About Nvidia GTX 970 interacting with POE DirectX9 and DX11

Before getting that card i was using DX9 + manipulating "production_config.ini", to lower graphics to where they are easier to load and to make game ruin slightly smoother, and also made it run full screen with low resolution 800x600. I was using DX9 because the .ini manipulation doesnt work on DX11.

After getting the card i really didnt find any improvements. I used DX11 after a while, and while it forces the game to ignore the .ini file and run at top quality graphics, it is now slow as sin on loading times, and the game doesnt really run any faster even after reverting to DX9 (except loading times are back to being fast).

What is even more curious is the fact that running poe with DX9 with the GTX 970 card ACTUALLY makes it start making noises with the fan, as in it actually is trying to do stuff, while using DX11 does nothing to it. Not even the slightest sound is being made.

What is going on exactly?
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2018, 2:56:32 PM
Solid State Drive? But that is just for loading times? or does it fix the occasional hangs the game have, to the point of triggering the dynamic resolution for half a second? Or is that a CPU or RAM problem rather than video or hard drive?
Should the game be played with the SSD as the main windows / boot drive? or i can use my old ass drivers to window and install and execute poe from there?
I think there is something wrong with your system if you feel you need to run on 800x600 + potato with a gtx 970. Are you sure it isn't a geforce 9700? Maybe your cpu is the issue. I got even more confused when looking up the compatibility list for directx 11 from nvidia https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx11/supported-gpus. I was using that gpu (gtx 970) with the directx 9 settings and had good results last year but the 11 beta crashed sometimes.
Last edited by DurianMcgregor on Feb 16, 2018, 11:58:29 PM
"
I think there is something wrong with your system if you feel you need to run on 800x600 + potato with a gtx 970. Are you sure it isn't a geforce 9700? Maybe your cpu is the issue. I got even more confused when looking up the compatibility list for directx 11 from nvidia https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dx11/supported-gpus. I was using that gpu (gtx 970) with the directx 9 settings and had good results last year but the 11 beta crashed sometimes.

Nop. Its a Geforce 970 GTX. And by your link it seems that DX11 doesnt work with DX11? Maybe that is why the card reacts and actually starts the fan when DX9 but not DX11?

PD: I installed Geforce Experience and now it tells me there are 2 Path of Exiles. POE and POE DX11.
Even more weird is the fact that i now tried the POE DX11 version listed on Geforce Experience recently, and not only it doesnt have the same options as it did before (it changed all my potato viable stuff) but it says DIRECTX9 in the graphical options despite G.E saying it launched it as DX11!

Da fuk is going on?
Could you please show us a DxDiag?

There’s a guide in my signature.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
Could you please show us a DxDiag?

There’s a guide in my signature.

Click it and lick at it. :D
Well?
"
Well?

Long story short upgrade ram memory to at least 8gb or more and you are good to go because right now 4 gigs is barely enough to properly play poe in dx11 and if you have anything else opened at same time as te game like ff, steam, chrome, discord that smacks you even further.
Cooperation is a silent form of conflict.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info