. Let's say if you want to ascend to the cruel level of any class you buy this "Cruel Orb of Ascendants" that grant you 2 passive ascendancy points if you have already ascended from Normal. The orb can also have specific level requirements in order to use so that you can't just ascend any character to max before a certain level. This gives players who want to do lab more incentive to farm these orbs, enchantments and treasures. For those that do not want to do lab, you still pay a price for it but in the form of currency. Market rates should balance the price of the orbs.
"
spludgevan wrote:
How about this? Since some people don't like lab, make a currency that gives you acendencies at a tiered level. Let's say if you want to ascend to the cruel level of any class you buy this "Cruel Orb of Ascendants" that grant you 2 passive ascendancy points if you have already ascended from Normal. The orb can also have specific level requirements in order to use so that you can't just ascend any character to max before a certain level. This gives players who want to do lab more incentive to farm these orbs, enchantments and treasures. For those that do not want to do lab, you still pay a price for it but in the form of currency. Market rates should balance the price of the orbs.

I forgot to add though I thought it was fairly obvious that you obtain these orbs by defeating Izaro and each tier of orbs drop according to the difficulty of the lab level. This also gives an incentive for players to farm lower level labs. Hey. another plus point!
Challenge does not have to be fun. Challenge should be meaningful and there should be relevant reward for time spent trying to fulfill that challenge.

Also, fun is subjective quality, therefore, it should be removed from any serious discussion about merits of Labyrinth. There will always be people who like or dislike it. That is a reason why "fun" factor should not be relevant in this discussion.

"
Turtledove wrote:
Another falsehood, 979 people have complained about labyrinth on this forum. Over 370 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 970 posters in support

Are you arguing for or against notion that Labyrinth is frequent topic and it interest a lot of people?

Considering your argument that there is 370 threads about this topic and yet there is over 73000 threads in Feedback & Suggestion forum alone, I dare to say Labyrinth is not an issue.
lab has always been worth a visit.
i dont know, why people hate it.
i do it 4 times per league...not more...and its always kind of satisfiying.
people seem just want to hate something...doesnt matter what it is.
While I agree and very much hate the Lab its not going anywhere....

I do wish there was an alternate path to gain ascendancy but again dont see it happening

/sad
I dont see any any key!
"
Baron01 wrote:
Challenge does not have to be fun. Challenge should be meaningful and there should be relevant reward for time spent trying to fulfill that challenge.

Also, fun is subjective quality, therefore, it should be removed from any serious discussion about merits of Labyrinth. There will always be people who like or dislike it. That is a reason why "fun" factor should not be relevant in this discussion.

"
Turtledove wrote:
Another falsehood, 979 people have complained about labyrinth on this forum. Over 370 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 970 posters in support

Are you arguing for or against notion that Labyrinth is frequent topic and it interest a lot of people?

Considering your argument that there is 370 threads about this topic and yet there is over 73000 threads in Feedback & Suggestion forum alone, I dare to say Labyrinth is not an issue.

The list of 370 threads is simply a documentation of threads discussing labyrinth problems. It also demonstrates that it has been a common topic in the feedback and suggestions forum since the release of the loathsome labyrinth. The list of 979 account names simply proves false the silly assertions of some people stating that only a handful of people complain about labyrinth on the forum. For a more complete answer to your question see this post, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702621/page/123#p14126991.

If there was even a shred of substance to your ridiculous assertion about 73000 threads meaning that labyrinth is not an issue, then absolutely NOTHING could ever be an issue in the forums, especially as the forum ages. Perhaps some thought before posting would be a good idea in the future?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
spludgevan wrote:
"
spludgevan wrote:

I forgot to add though I thought it was fairly obvious that you obtain these orbs by defeating Izaro and each tier of orbs drop according to the difficulty of the lab level. This also gives an incentive for players to farm lower level labs. Hey. another plus point!

The only issue is level. If you bought the coin you should still have to do the lab after having all the traps removed and have to fight 2 Izaro at the same time to compensate for the lack of traps after buying the coin.

You would buy the coin fight Izaro's and kill them and be done. I would do that, hell it sounds much more fun.
"
Baron01 wrote:

"
Turtledove wrote:

Most people aren't complaining about bugs. Clearly they should never fix any ever again .
Also I keep suggesting the best way to make the lab harder is have to beat watsen (the ibm computer) in chess instead of the final fight.

This will make it really meaningful.
My first suggestion , no one liked. It was having to submit a picture of getting kicked in the balls and not falling down.

My point is challanging has nothing to do with fun. There are lots of easy shitty tasks and lots of hard shitty tasks.

Hell due to power creep the lab isn't that hard any more but its still shitty. and before you whine L2p I soloed every 75+ thru lab. 4 75's and one 65 thru the first 3.

Its still not fun, just not hard.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Feb 23, 2018, 4:43:19 PM
Lab is the best thing in PoE. I feel sorry about it was weakened on normal and cruel.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Lab is the best thing in PoE. I feel sorry about it was weakened on normal and cruel.

Its a joke either way at those levels they should remove the boredom by deleting them. Also at the levels you can do they they make you really OP.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Feb 23, 2018, 4:41:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info