Whats the point of changing ascenday but still forcing lab?

"
Orbaal wrote:

If opinions or preferences would matter for game development, we wouldnt even have a game to begin with.

This makes no sense at all. I have an opinion that ARPG's are a fun video game genre and I have a preference for playing ARPG's over other genres. How can that not matter? I was never fond of Tomb Raider and Frogger like games. PoE does a super great job at arpg kill-monster-get-loot game play. Tomb Raider and Frogger trap game play is not a preference of mine and labyrinth is a mediocre implementation of that genre.

Orbaal, what the heck do you think this Feedback and Suggestions forum is even for? Let me clue you in, it is a place that GGG created because they want to know the opinions and preferences of their player base when they are deciding how to spend their game development resources!!! Your assertion makes no sense at all.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
deserttfoxx wrote:
Here is a quick bandaid - you walk into lab, the first room, of every tier is argus. you beat argus, he has the ascendancy plaque beside him, you choose it, then you go forward to the rest of treasure if you want.

Killing a boss is fight, running through that trap house isnt, that place is not fun, that entire game mode is counter to why i play an action game and for people who want to farm lab for whatever godforsaken reason, can still do that.

I see these ascendancy changes and i just decide i am not going to see most of it or even try because i refuse to force myself to attempt uberlab more than once per league... not per character, per league.

Thank you for posting your feedback and suggestions on lab. I've added your thread to the thread list and your account name to the account name list. Over 370 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 970 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

Orbaal, what the heck do you think this Feedback and Suggestions forum is even for? Let me clue you in, it is a place that GGG created because they want to know the opinions and preferences of their player base when they are deciding how to spend their game development resources!!! Your assertion makes no sense at all.

Yeah I know its for feedback for sure.

But a "remove it or else" stance is no feedback and thats pretty much the attitude of many vocal lab haters.
Come up with viable suggestions and we can talk.

Before you link now that superlong thread about you like to link in situations like this, please let me clarify what a viable suggestion would look like:

It has to include a comparable downside to what lab is right now and should not eat massive dev-time.
There has to be a massive downside in place. You cant really mean to demand that the ascendancy powercreep should be free for all, do you?
Cause thats very very unlikely to happen.

I dont see how else you could possibly convince devs putting another minute dev-time into lab after they nerfed it so hard.

Just mocking them and telling them how shit or "loathsome" their content is wont be good enough.
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

But a "remove it or else" stance is no feedback and thats pretty much the attitude of many vocal lab haters.

Before you link now that superlong thread about you like to link in situations like this, please let me clarify what a viable suggestion would look like:

It has to include a comparable downside to what lab is right now and should not eat massive dev-time.
There has to be a massive downside in place. You cant really mean to demand that the ascendancy powercreep should be free for all, do you?

I dont see how else you could possibly convince devs putting another minute dev-time into lab after they nerfed it so hard.

Just mocking them and telling them how shit or "loathsome" their content is wont be good enough.

Wrong again, the developers are not real interested in our solutions just our opinions and preferences. They've said on multiple occasions that they are better at coming up with solutions than the players are.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Wrong again, the developers are not real interested in our solutions just our opinions and preferences. They've said on multiple occasions that they are better at coming up with solutions than the players are.

Yup and they came up with with a nerf to 3 labs difficulties and more rewards for everyone.

Which irrelevant to you, because you simply dont like traps and want them gone or a way to bypass them - I know. Which equals either the removal of the entire thing or turning it into a cutified dumbed down version to make sure traps can always be skipped.
Which would also remove the labs purpose of serving as an unique speedbump on the road to a guaranteed and massive player power increase.

Thats what you are asking for in a nutshell.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

This. So much this. Instead of solutions, if anyone wants to see change happen, they should focus on the key WHY question, WHY is this fun, or not fun, for you?

It's OK to start with something like "I think the labyrinth shouldn't be required for ascendency classes", provided the very next part of that sentence is "because <reason>", such as "because I keep dying to the traps, which are too hard to do effectively when I'm running on a high latency connection - the only sort available to me", or "because the whole structure feels artificial and disconnected from the rest of the game", or whatever.

Don't try and speak for others, don't try and bribe or threaten the developers with purchases, don't suggest technical solutions, and don't try and use statistics to back up your point. (Unless you actually have done substantial and effective research, which is close to impossible, because GGG and other developers just don't give you access to the data needed to assess these things.)

Also, especially, don't try and tell the developers how hard or easy something is, or insult them. Those are the surest ways to be immediately ignored, no matter how good the rest of your points are. Strange conspiracy theories about why they did things, or even most speculation about intent, fit into the "insult" category.
labyrinth is so fucking easy =/
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
there are MORE! people that want the Lab to stay than to go so this post seams a little pointless

I find uber-labs hard too but DON'T! what it changed at all as it is somew thing to strive for.

My 2cents
I want to be able to skip act 4, but still get the rewards.
"
Xtorma wrote:
I want to be able to skip act 4, but still get the rewards.

Please take your off topic posts someplace else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info