Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Pathfinders nerf was kinda unfair when every other class was buffed...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Pathfinders nerf was kinda unfair when every other class was buffed...

Pathfinder got a tripled auto-refill rate and considering that filled flasks are the bread and butter of that class it is strong buff, not a nerf. The 2% ele dmg reduction nerf is nothing. In case of capped res it means that in case of 10k dmg one get 2350 dmg now instead of 2300 - zilch.
ANYone think it can be possible to make a chieftain RF or zerker RF??

I saw chieftain leeche fire as life etc... but
Anyone think Chieftain RF or zerker RF could be good ?

chieftain node can give fire leech as life but another make physical damage converted to fire damage its useless for rf right? with unafected by ignite i can't do the rf ?

and zerker with rage make attack damage better its work for rf too ? and 100% of damage leeched as life work for rf or no?

thanks dude for your help !
So hiero Arcane Surge... is it level one? does it scale with character level?
"
jordan02 wrote:

chieftain node can give fire leech as life but another make physical damage converted to fire damage its useless for rf right? with unafected by ignite i can't do the rf ?

and zerker with rage make attack damage better its work for rf too ? and 100% of damage leeched as life work for rf or no?

Both.

RF isn't an ignite, it's a burning degen so you can do it w/ Cheiftain easily by focusing on it's regen.
Leech doesn't work with RF since it doesn't hit so the leech portions of Zerker don't apply, but the rest of Zerker has useful bonuses, although you'll need to offset the extra Rage degen compared to before.

I'd suggest reading more about RF's mechanics or looking at some existing guides to learn about it.
"
Kaboomah wrote:
"
_Amaranth_ wrote:
Bex, would you please clarify whether the new Hinekora, Death's Fury '10% chance to cover rare or unique enemies in ash for 10 seconds when you hit them' can trigger when totems hit?

I PMed you about it and wrote an explanation of why I am asking in the Bestiary league announcement thread, page 50, and copied it into that PM for you.

Asking the important questions

Someone has to.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
"
PhillipJokar2 wrote:
"
jordan02 wrote:

Both.

RF isn't an ignite, it's a burning degen so you can do it w/ Cheiftain easily by focusing on it's regen.
Leech doesn't work with RF since it doesn't hit so the leech portions of Zerker don't apply, but the rest of Zerker has useful bonuses, although you'll need to offset the extra Rage degen compared to before.

I'd suggest reading more about RF's mechanics or looking at some existing guides to learn about it.

thanks bro chieftain looks very good si ! but im not a pro lol
Can we get details on the Hierophant Arcane Surge and how it compares and interacts with the one from the skill gem?

Also with only 4ish days to show the rest of the ascendancies (up to 13 left) like you mentioned doing before the patch notes, you seem to be cutting it rather close.
Last edited by Kylis on Feb 25, 2018, 4:45:15 PM
Good job!

Now I would like to bring attention to the Identity crisis the Witch still suffer from.
(in Hardcore)

Clearly ES defense, coupled with chaos damage belongs to the Occultist.
But if you consider the skill tree , how to make an efficient build, life + armor|energy shield is what naturally fits a chaos caster, as life regen and life nodes are in immediate vicinity of the path to chaos damage and dot nodes.
Other types of damage is barred to the Occultist because of reflect.
Result is that on my Energy drain occultist I still go armor|energy shield and the Energy shield benefit from the Occultist is scaled down.

Now consider the Elementalist. If you do elemental damage, the energy shield nodes are in immediate vicinity of the damage nodes. And with the life leach, it makes sense to take Ghost Reaver and go for Chaos Inoculation, or low life.
But the energy shield bonuses belongs to the Occultist, so you will simply not have enough max HP to be hardcore viable, depending only on energy shield, without instant recovery flasks.

Trying Elementalist CI in Abyss league, it simply is not hardcore viable as is. You find yourself at the short end even 10 levels above at act 10 Kitava.
My Energy drain build, based on life, is however still super tanky, and kicks ass. But it would be nice to be able to play Elementalist for once.

The problem belongs to the Elementalist, and I am not sure how to fix it, but I would trade the damage nodes from the ascendancy for bonuses to energy shield any day.

For Chaos Inoculations, it is a really bad choice in Hardcore because you will never have enough Max HP to survive the bursts or single hits. Choosing CI means you go full energy shield equipment, which means that the Chaos Inoculation node only gives you chaos immunity for the price of physical weakness and a ton less max HP.

Possible fix could be to switch it out current effect with:
Chaos damage does not bypass energy shield and % life from nodes apply to Energy shield instead. This is probably a very humble request for the chaos inoculation, but it would be better than CI as is.
Maybe leave it as is and give it the feature: evasion and armor is turned into ES?
Or make it set max life to 100 so we at least can reserve life instead of mana for the mandatory Dicipline?

As a final comment it seems that the Assassin is the best choice for chaos damage.
Maybe its even possible to build CI around the Tricster.
For elemental damage both Templar and Shadow offer great choices.
Although The witch acendancies got better, but so did all the others. The witch is awkward to build and does not fit in with the rest.

But, at least, that is entirely in line with the lore!
So I will still play my social outcast witch.

GG GGG!

Last edited by Cyborgmuppet on Feb 26, 2018, 1:42:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info