Joe's Stream.

June 28, 2018.

Lots of background noise this stream, since I had to have my air conditioner on, as it was 90° in my apartment. :[

All ranger again today, just running various maps and whatnot. I was also considering switching over from raider to pathfinder, until I realized I'd need at least 30 refund points (I'd rather just get the points than have to start another pathfinder character all the way back in Act 1. No thanks.). That put the kibosh on that idea lol.

Aside from that, just a pretty mellow session today. And as far as the records I played today they were:

Frank Zappa - Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Frankie Yankovic (no relation to Weird Al Yankovic) and His Yanks - Polka Time!

Okay, have to start getting ready for work. Thanks for watching/reading, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records and running maps before I have to work [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Jun 29, 2018, 9:47:08 PM
June 30, 2018.

All ranger again, just running some low-tier maps (stuff dies a lot faster, before one-shotting me), including a new one: Leyline, which I completed (not a very difficult boss. It's the one you fight in the same area where you have to kill Voll).

And I also managed to do a couple of Laby trials as well, building up blessings (I don't plan on running the Eternal Laby until I get a good supply of these, to allow for the numerous failures I'll most likely be going through.)

But overall, a good session today. And with that, here's the records I played this time around:

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Vangelis - Spiral
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats (most of it)

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Thanks for reading/watching, I appreciate it. And have yourselves a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls and map running until I have to work [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
July 1, 2018.

This morning off-stream I ran a map and a Laby trial on my marauder. I switched him over to using Molten Strike now, since I found a Wildfire jewel recently (it won't link when it's in the passive tree). I'm liking it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divided my time between marauder and ranger this time, running various maps and a few Laby trials here and there. Been lucky with the trials lately. For the longest time I hardly got these at all. Now I get at least one per session. :]

Oh, and I switched my marauder's main attack - Molten Strike - back to Infernal Blow, since it doesn't leave corpses, unlike Molten Strike. Sucks seeing all my hard work ruined when they get revived/eaten/exploded. :[

Aaaaaand Vorici has reached level 8. About damn time lol!

So, that's another session down. And here's the vinyls I played today:

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get

Alrighty. Have to get ready for work now, thanks for watching/reading. And have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning vinyl and doing some map running until I have to work [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
July 2, 2018.

Long post incoming!!

Off-stream this morning I ran a couple of maps on my ranger, and knocked out a new one, the Toxic Sewer. Woo hoo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the evening stream I mostly played my ranger, but I played my marauder a bit as well. And OH BOY what an item I found!:

My first ever 6-linked item that's not Tabula Rasa. Too bad it's meant for my shadow, a class I don't really play anymore. And it has sucky mods.

Well, that sucked. :\

And I pretty much just ran maps the whole session, including a couple new ones:

A couple new map completions

And on top of all this, I decided to make my ranger a dual-wielder instead of a sword claw-and-board like she used to have. Why?:

• +10% attack speed and +20% physical damage according to the Wiki (+15% to block as well, but considering the item I switched out was Atziri's Mirror my block rating took a huge nose dive :[ ). Always a good thing!

• Aesthetics. She looked kinda silly wielding a dinky little claw and carrying a big shield. Less hard on the eyes if her fighting get-up looked symmetrical.

• +20 life gain on hit isn't really cutting it, especially when I get a "Monsters deal +95% additional damage as fire" mod on one of my maps. And my life leech sucks as well, basically healing me for 60 life (3,000hp * 2% = 60) per second, not exactly lifesaving.

So, she's now basically what I want my shadow to be but can't because he's still "stuck" in act 8. -_-

But aside from all that, a good session. And with that, here's all the 33s I played today:

Saturday Night Fever - Movie Soundtrack
The Beatles - White Album
Richard Pryor - That N****r's crazy
Prince - Self-Titled 2nd Album

Okay, gonna call it a night. My internet got cut off on me for about an hour, so I'm an hour behind making this blog post. If I stream, it'll be later than normal, and probably shorter as well. So whether or not I'll be on again is up in the air right now. But until then, take care and thanks for watching/reading, I appreciate it! And seeee ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing LPs while doing some map running (possibly other stuff too) [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Jul 3, 2018, 4:28:29 AM
July 3, 2018.

A busy busy session this time! This time around it was all ranger. And very little actual farming and mostly trying to knock out new maps, of which there are several:

A Whoooole Lotta Map Completions!

And on top of that, I found another great item. Too bad it has life leech and not life gain on hit (life leech sucks for my character):

Oh well. Maybe my shadow could use it, if I ever get on the guy that is (he's stuck in questing hell).

But anyway, that's a wrap. And my work week starts up tomorrow, so it'll be back to short 1-2 hour streams again. :[

And before I forget, here's all the vinyls I played today:

Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
The Honolulu Guitars - Hawaii, Isle of Paradise
Tschaikovsky - Concerto in D, Op. 35
NWA - Straight Outta Compton

Okay, that's gonna do it for me. Pretty much shell-shocked from all the tough (rare) maps I've been doing. As always, thanks for watching/reading, always appreciated! And have a great night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing some 33s while doing more map running on my ranger (maybe marauder as well) [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Jul 4, 2018, 2:47:31 AM
July 4, 2018.

Had to call in from work since my back - especially my upper-middle back - was all kinds of messed up. Tried to see a chiropractor, but apparently they all close on the 4th of July. Like, really?

So, anyways, I was on my ranger the whole stream, just like the past few days, doing up some new maps:

A Few More Map Completions

And holy shit, talk about lucky drops, now I have a matching pair!:

And although my life gain on hit takes a slight hit, I love the extra attack speed though (the extra crit is just a bonus). Not to mention about 37%/45% of my physical damage is now converted to chaos damage. I feel like I should start calling her my shadow ranger now lol.

Good session today. And with that, here's all the records I played today:

Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Pink Floyd - The Endless River
Motorhead - Overkill
John F. Kennedy, A Memorial Album
Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Okay, time to call it a night. And it's looking like I'll probably not stream later, as I'll probably just nap instead, as I only had 2-3 hours of sleep today. But otherwise, thanks for reading/watching. Have a happy 4th, and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Spinning records and running maps before I gotta work [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
July 5, 2018.

All ranger today, just running maps, as well as getting bonus objectives on a couple:

A Couple Bonus Objective Completions

I also learned recently that Shaper maps actually drop - surprise! - Shaper items, like these gloves I've had for the longest time:

Good to know. So now when I run maps, if the map/mods aren't too difficult, I'll head for the Shaper ones first. I'm also starting to get Elder-influenced maps now too, so I'll probably look into those here soon. A pretty good session overall today. :]

And here's the records I played today:

Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity
Moody Blues - On the Threshold of a Dream
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones
Maurice Ravel - Bolero

Well, that'll do 'er. And, not sure yet, but I might be playing this game less for a while. I recently started playing a game I hadn't played in over 10 years: Bully

Giving Bully a go after not playing in many years!

But again, this is all up in the air right now. I'll have to play it by ear and see what happens. But I'd like to play this game more often than just once or twice a week. Just not sure how to work it in yet, as I've got this game and Pinball Arcade as well. Definitely a juggling act.

Okay, that's it for now. Have to start getting ready for work. And like always, thanks for reading/watching. I appreciate it. And until next time, take care. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing vinyl and working on maps before work [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Jul 5, 2018, 10:08:52 PM
July 6, 2018.

This morning off-stream I ran an Underground Sea map and wowee!

Too bad stuff like this doesn't happen that often!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing ranger again, running mostly Shaper and Elder-flavored maps. They're definitely not easy! I got an Elder item though, too bad it's absolutely useless (I don't do minion builds):

I also managed to get a video made of the Lava Chamber boss fight, which is a pretty long and tough bout:

Fire and Fury fight

Aaaaand I completed the Mausoleum map too:

So, pretty productive session today! And even had a few people swing as well, always good!

And here's the records I played today:

Devo - Shout
Blood Sweat, and Tears - Self-Titled second album
Jigs on the Green (Irish music)

Okay, have to get ready for work. Running late uploading stuff. Take care, and thanks for reading/watching. And have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing vinyls while running maps before work.
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.

July 7, 2018.

Like usual, I ran maps - preferably Shaper/Elder-flavored ones - on my ranger, and good god almighty some good drops (I might take up playing my shadow again!):

Good session overall today. And here's the vinyls I spun this time around:

Thin Lizzy - Self-Titled Debut
Turk Murphy - Barrelhouse Jazz
Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker Suite (most of it)

Okay, have to get ready for work. Take care, and thanks for reading/watching. And seee ya next time. ;]

Oh, and a P.S.: I made a video about streaming recently if anyone is interested: About streaming.

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Playing old-school records while running end-game maps before work.
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Jul 7, 2018, 10:07:56 PM
July 8, 2018

This morning off-stream I went ahead and played my shadow for a bit, using the new Shaper daggers I got yesterday, and cleared Act 7, but not without dying numerous times (too slow with poor healing, and chaos damage one-shots me).

But chances are pretty good he'll be back on the shelf now, as my ranger can do all the things I wanted my shadow to do, and much more effectively to boot.

So, for the evening stream today I just kept working on maps on my ranger. Was having trouble with the Elder-flavored ones though, often either getting one-shot or taking so much damage so quickly my reflexes (with the flasks) couldn't keep up. Always nice to have these kind of battles though:

Why The Blacksmith is one of my favorite bosses. :]

And my Poacher's mark (as well as Blasphemy and a couple of my Faster Attacks gems yesterday as well) gem hit level 20! I converted them over to +20% quality and am now leveling them all back up again. :]

But otherwise, that's the session for today. And here's the records I played:

Chicago Transit Authority (aka Chicago) - Self-Titled Debut
The Residents - Eskimo
Ravel - Bolero (good space-filler music right here.)

Okay, gotta get ready for work now. Thanks for watching/reading, and have a good night/day. ;]

"Joe's Stream" [SSF SC] Vinyls and maps before I have to work.
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info