[3.2] Abyss Shripper feat. Chin Sol - Raider TS Barrage / 6k+ Life 3.8M Shaper DPS / Uber Elder Down

"
Pwnkkake wrote:
"
iNevermore wrote:
"
Pwnkkake wrote:
First, thanks for the effort on the guide!

I'm currently lvl 83 with that equips:

What can i improve to reach OP's life and damage? I'm struggling with around 500k barrage DPS and 4k HP now (i'll have a 5~10 ex when i sell some stuff from other builds to invest)

Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/y3LEc9qs

Hey, I looked at your pob. You added 119 points at 83, just to compare? Anyway, one mistake in the tree: take the bottom path to Revenge of the Hunted, save 1 dex node.

Your pob has you at 864k barrage/4707 life with the majority of your jewels being <one ele damage>/<life>/<utility or phys damage(aka no damage)>, this is what you need to fix. I don't know who's pob you copied over, but there are many great jewels (Unused) in the item tab. Put those on and you will see :D (spoiler, I put those on your char, and dying sun, and you're at 3.1m shaper dps with 5340 life @90).

Start with getting at least <damage>/<damage>/<life> jewels and two socket tombfist. Dying sun + crit multi anger watcher's eye are insane damage value for their cost. After that you can try to perfect jewellery and get a nice +1 quiver.

Oops, i was testing that POB with nodes that i'll take in future, i've forgot to undo that changes.

Very thanks for the tips! I've started to play on that league and maybe i dont know exactly how to use POB, but i've made a couple changes with nice Jewels, like you said now and i have only 1.4kk Barrage DPS. I think the problem is me anyway lol, i'll try to that jewels in game and see if a get that life and dps that you said.

That is my fixed currently POB: https://pastebin.com/90mxeUXa

Thanks for reply INvermore. I agree.

Upgrades all rares into those with at least t2 life(except add arrow quiver), and 3 mods(t2 or higher life plus 2 t2 or higher damage) jewels. This will boost you to 5.8-6k life plus good enough damage.

"
Helchen wrote:
First of all thanks for the guide! :D

Do i actually need to have 6l Chin Sol for Swap or is 5l okay? and what can i improve on my gears?

Thanks in advance

Thanks!
Chin sol provides extra damage in boss fight such as Shaper, Elder, or their guardians. So if you focus bossing, you can try 5L chin Sol, and check if it worths. If you mainly focus in mapping, you don't need to bother Chin Sol swap, I recommend you upgrade your Windripper 6L.

For gear upgrades, you miss 'elemental damage with attack' in rings and amulets. Plus one more +accuracy in rings, amulet, or jewels can be helpful.

"
A7X89 wrote:
I wrote similar stuff in the Pathfinder Wander section:

What about using Champion for this build. Here is the Path of Building based on your Lvl 98 char:
https://pastebin.com/AFTnXX7z (Champion) based on the gear below
https://pastebin.com/NZnSBBpp (Raider) from your start post.

In terms of DPS almost no difference. Raider needs to charge frenzy up to reach the dps. The DPS of champion is always there, needs no ramp up. Better for bosses.

The survivability due to the fortify and conqueror is much better (26% reduced damage taken!!!) -> Higher eHP

Movementspeed is slower, but still very fast (134%). Seems like raider is better for mapping and champion is better for bosses in my opionion.

With champion no accuracy is needed on gear, which make gearing easier/cheaper.

What do you think?

I'd say same as what I said in deadeye. Warding flask is really huge boost for your QOL.

"
3portas wrote:
I'm still trying to get a lightpoacher +2 tornado shot, but seems a far away dream by now.
~60 exalts. How did you guys get yours?

I bought it early league 15ex or so. It seems cheap but it was 60% of my all currency plus gears atm. Because of inflation, few of my friend went eternal lab running, and got TS enchant.

"
Darthflo wrote:
Hi there !
First, thanks a lot for the build, I wanted to run an "expensive" archer for a long time and i've had a lot of fun so far since i've started this character.
Shaper down before I reach 90 is a first for me ^^
I still want to push this character, so can anyone help me with what my next gear upgrade should be ? I still have about 10 exalts left in stash.

Nice to hear you like it :)

I've looked at your raider character in Bestiary.
First, try the flask setup suggested. You don't need of the heat flask. You also need to spend few divine on your Dying Sun, you want reduced charge or no charge modified to use it 2 times in a row.

Next will be your jewel upgrades. Getting t2 or higher life plus 2 damages will boost you up to 6k life pool. The chance of you getting one-shotted will be reduced.

"
RedStark wrote:
This ok? or i really need that 40% conversion

Conversion only matters when you use Chin Sol for boss fight, particuarly when you have high roll one. It is the last of the last upgrades in terms of cost-effectiveness. High life% and high anger critical multiplier % is important.

"
Ass4rad wrote:
If I dont like playing with Mirage Archer, what would be a great replacement for that support gem?

Added cold damage gem is good replacement imo.

"
Saeyn wrote:
For what it's worth, I killed uber elder last night with something similar to this (deadeye though as I love the chain). My gear is by no means great - barrage damage is a paltry 1.2m

pob if you're interested - https://pastebin.com/EHcjwpEY

Grats on uber elder kill :)

"
RedStark wrote:
killed uber elder with 3 rips

I even forgot to remove hh :\

Congratulation!
You will be better at the uber elder fight as you kill them more :)

"
khalasks wrote:
Is there a leveling skill tree ?

Look at Passive tree and leveling section of original post.

"
3portas wrote:
Very nice build. Still trying to get +2 TS enchant to fulfill my goal and level 95.

I think I'll go back to Mirage Archer as I'm dealing much more dmg right now.
Edit1: I've tested all 3 ascendancies. From my opinion, pathfinder is the more consistent overall. It can be slower than the other 2, but it is way more consistent damage and MS for mapping. Used deadeye until 86-87, then raider until 92, and pathfinder for the rest (95 is the goal).

I think mirage archer support is op. That is why bow build top tier in mapping when you get to end-game high dps.

"
newfak322 wrote:
Hi!Start to doing this build.Can someone check my profile and give me some advices?(have about 10ex)now i want to replace my jewels without life.

PoB : https://pastebin.com/B5a1hAPR

Hello.
I agree, you should upgrade jewel without life into with t2 or higher life.

First thing you miss - throw few divine into your Dying sun until it has no charge modifier or reduced charge. It will allow you to use it twice in a row.

Second thing you miss is that try craft or buy % chance to blind on hit. This really helps against bosses using attack skill such as Minotaur.

Third, I found that your chance to hit is bit low. Try to get at least 1(or 2 can be better) jewel with t1 +accuracy mods (for example t2 life plus t1 accuracy and damage mod). It will boost your dps.

"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Gulfripper wrote:

The drill neck is from me doing having trouble deciding between this and the doomfletch build, its just what I had to use to test the build. gems are low because, well I bought them for this build. I do not have any of the other stuff because I was 10+ ex in not including quiver and barely killing anything. A small breath of air was enough to make me die. Yea maybe going from jugg was hard, but stutter stepping everywhere and not being able to kill reds on t4 was a barrier for me.

With low-level gems, missing ascendancies, etc., this build is indeed fragile; however, as gear, levels, ascendancies, etc. improve, the build gets better and better. As can be seen in the videos, with a finished build, it's extremely powerful with awesome clear speed.

You need to invest (gem levels, character levels, ascendancies) into the build. Just buying some of the gear (as you've found out) isn't enough.

What I did is farm really low level maps at first. Clear speed is so good that you'll be gaining levels in no time. Wait for gems and your health pool to improve before moving on to higher level maps.

Once gear is intermediate or so, clear speed is awesome and trash mobs offer little challenge. However, bosses might still cause trouble. What I did (am still doing) is use this build to clear maps (with my current gear I'll tackle up to T13) up to the boss, and use a separate boss killer toon for bosses. This way I can still level and improve gem levels with little fear of dying; and, it's much faster than simply using my slow boss killer for clearing (Righteous Fire juggernaught).

I've saved up quite a bit of currency and am now about to invest in some better gear which will allow me to tackle bosses with confidence.

TL/DR - don't expect to immediately run high level maps with this build. Improve your character bit by bit, tackling content that's easy for the build. After awhile, your toon will improve to the point where it can confidently tackle all but the toughest bosses without fear of dying and will rapidly clear maps - this is main benefit of the build (clear speed and DPS are extremely good). And with practice, even Uber Elder is doable with this build.

As league(Bestiary) getting old, the price of good rares goes high as inflation happens. So I could start up with 14ish ex in early league but you need more currency to kicks in the point that hankinsohl mentioned.

In my opinion, this build's strongness is higher life pool with obtainable gears. There are many builds in 3.2. that have great clear speed, and great damages. But check out the life of optimized gear, most are 5.5k or bit higher even with all t1 life jewels and rares, while this build can hit 6.3-6.5k with t1-t2 rares, without sacrificing dps and clearspeed. That 1k life difference gives smooth play in mapping and boss. As you see my uber elder kill, I sometimes hit really low hp because of my lack of skill, but I still survive and move on because of high life pool.

TL/DR - This build has higher life pool if geared with T1-2 rares, wihtout sacrificing dps.

"
hankinsohl wrote:
I finally saved enough to purchase a Farrul's Fur for this build:

It's a huge DPS boost.

Tooltip hideout TS w/ Ice Golem, HoI and Anger up went from 34K to 65K, and Barrage went from 36K to 74K.

The rest of my gear isn't great and my tree is currently set up for clearing maps not bossing - so the DPS numbers quoted above would be even higher with better gear/tree.

As a Deadeye, FF boosts DPS a lot more than it would for Raider, since Raider already has permanent Frenzy charges.

It can be annoying hearing your charges drop every 8 seconds or so - to avoid this I took an extra power charge duration node (total of 2); I now have 6 frenzy and 4 power charges up at all times.

Nice alternatives :) Thanks for sharing.
Updated uber elder kill, T16 mapping example.

Added line in gear section - t1-t2 life is important.

Finishing league, see you guys in future league :)
"
kaleav wrote:

I think mirage archer support is op. That is why bow build top tier in mapping when you get to end-game high dps.

Yes, using mirage archer again now.
I've done 100+ uber labs in the last three days, probably gonna get that enchant soon.
Does anyone know how to fit this bow into the build? I think it could add some interesting potential with some changes.

Can i begin the build with item with one abyssal socket ?
Hey guys, little late to the party, but finally killed uber elder. went Deadeye, since i played Raider in abyss. tryed uber at 94 with shroud and windripper and switched to farruls fur and chin sol, killed him at 97. got inspired by this thread.
gear:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/dEN0eHrC

crappy vid with lots of deaths: https://youtu.be/gdcsqcLrgcI
"
diggeDinga wrote:
Hey guys, little late to the party, but finally killed uber elder. went Deadeye, since i played Raider in abyss. tryed uber at 94 with shroud and windripper and switched to farruls fur and chin sol, killed him at 97. got inspired by this thread.
gear:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/dEN0eHrC

crappy vid with lots of deaths: https://youtu.be/gdcsqcLrgcI

Grats on the kill.
Just a heads up for those trying to complete the "Defeat the Pale Council without allowing the Volatile Tome to cast Spark" challenge:

It's very easy with this build. I simply stood in the middle of the arena and used Tornado Shot + Mirage Archer. Lots of off-screen killing and the Mirage Archer no doubt helped kill the tome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info