[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
La_D wrote:
Hi!
Can anyone explain for me why people get Pain Attunement while they don't use blood magic to get LL?
Thanks!

You get blood magic on Prism Guardian.

Note that Pain Attunement only applies to your scorching ray damage, not to RF.
"
Few things about the switching to LL RF...

@LAGROSSESIMONE you are an absolute legend, this was a very helpful post. Finally got around to respeccing this character after I hit the regen enchant on my Sin Treks - I know it would have been best to get some levels first but I was really just bored with the build I had before and wanted to get into RF. As a result I've got about 7K ES and the damage is pretty average, but I think I'll just run around yellow maps grinding levels until I get to where I need to be for the build to really take off. In the meantime I'm just using lv. 21 Purity of Fire and a bunch of random level gems that I socketed just to make sure the build was working properly. Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

And the pastebin:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/tkWSYW5b

With this gear I'm not having much trouble sustaining RF, bosses take a while to die but aren't much danger. I haven't pushed delve much and will probably wait til around 85. I do have a couple other rings and I'm not sure if I'm using the best ones, though:

Spoiler

Overall though, I think it is viable to start this character around 72. It is definitely slower than other characters though, and if you have unlimited budget it might be best to take a completely different build up to red maps and then respec.
"
Vojo wrote:
@LAGROSSESIMONE can you look at my build and help me improve it? First time playing LL and enjoying this build, i know that this belt is shit, trying to craft better one with dense fossils.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Link to pastebinhttps://pastebin.com/rr4r6HAR

I don't think your tree fit your stuff. You shoul try this one instead : https://pastebin.com/j9QU8LxD
And at lvl 90-92 go for this : https://pastebin.com/W2n89CLq

You have the core items. Somes are good, somes are meh.
The easy upgrade :
- Get well rolled uniques like Doon, Memory Vault, Prism Guardian, etc.
I hardly suggest you to get a perfect Prism Guardian. It cost a bunch of chaos, and when you reach the point you buy Chayula, every dex point you win on it will be dex point you don't have to found on one of your rings. So it make the rest of itemisation easier.
- For rings, look for this kind of architecture regardless the ring base.
When you have good ones with a random base, then try to get an upgrade with the same amount of stat on Opal rings.
- For belt looks for something like this (you can remove str from search to get more results). Keep in mind that you need a T1 %ES recovery rate especialy if you dont have a huge regen.
- Since Incursion and the corruption rework the +1 corruption isn't the best one for Shaper's Touch imo. Try to get this instead
- When you will get the new Shaper's Touch, sell your Enlighten 4 and get a lvl 2 instead.
- Level your Clarity in order to reserve more mana and left only what you need to cast SR and Orb of Storm. This will provide you more ES.

"
Obob912 wrote:
I just got my hands on a +1 gems Shav's. Any opinions on if it would be better to use that, or better to sell it to save up for a clarity/discipline recovery rate watcher's eye? Currently using a clarity/shock immune eye.

There is no answer here. Only choice.
If the Shavronne +1 is a 6L, you will get the most powerfull dps upgrade possible (except +1 & +2 dura corruption from Incursion but GL on getting this). This will be undoubtly better for end game bossing.

If you get a Watcher's Eye with Clarity and Recovery rate with Disci, you will be able to win like 2+k ES without sacrifying your regen. This means, more RF dps, more tankiness, and a whole new building that reach a totaly different level. This might be better in deepest Delve.

So here, there is no real answer. Just choice. Pick the one you prefer.
PS: if the shavronne +1 isn't 6L then it's a totaly different problem.

"
EarfwormJim wrote:
As a result I've got about 7K ES and the damage is pretty average [...]

With this gear I'm not having much trouble sustaining RF, bosses take a while to die but aren't much danger.

Dude, you are lvl 75. 7k ES at lvl 75 is realy good. And keep going and be patient, your stats will skyrocket each level from level 85.

The most important things at your level is to sustain RF and have enought survivability. From what your PoB show me, you have a realy confortable net life regen, a realy good amount of ES, and excellent resist. Leveling with lvl 19+ gems (and PoF21) should be realy safe. Rest is only getting 20/20 gems in your dps setups.

You will see, leveling this character make it tankier with each lvl, and so, it makes it more pleasant to play.

Just keep going, you do it right !

PS : for leveling, yeah, going as RF is not the fastest and easiest way to go. Poet's Pen build are imo the best way to power level it (and if you are a bratty kid, you can ask for a power leveling in delve and make the leveling even faster).
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Oct 9, 2018, 3:18:17 PM
I killed Uber Elder! My first solo kill ever, and it was very nearly deathless too (after many, many ripped sets practicing,) When I zoned in with my second portal, Shaper was already dead lol. I think he got DoT'd down some and Cull'd by my Orb of Storms.

13,338 ES

983 Net Life Regen before situational bonuses
1,304 Net Life Regen if hit recently

500k combined Shaper DPS

This, combined with hitting level 94 and Depth 300 a couple of nights ago, has been a really successful and fun build. I still have plenty of gas in the tank to keep diving deeper, too. Thank you for all of your help over the last month, LAGROSSESIMONE; I really think you ought to open your own updated thread for this build.
Last edited by Riusaldregan on Oct 9, 2018, 6:55:50 PM
Hi dude, thanks for awesome build
But, few questions here
i cant get, where i should take 2.5k ES?
yes i have 70 int less but..
if you have few mins to check what's wrond, thanks!

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/fpMXSYF2
"
"
Kagan290 wrote:
Build to hard kill u.elder,jewel hard to obtain,very hard obtained 17k ES,i respek to Indigo poet`s pen and kill u.elder easy and fast. this build only for tankly mine 300-500+.

By looking at your Hierophant, we can say you have a ~40-50ex budget build.
I'm realy curious about the stuff you had in RF to had such a hard time against Uber Elder. Personnaly last league I did Uber Elder few times with a 20-25ex budget stuff. It was not an easy fight, but it's totaly doable. It's more or less a matter of gameplay.

The problem is that your message compare what is uncomparable.
Yeah Hierophant Indigon Poet's Pen builds are extremly good builds. I builded one, and I loved it a lot.
Yeah, they do an excellent job against Uber Elder (personnaly I had a harder time with my Poet's Pen build than with my RF but I do not take my personnal experience as a representative of reality).

But you forgot few things :
- Your Hierophant Poet's Pen Indigon build are extremly expensives. The entry ticket is a ~20ex mini, while this RF build is fully playable with a budget of 100c. You can do T16 maps even with less than 300c budget.
- There is almost no content that this build can't do. It will almost never be as effective as dedicated build (except for non speed run Uber Lab), but almost every content is doable.
For your build, you can't do Atziri, Uber Atziri, Uber Lab on the day with Lieutnants, etc. because of the reflect and the auto target of VD.

And some of your affirmations are a bit questionnable :
- Reaching 17k ES is not very hard to achieve. You can reach 20k ES with less than 20ex of stuff. If you have some doubt about it, just take a look about the stuff of the guys in this laderboard. But to reach 17+k ES this imply some choice, and so some sacrifices if you want to stay in a reasonnable budget.
What is very hard with this build is to reach over 17k ES with a high regen and some high dps. Because this imply having an extremly expensive Watcher's Eye.
- The jewels for this build are not much harder to obtain than the ones of your Hierophant Poet's Pen build. For this build the rare jewels can be found from 10 to 40c. The hardest jewel to obtain is the Watcher's Eye with Clarity buff. But it's the same for your build. So it's quite funny to see you say this about the jewels.

For the depth in deleve, this leaderboard and this one shows us that there is not so great difference between RF guardian build and Poet's Pen Hierophant builds.

100c ? ahahaha crazy rofl
20ex = 17k ES , yea sure but you have low dps and kill uber elder 1 hour.
5 Эмблем Сервис - 4 Divine Orb/Capped Loot!!!
"
Riusaldregan wrote:
I killed Uber Elder!

Glad to read that my advice helped you. Congratz for your U.Elder kill.

"
egikpwn3 wrote:
Hi dude, thanks for awesome build
But, few questions here
i cant get, where i should take 2.5k ES?
yes i have 70 int less but..
if you have few mins to check what's wrond, thanks!

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/fpMXSYF2

If you are asking how zzang get 2.5k extra ES over you, the answer is simple : You are comparing an extra minmaxed build to a medium to high rank build. But to be a bit more accurate :
- Legacy +1 Shavronne vs non legacy (55 ES differences) ;
- MinMaxed rings vs "meh" rings (-24str / -103intel / -95mana / +16ES)
- Abyssal jewel missing (yeah std shit) ;
- Extremly minmaxed jewels vs "meh" jewels (you miss multiple 8%inc ES affixes).

In the overall, you end up with a lake of :
- 30str
- 115intel
- 1087mana
And all those stats are converted in ES at the end. It's just an addition of littles stats differences that end in a consequent gap.
After wasting 5-6 shaper sets of getting used to uber elder fight, finally killed him. I keep getting frozen sometimes by any cold attack, in maps its no problem, but it is in when the anti-freeze flask is empty in a boss fight. Is there any way to help this?(first time built ll rf)
"
YoungMurderer wrote:
After wasting 5-6 shaper sets of getting used to uber elder fight, finally killed him. I keep getting frozen sometimes by any cold attack, in maps its no problem, but it is in when the anti-freeze flask is empty in a boss fight. Is there any way to help this?(first time built ll rf)

Firstly, congratulation on your kill.

Secondly, to help you a quick reminder might be usefull for everyone.
Uber Elder fight consist in fighting the Elder and the Shaper at the same time.
Except Shaper's beam, those two boss only do physical and cold dmg. Otherwise, you don't have to worry about bleeding, curse, or poison. Shock can only proc on the Shaper's beam, it should not be too annoying.

So, this means you can switch all your anti-curse, anti-shock, anti-burn, anti-poison and anti-bleed flasks. And you basicaly can only focus on geting anti-freeze on your whole flask setup.

Thirdly, if you want to be a bit more confortable with flask management and don't face an "out of flask charge" situation that can lead you to an avoidable rip, you can try to get some source of anti-freeze. You can look for a Watcher's Eye with the Clarity buff and with the affixe "Immune to Freeze while affected by Purity of Ice" in complement.
If you are lucky enought to have a watcher's eye with the Clarity buff and an affixe that buff your ES regen, then you may skip this point.
Or you can switch one of your ring for a Dream's Fragment. But I don't think it's a relevant solution, a good flask management should be enought.
Can someone look at my character and tell me how to improve my ES regen?
The regen now is ok but I think it will not enough when do the uber elder. I can buy a mana as extra ES jew but I think I should consider the survibility first.
And any suggestion gear upgrade to kill uber elder?
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info