[3.2] The Fortifier Aurabot - 14 auras, 3 V. Auras, Spider & Fortify // Optional setup w/ 2 Curses

"
Feurn wrote:
Man i love this build. I have so many friends now in Friend list lmao.

Here's my gear :

Spoiler

I still need to get all my auras 21/20 and +2 vaal on boots, working on it.

I did a little change in the tree. I'm lvl 95 and i took the cluster Alchemist for the flask effect and duration. I think its a little quality of life, imo. Plus, the effect makes your quicksilver flask really faster. Still have 8k ES.

I was thinking maybe a belt shaped with Mvts speed while flask is active or chance to not consume charges. I only die when i forget the active the anti-chaos flask lol.

Thumbs up!

Really good setup, well done!
Yeah those flask effect nodes are really strong, I thought about them quite often, but I'm not sure yet if I actually wanna take them or not.
For belts there are many really good options; as you said, movement speed while flasked is a really nice mod, but you can also get ES recovery rate and % increased max ES, which are all shaped affixes. With some currency and luck you can definitely get some crazy belt for this build.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
hey. thank you for ur guide. its help me a lot. but i still have a question.
What's abotu Party lvling at HC(looking for a new league) - is it Viable?
and main question WHICH items prefered to buy for first currency?
and what's main note to party lvling?

BTW: why we cannot use Chaos Inoculation except of flask for more save?
"
hey. thank you for ur guide. its help me a lot. but i still have a question.
What's abotu Party lvling at HC(looking for a new league) - is it Viable?
and main question WHICH items prefered to buy for first currency?
and what's main note to party lvling?

BTW: why we cannot use Chaos Inoculation except of flask for more save?

This specific build doesn't really work well in Hardcore, since if you just forget once to keep up your Conruscating Elixir you are gonna die; as long as you're in Softcore this isn't a big deal, but in Hardcore.. you know.
Therefore in an Hardcore environment you are pretty much forced to use a Shavronne's Wrapping instead, you won't be able to provide all those auras though, so you have to sacrifice something and change the setup a bit.

If you level with a party, for the first few levels you will be pretty much useless and won't provide anything at all. The reason is pretty simple, there are no auras at early levels. When you finally have access to some auras (level 24, in Act2) you won't have all the uniques and the aura-related passives required to make the build work; you will be able to run maybe 2-3 auras at most (which is 100% useless since your party members can run those auras by themselves).
Essentially you are gonna just follow the party and leech exp; you will become useful later, when you have all your passives set up and you can equip the uniques you need (Alpha's Owl, Prism Guardian, etc).

If you use CI it forces your max life to 1, which means you cannot reserve any life (this means you can't even use Prism Guardian). Therefore you can just use your mana pool to activate auras. I haven't really tested it, but you can probably use 4-6 auras if you have just your mana pool to reserve.
So yeah.. CI is not a viable option for an aurabot, you need your life pool to be reservable.
Last edited by lallalaus on Apr 18, 2018, 12:02:23 PM
thank u for ur answer.
What's about lvling at HC(new league/Race) Which items i need first?
"
thank u for ur answer.
What's about lvling at HC(new league/Race) Which items i need first?

Try to get Prism Guardian, Alpha's Howl, Eye of Chayula, Steppen Eard and a Shavronne's Wrapping (since you are gonna use it in HC, instead of the Victario's Influence). Those should be your priorities in my opinion. The only expensive item is the Shavronne's to start with.
Then you start looking towards a presence of chayula, an Alpha's Owl with the enchant, +1 Prism Guardian and so on.
Last edited by lallalaus on Apr 18, 2018, 6:45:16 PM
for what i need Eye of Chayula ?
So till i get shavronne i must to use Influence right?
"
for what i need Eye of Chayula ?
So till i get shavronne i must to use Influence right?

You need Eye of Chayula for the stun immunity, which is pretty mandatory as an ES-based character. Until you get the Shavronne's you can use a Victario's, just do not reserve too much life (and therefore you should not BM until you have a Shav), otherwise you are gonna die pretty soon.
Last edited by lallalaus on Apr 19, 2018, 12:55:47 PM
looks like a pretty solid build :) it's nice to see other aurabot's doing different things and writing guides, this is a good build for a fair speed carry, but if you're doing ridiculous speeds this will struggle without a movement skill, without too much investment it's not too difficult to hit over 200% movement speed or even 300% with rampage. there are a few things with this i cant say i fully agree with, like the use of purity of elements, there are far more useful things you can take than this and it provides no benefit to the party besides attack speed(minimal) and for a huge cost, res can be picked up elsewhere.

Envy is not that useful either as not many builds scale it and there are better options to take in your weapon slot, such as dreadbeak (means no silver flask is required) or corona solaris (no stibnite needed) which allows more consistent buffs/debuffs than using flasks for them, this also allow syou to free flask slots for sapphire and topaz flasks, allowing you to remove purity of elements (you're a flask based build anyway, no flasks = dead). this free's up a lot of reserve to be able to drop enlighten's out of the build and also to run aura curses which boost survivability and party damage significantly depending on your curses (TC, enfeeble, Ele weak as eg)

as a movement option, scion gets super easy access to phase run since they take frenzy charges from the carry, you dont want to be slower than the carry because you need to be able to catch up asap after you've stopped to loot something, ideally you want to be faster than the carry so you are limited by his speed and not your own, and to be able to catch up immediately even if they are running away from you.this might be fine for most carries but you might get the odd one that it doesn't work for, but its better to build for flexibility rather than not be able to adjust.

Overall if you're planning to strike a balance between offense and defense, curses help a lot and arnt that difficult to fit in, it's possible to run 11 auras, 2 curse auras, and spider aspect which does a lot more for the party than using purity of elements, envy, and to some degree, determination, as generally most people will be res capped without you, not scale chaos damage, and dont need the extra armor.
"
Alloxya wrote:
Spoiler
looks like a pretty solid build :) it's nice to see other aurabot's doing different things and writing guides, this is a good build for a fair speed carry, but if you're doing ridiculous speeds this will struggle without a movement skill, without too much investment it's not too difficult to hit over 200% movement speed or even 300% with rampage. there are a few things with this i cant say i fully agree with, like the use of purity of elements, there are far more useful things you can take than this and it provides no benefit to the party besides attack speed(minimal) and for a huge cost, res can be picked up elsewhere.

Envy is not that useful either as not many builds scale it and there are better options to take in your weapon slot, such as dreadbeak (means no silver flask is required) or corona solaris (no stibnite needed) which allows more consistent buffs/debuffs than using flasks for them, this also allow syou to free flask slots for sapphire and topaz flasks, allowing you to remove purity of elements (you're a flask based build anyway, no flasks = dead). this free's up a lot of reserve to be able to drop enlighten's out of the build and also to run aura curses which boost survivability and party damage significantly depending on your curses (TC, enfeeble, Ele weak as eg)

as a movement option, scion gets super easy access to phase run since they take frenzy charges from the carry, you dont want to be slower than the carry because you need to be able to catch up asap after you've stopped to loot something, ideally you want to be faster than the carry so you are limited by his speed and not your own, and to be able to catch up immediately even if they are running away from you.this might be fine for most carries but you might get the odd one that it doesn't work for, but its better to build for flexibility rather than not be able to adjust.

Overall if you're planning to strike a balance between offense and defense, curses help a lot and arnt that difficult to fit in, it's possible to run 11 auras, 2 curse auras, and spider aspect which does a lot more for the party than using purity of elements, envy, and to some degree, determination, as generally most people will be res capped without you, not scale chaos damage, and dont need the extra armor.

Heyo, thanks for the deteailed post.
I partly agree with your ideas, I'm aware that Purity of elements is not that great for most characters and could be replaced with something else. On the other side, many carries with full MF gear (double Pariah) have very low amount of resistances if they do not have really good jewels, being able to cap them even in elemental weakness maps is still pretty good in my opinion (I see very often characters without curse-removal flasks).
I've played a bit with curses, every time I try to invest into them I feel like I'm wasting my time. I know they are a bit underrated and still strong, even against bosses, I know that having a Temporal Chains or something else is probably better than a Determination or a Purity of Elements for most istances; the main problem is that auras directly affects players, no matter what the monsters and the players are doing (and auras cover more than a screen, so you don't really have to stand next to the carry), while curses are 100% reliant on monsters. With this I mean that you have to stand really close to monsters to be able to debuff them (without investing too many points into curses, the AOE of a generic Blasphemy is about half a screen); with the currenct meta and the current carries (99% of those are KB wanders or TS windrippers) mobs do not really have any chance to even get that close to the players (except some red beasts or very tanky encounters).
Overall I think it's very debatable which options is stronger, since it mostly depends on the context.

The damage that Envy provides is very good anyway, even if not many build scale it actively. Is it really needed? No, but any good carry doesn't actually need any of the offensive auras you provide, they should have enough damage by themselves. This doesn't change the fact that as far as I'm concerned it's very noticeable and appreciated from the carry point of view.

About mobility, I've been playing with Phase Run a bit when I got the -Mana cost Watcher's Eye, but I had just no more room to fit it in the final setup. I'm sure it's a great option if you use a different setup and free up some sockets. I though about sacrificing Vaal Discipline, so it can benefit from Increased Duration (as long as the base cost is less than 12, you can have it for free with the Watcher's and an Elreon ring).
Anyway, as I said in other istances, you never really fell behind while clearing maps (except for very linear layout, like strand, where shield charge users are just way too fast). You fell behind only when out of flask charges or when the carry is backtracking, 'cause he doesn't have to stop, since there are no more monsters that the has to attack.
Last edited by lallalaus on Apr 19, 2018, 3:35:22 PM
"
lallalaus wrote:
"
Alloxya wrote:
Spoiler

Heyo, thanks for the deteailed post.
I partly agree with your ideas, I'm aware that Purity of elements is not that great for most characters and could be replaced with something else. On the other side, many carries with full MF gear (double Pariah) have very low amount of resistances if they do not have really good jewels, being able to cap them even in elemental weakness maps is still pretty good in my opinion (I see very often characters without curse-removal flasks).
I've played a bit with curses, every time I try to invest into them I feel like I'm wasting my time. I know they are a bit underrated and still strong, even against bosses, I know that having a Temporal Chains or something else is probably better than a Determination or a Purity of Elements for most istances; the main problem is that auras directly affects players, no matter what the monsters and the players are doing (and auras cover more than a screen, so you don't really have to stand next to the carry), while curses are 100% reliant on monsters. With this I mean that you have to stand really close to monsters to be able to debuff them (without investing too many points into curses, the AOE of a generic Blasphemy is about half a screen); with the currenct meta and the current carries (99% of those are KB wanders or TS windrippers) mobs do not really have any chance to even get that close to the players (except some red beasts or very tanky encounters).
Overall I think it's very debatable which options is stronger, since it mostly depends on the context.

The damage that Envy provides is very good anyway, even if not many build scale it actively. Is it really needed? No, but any good carry doesn't actually need any of the offensive auras you provide, they should have enough damage by themselves. This doesn't change the fact that as far as I'm concerned it's very noticeable and appreciated from the carry point of view.

About mobility, I've been playing with Phase Run a bit when I got the -Mana cost Watcher's Eye, but I had just no more room to fit it in the final setup. I'm sure it's a great option if you use a different setup and free up some sockets. I though about sacrificing Vaal Discipline, so it can benefit from Increased Duration (as long as the base cost is less than 12, you can have it for free with the Watcher's and an Elreon ring).
Anyway, as I said in other istances, you never really fell behind while clearing maps (except for very linear layout, like strand, where shield charge users are just way too fast). You fell behind only when out of flask charges or when the carry is backtracking, 'cause he doesn't have to stop, since there are no more monsters that the has to attack.

the reason for running curses, particularly Tc and enfeeble, and to lower the threat of rare monsters from abysses, bestiary things, and other general nasties such as beyond bosses and breachlords. the arguements you make for not running curses can be applied to aspect of the spider, which is essentially a curse, if you arnt running curses for the stated reasons, then you dont need to be running spider. the curses also allow you to outrun your carry, debuff the map, and remain safe yourself, depending on the map, they also keep you safe if you're doing some kind of split tactic (vault levers). the idea behind not taking things that many people dont make use of is you want to be useful and providing as much scaling as possible in as many situations as possible, which is why i dont agree with the use of determination and PoE (though yes i agree if your main carry is a pariah mf'r then you need this, but most players following your guide likely wont be). and blasphemy range is quite large, it should be about 3/4 of the screen at least.

Envy itself isn't terrible, it's just there are far more useful options for a weapon and your aura reserve, a little bit more damage is less valuable than freeing up a flask slot for example, this is also the reason many builds just dont run hatred, it's just not as valuable as other options and only applies to a certain number of builds.

you might not fall behind with the carries that you play with but the fact is if you play with a 300% move speed TS character that is using mirage archer, you will fall behind with only 150%, 150 is fine for most cases but as you say there is already a case you have encountered yourself that makes you fall behind, this is dangerous especially if your carry needs you for res and runs into a monster they missed on the first pass, or backtracks for a box.

fitting all these additional auras is fine, but losing out on gem slots for what is essentially 3% attack speed(see determination) it's not that practical, with just dropping one aura you free up the need to drop enlightens into the build due to reservation, and can run a lot more quality of life things like a movement skill or even a portal gem (which you can link to phase run + enhance since they both benefit from quality).

if you're talking about making the most min/maxed aurabot like in your description, then 150% movement speed is far from min/max and if you run with min/maxed 300% carries it just isnt going to be up to speed. the build is a very solid one and as i said i do like the build in general but its defiantly more on the casual side, which is not an insult of any kind, even if it sounds like one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info