[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
I have played multiple builds to 90+ this league and I kinda feel like trying LLRF now.
I am just not quite sure if it's really worth it.

If you just want this build to function you have to invest a fair bit of currency so it's not a cheap build.
It doesn't seem to have particulary fast clear speed considering it really can't run bright beak.
It also doesn't look incredibly exciting to play.
It don't want to knock the build before I try it, but is there a specific thing the build does that makes it worth choosing it over any other build right now? The point "facetank everything" seems to crop up from time to time but is this the only reason?

It's not like the build can do all mods, temp chains sucks and no regen is impossible, also there are a ton of bosskiller builds out there that are cheaper.

Like I said, don't want to judge the build before I try it but I am a little hesitant.

Sounds to me like you already have made up your mind not to play it, so why are you even considering it? You've only brought up negatives, may as well go play some good old sunder or something else then :)

The best way to describe this build:

It's a walking terminator.

You are essentially immune to death with a certain level of gear and proper play. Poison and chaos dmg are the only real issues, and yes while it cant run the less regen map mods there's a certain level of satisfaction running a double beyond 8 mod corrupted map and just regenning through abaxoth dmg :)
Last edited by WalkwithWolves on Mar 27, 2018, 7:11:48 PM
"
I have played multiple builds to 90+ this league and I kinda feel like trying LLRF now.
I am just not quite sure if it's really worth it.

If you just want this build to function you have to invest a fair bit of currency so it's not a cheap build.
It doesn't seem to have particulary fast clear speed considering it really can't run bright beak.
It also doesn't look incredibly exciting to play.
It don't want to knock the build before I try it, but is there a specific thing the build does that makes it worth choosing it over any other build right now? The point "facetank everything" seems to crop up from time to time but is this the only reason?

It's not like the build can do all mods, temp chains sucks and no regen is impossible, also there are a ton of bosskiller builds out there that are cheaper.

Like I said, don't want to judge the build before I try it but I am a little hesitant.

Dear diary...
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Hey guys, just got a silly questions but is spell damage a good damage modifier to have on jewels?

Thanks in advance.
"
SecretArt wrote:
Hey guys, just got a silly questions but is spell damage a good damage modifier to have on jewels?

Thanks in advance.

Not quite. It will scale dmg of your scorching way, but not your RF. Same like for example area dmg is not good cause it will only scale RF and not scorching ray. U want mods that will scale both like burning damage and fire damage
"
Budacek wrote:
"
SecretArt wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Not quite. It will scale dmg of your scorching way, but not your RF. Same like for example area dmg is not good cause it will only scale RF and not scorching ray. U want mods that will scale both like burning damage and fire damage

Got it! Thanks!
Thanks for that guide, it's awesome. I have just 1 question about your uber elder tree. You got melding node, and for 4 points you have 15% life and 25% energy shield. But for same 4 points you can take Written in Blood, for 4 points you will have 20% life,25% energy shield and 10 STR, which is better.Can you explain this?
Last edited by Encora on Mar 28, 2018, 11:21:12 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out for all contributors that helped mainting and supporting this thread.

You guys are great thank you so much!
I'm having trouble keeping shaper alive in red elder fights. Any thoughts on how I can be more successful in doing so?

https://pastebin.com/e93EcNjK
What are your thoughts on getting % fire damage on rings? I'm really torn about getting an essence rolled ring with 20%+ fire damage, or str/int instead, since the fire damage is a sufix.
"
Encora wrote:
Thanks for that guide, it's awesome. I have just 1 question about your uber elder tree. You got melding node, and for 4 points you have 15% life and 25% energy shield. But for same 4 points you can take Written in Blood, for 4 points you will have 20% life,25% energy shield and 10 STR, which is better.Can you explain this?

You're right about that. Written in Blood is just better than Melding. I just switched from regular tree to "uber elder tree" and i didn't notice that. Thanks for the tip.

About that tree i'm wondering :
- isn't that tree better overall than the regular tree, even for mapping? I think it is (More ES, more ES regen, more RF damage, and do we really need all that armor?) but not sure yet, need to play more.
- at the begening of the tree, is it really better to take the 3 "Mana and Life Regen" instead of the 3 "Armor and ES" nodes? (we loose 30%AR and 15%ES for only 1.2% life regen)?
- is it worth to remove Barabism node and loose the +1 to max fire resistance?
Last edited by ikki1349 on Mar 29, 2018, 3:47:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info