[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
coffeecrank wrote:
Hey Fiver! Thanks for the awesome detailed guide, man. I just started leveling this yesterday, and, having acquired around 30 ex from my previous Cyclone build, I'm ready for something more powerful.

Quick question. I couldn't find any new videos of someone clearing the map with your build, so do you think you'll be able to post a small clip? I'm just worried how it will feel with Legion farming if I choose to do so (without HH).

Or maybe you have an advice on some gem swap? Like Ancestral Call in place of some other gem?

P.S. If someone else can post a video on map clear, would be great too!
I'm not fiver, but I can tell you map clear feels pretty great. Use ancestral call instead of ruthless when mapping and legions will just melt away.

Also popped in to say that this build is just amazing. And it's funny how much of a difference "small" things can make. I wasn't using a CoH setup because I knew it would cost me a lot of chromes and time to get all the sockets right, and the build felt powerful enough for what I was doing already. But then the other day I didn't have anything else to do in-game, so I decided to take the time to sort out curses and getting precision setup as well. It took me a good while, and I used up every single chromatic I had, but as soon as I went into a map I realised it was worth it.

The Precision let me remove acuity and slot in an extra jewel instead, and the extra damage from getting powercharges as well as frenzy really smoothed out an already pretty nippy build.
"
I'm not fiver, but I can tell you map clear feels pretty great. Use ancestral call instead of ruthless when mapping and legions will just melt away.

Also popped in to say that this build is just amazing. And it's funny how much of a difference "small" things can make. I wasn't using a CoH setup because I knew it would cost me a lot of chromes and time to get all the sockets right, and the build felt powerful enough for what I was doing already. But then the other day I didn't have anything else to do in-game, so I decided to take the time to sort out curses and getting precision setup as well. It took me a good while, and I used up every single chromatic I had, but as soon as I went into a map I realised it was worth it.

The Precision let me remove acuity and slot in an extra jewel instead, and the extra damage from getting powercharges as well as frenzy really smoothed out an already pretty nippy build.

Nice! Thank you! Frost Blades is soooo satisfying to play. :)
"
coffeecrank wrote:
Hey Fiver! Thanks for the awesome detailed guide, man. I just started leveling this yesterday, and, having acquired around 30 ex from my previous Cyclone build, I'm ready for something more powerful.

Quick question. I couldn't find any new videos of someone clearing the map with your build, so do you think you'll be able to post a small clip? I'm just worried how it will feel with Legion farming if I choose to do so (without HH).

Or maybe you have an advice on some gem swap? Like Ancestral Call in place of some other gem?

P.S. If someone else can post a video on map clear, would be great too!

Sorry I haven’t replied. I haven’t been checking the thread today.
I don’t have any clearspeed videos on youtube atm, but there are vods and clips from today on my twitch channel.

Here’s a minotaur run for example. I think I did uber twice today so there’s plenty more. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463017316?t=203s

For some reason the timestamp doesn’t seem to work. But look at around 3:30 for some gameplay.

Also, if you have questions or anything, feel free to drop in on my stream. It’s a lot easier for me to answer questions there and you are more likely to get a fast reply from me. :)

Don't panic.
"
Sorry I haven’t replied. I haven’t been checking the thread today.
I don’t have any clearspeed videos on youtube atm, but there are vods and clips from today on my twitch channel.

Here’s a minotaur run for example. I think I did uber twice today so there’s plenty more. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463017316?t=203s

For some reason the timestamp doesn’t seem to work. But look at around 3:30 for some gameplay.

Also, if you have questions or anything, feel free to drop in on my stream. It’s a lot easier for me to answer questions there and you are more likely to get a fast reply from me. :)

Thank you so much! Looks awesome to me. I first looked into Tornado Shot MF builds, but they can't really do hard content (without spending 50+ ex), and this build definitely can, so good to know!

I'll pop by your Twitch sometime. What time are you usually streaming? I'm in Germany, so gotta figure out the time difference. :)
Hi mate! Just followed your guide and it's amazing! Kudos for that!

Uhm any suggestions on further improvement particularly on the skill trees? I'm not sure if I have gotten the most important nodes (Didn't take Primeval Force yet). And I'm wondering if you're not spending Mana on your Frost Blade Skill?

Thanks again! This is my pastebin mate.

https://pastebin.com/v1u0iCjH

Cheers!
Last edited by meister1523 on Aug 6, 2019, 7:40:49 AM
Did you try the CoC set up yet? Does it really work well?
For me, its really comfortable to just use 1 skills and can applies many profits from that.
"
coffeecrank wrote:

I didn't see this line when I responded earlier. When you are clearing map you are supposed to be using Ancestral Call.
You swap between that one for clearing and Ruthless for bosses.

Also, I'm from Sweden, so we're in the same time-zone. :)

Don't panic.
"
boss11041 wrote:
Did you try the CoC set up yet? Does it really work well?
For me, its really comfortable to just use 1 skills and can applies many profits from that.

Yes I'm currently using it, and it feels really good.
Only downside is that with my current links I'm not using it on uber, but I don't feel that I really need it either.
Against Uber I still have it on manual cast, but I feel that I rarely make use of it anyway. I pretty much only use it 4 times during the fight.
1st phase to debuff shaper right as fight starts. 2nd phase to debuff shaper right when he comes out of invulnerability, 3rd phase to debuff sha... you get it.

I'll add it to the guide later today. Don't have time right now.

It was a great suggestion!

Don't panic.
"
meister1523 wrote:
Hi mate! Just followed your guide and it's amazing! Kudos for that!

Uhm any suggestions on further improvement particularly on the skill trees? I'm not sure if I have gotten the most important nodes (Didn't take Primeval Force yet). And I'm wondering if you're not spending Mana on your Frost Blade Skill?

Thanks again! This is my pastebin mate.

https://pastebin.com/v1u0iCjH

Cheers!

When you import your pastebin to another paste that already has skills and items, you should check the options "delete skills and blabla" "delete items" etc.
Otherwise it sometimes doesn't replace the items and skills the way it should. :)

Also, replace Ancestral Call for Ruthless and add the Multistrike flask. There's a section in the guide about how to do it.

Your skill tree is fine for the most part. I would try to get Assassination ASAP.
It's a lot of damage!

I would also try to get the Jewel Slot to the right of the Duelist starting point. It's 2 easy points for another jewel.

That's it, really. It's fine that you haven't taken primeval force yet.
From now on I would go
-> Assassination
-> Jewel Slot next to Duelist starting point
-> Jewel slot above acrobatics or Primeval Force
-> Jewel slot above acrobatics or primeval force
Depending on what jewels you have.

As for items, you have fairly good stuff, but there are some changes I would look for.

First off, your claw is good, but I would try to go for a claw with Elemental Penetration on it, rather than the hybrid phys roll.
The damage you get from elemental penetration is insane. I talked about it yesterday on stream and compared the damage between a pure phys claw vs a phys claw with ele pen. You should have a look.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463017316?t=00h37m32s
(if the timestamp doesn't work, check 00:37:32 and forward)
Unfortunately my webcam was a little in the way for the numbers, I just realized.
The point is that to beat claw with 400ish pdps and elemental penetration, you'd need to have around 470 pdps if you don't have the ele pen.
A claw with 360 pdps and elemental penetration would do about the same damage than the one you have. You can get almost 400 from crafting on a single T2 phys. (the max possible roll on the claw you have is at around 440)

You're pretty good on life. You need a little more, but you're still in a good spot. Your armour is good, your shield is good (could have more evasion), your belt is really good.
I would replace the ring for a ring crafted from a single Assassins Mark mod. You would get the same amount of life, lower fire res, but you'd be able to control what mods you have. If you have problems with mana, you could craft -8-9 to mana cost on it. You would be able to get the same EDWAS, and if you don't craft the mana you could get a lot more damage than the phys roll you have on it.

Aside from that, you seem to be in a good spot there as well.

The changes made above would put you at around 4M shaper dps with starkonjas. 6M with abyssus. This would be at level 91, assuming you take Assassination as your next passive point.

That's very good. Hope this has been some help.

Otherwise, please feel free to join me on my stream. You'll get replies from me much faster there.
I usually stream somewhere between 16:00 to 24:00 Stockholm time. I will be on later today though, around 18-19.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Aug 6, 2019, 10:27:23 AM
Just wanted to pop in again and say that I just got my first ever Shaper kill, so thanks a ton for the amazing build! Currently sitting at about 1M shaper dps, and I know there's room for a lot of improvement on my gear, but it was good enough to see me through more content than any other build I've tried.

I died twice. Once on the very first volley of shaper balls, which was just stupid, and once trying to pop a vortex during bullet hell. But other than that it was pretty smooth as long as I stayed mobile and alert.
Last edited by Limbs on Aug 6, 2019, 11:21:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info