[3.2] Self cast Lightning Tendrils+CwC+Arc CI Scion

It could probably work as a weaker budget version of this build. I think, crits will eventually outshine non-crits. I'm not sure, how many damage nodes are out there to take, if you ignore the crit ones.
I'm thinking about making a witch-build similar to this one. Can you tell me why you chose Scion over Witch for this build?
Good one.
Enjoying the build. Leveled as crit freezing pulse, spent about 1 hour in aquedacts and then in reliquary to get lvl 70, all leveling content was easy. After that I respecced to CI, had about 7.5k es with vaal regalia, did Kitava deathless, scyrocketed to tier 10.
Right now I'm only level 76.
I'm using shield charge with attack speed stacking to achieve better clear speed, will try arakaali's 50% recharge rate in combination with blood rage-cwdt, haven't bought a jewel with xES on hit yet, so I hope this will help me for some time.
Also I don't understand using energy shield recharge rate nodes, why would I wait for recharge when I can leech and gain es on hit?
And second question: what you think about pure talent jewel? +25 all attributes and +0.5% base critical chance might be good
Last edited by Salvi123 on May 27, 2018, 10:37:57 AM
I tried elder ring with "curse enemies with level x warlord's mark on hit" mode(self-craft cost me about 60 alts, base was 5c), there are some advantages and disadvantages:

1) it's a rare, so you can have there reses, attributes, es etc.
2) full endurance charges while clearing (overcharged node was too unreliable, it wasn't possible for me to maintain them).
3)You can use elemental focus in main setup (it gave me 12k(~104>116) dps on my lightning tendrils and 10k(~78>88) dps on arc, I created "60% increased damage" custom ring in pob, so these numbers must be real, this damage on clear ring without any mods accept warlord's mark on hit).
4) It's much cheaper, than valako's sign+watcher's eye combo and easy to obtain in the new league.
5) 1 free mode on watcher's eye(maybe lightning pen or some of the discipline's defensive modes).
6) You can clear vinktar's square(you can do it with valako's, but it would be risky) and leech more reliably in maps with "monsters have 90% chance to avoid elemental ailments" mode.

Now about disadvantages:
1) Leech doesn't work against hexproof enemies.
2) this method requires curse slot, so no conductivity on elementalist and no second curse on occultist.
3) Leech doesn't work against bosses in maps with "60% less effect of curses on monsters"
Overall IMO ring with this mode is incredible OP, especially if you are on low budget, but you can't run some map mods.
Edit: I played a bit more with warlord's mark ring and I was very unlucky with rolling my maps, almost every second map was with at least 1 of the 4 mods that I can't run: ele reflect, hexproof, reduced effect of curses(no leech on boss) and no leech, so I bought watcher's eye with discipline+mana leech.
But you can use it if you are on low budget, another option is doryani's catalyst + mana regen from tree, you can easily stack mana regen and hurt your dps by not that much: take path of the templar and allocate 20% mana regen node right at his start, take the witch's start node and socket pure talent jewel, this will give you 0.5% mana regen per second, the rest mana regen comes from Alira's bonus and a few nodes (I suggest "Dreamer"(don't hesitate to take additional 10% regen if you need it) and scion's "Mana regeneration and intelligence", you can also take "Deep thoughts", but those 4 nodes are usually enough)

I tested Pure talent jewel with new tree (I took Path of the templar instead of witch), I'm happy with my +0.5% base crit chance, +25 all attributes and 5% ele pen.

P.S. got the jewel with xES on hit and it's very powerful, I enen would say mandatory if you wanna just go no brain like me and facetank everything, also a nice rolled vaal regalia will give you 1500+ es, so don't use incandescent heart if phys damage rekts you(or just use basalt flask).
Last edited by Salvi123 on May 29, 2018, 3:46:19 PM
Did test the green dream jewel and it's very good: I can generate 3 charges on 1 pack even without sentinel node.
I'm sure that after upgrade to nightmare 9% dodge will greatly boost build's survivablity, since we are most struggling with physical damage, which is mainly comes from attacks, but it's also expensive and totally not mandatory, so treat it like just item for even more brain afk.
Last edited by Salvi123 on May 29, 2018, 3:43:28 PM
Just a small update, I added a note about 3.3 changes. Arc receives a buff, so this build also gets buffed obviously. But the buff is so big, that it might be worth it to drop CwC+LT setup and just play with pur Arc.
Last edited by osesek on May 30, 2018, 2:02:05 PM
"
osesek wrote:
Just a small update, I added a note about 3.3 changes. Arc receives a buff, so this build also gets buffed obviously. But the buff is so big, that it might be worth it to drop CwC+LT setup and just play with pur Arc.

what do you think about low life version? since we don't need choir of the storm we can equip presence of chayula for ~300 flat ES and stun immunity, so we are no longer need scion occultist and can take assassin/elementalist/inquisitor, don't know who is better, also 30% more damage is good, but not that good bo of more damage for each remaining chain. Con is that we don't have the benefits from incandescent heart, however we can take prism guardian and use 3 purities, but we will lose all es from presence of chayula, I don't think that with 8.5 ES we need some elemental mitigation, not sure though.
All in all there's a lot pros/cons and many versions of low life, so I'm interested in your opinion and thoughts.
Last edited by Salvi123 on May 31, 2018, 1:41:39 PM
"
osesek wrote:

I've been working on slowly building this out. If you ditch the CwC+LT what were you thinking to replace them with in those two slots?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info