[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
AlexOwnzAll wrote:
Spoiler
https://imgur.com/FbTQbUJ

Hey, could I get some advice on how to continue crafting this bow?

option 1: I was thinking I could either multimod right now with +2 lvl to support gems, chance to deal double dmg, and attk speed? not sure if double chance works with CA tho. im learning towards this option bc im not super rich to be able to invest 6 ex into a single item that im hoping will sell for a lot and fast

the other route i think i could go is invest more by crafting multimod, crafting 1 suffix, crafting cannot roll attack mods, then exalting for guaranteed +1 to socketed gems. now i would have perfect 3 prefixes +3 to gems bow so i could get rid of crafted mods, recraft multimod, then craft 2 suffixes (currently thinking attk speed and chance to deal double dmg). so this would need an investment of 6ex but would give a +3 to gems 7 link bow (which currently are priced at 20ex tho im not sure how reliable that is considering only 2)

i cant decide since I honestly don't know the price that i could get of EITHER option and there arent many like what im trying to do for sale currently so any advice is appreciated.

Craft 40% Chaos DoT Multiplier and call it a day. There's no reason to further invest into it.

Bow in it's current state requires massive investment (at least 4 ex) and wouldn't even be the best possible one. Instead you could potentially recraft it, roll another lvl 20 Vicious, get 2 suffixes and easily mastercraft it for similar investment while being cheaper OR BiS craft.

20 ex for easily craftable bow like this is total scam, absolutely disgraceful. The total cost including linking for BiS crafted bow is ~9-10ex.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jan 21, 2019, 8:37:24 AM
Hey guys, someone know how can I check will be one bow better then another?
Okay, thank you for the advice! so what would be a bis multimodded bow for pure damage? +1 to socketed gems and lvl 20 vicious projectiles? and then multimod +2 to support, chance at double dmg and attk speed?

also, why is +1 arrow so valued? doesnt ca dmg not stack with increased arrow and additional arrows just make it clear nicer?
Last edited by AlexOwnzAll on Jan 21, 2019, 8:48:37 PM
Would anyone mind giving me some feedback on my current gear? I still seem to have trouble with single target damage and I'm trying to get to a point where I can do shaper for my first time. Any feedback is appreciated.
"
Miha617 wrote:
Hey guys, someone know how can I check will be one bow better then another?

Path of Building can calculate it for you. Doing it manually through excel sheet also works.

"
AlexOwnzAll wrote:
Okay, thank you for the advice! so what would be a bis multimodded bow for pure damage? +1 to socketed gems and lvl 20 vicious projectiles? and then multimod +2 to support, chance at double dmg and attk speed?

also, why is +1 arrow so valued? doesnt ca dmg not stack with increased arrow and additional arrows just make it clear nicer?

Follow +3 7-link elder bow crafting, expensive version. Craft 5-6% increased damage per frenzy charge instead of 11-13% attack speed. Double damage only applies to hits.

Additional arrow = extra AoE = faster clear speed and allows for more relaxed gameplay (not having to aim properly).

"
AaronV89 wrote:
Would anyone mind giving me some feedback on my current gear? I still seem to have trouble with single target damage and I'm trying to get to a point where I can do shaper for my first time. Any feedback is appreciated.

You should have no troubles with single target right now. From cheap upgrades there's only higher tier of chaos DoT multiplier and levelling up.

Like in every case, flasks are bad. Replace with recommended setup, with quality this time.

Increased duration on Wither totem is missing. Many other gems could use 20% quality, just use lvl 20 -> lvl 1 20% recipe. Your Immortal Call is level 13, it can't be triggered by CWDT. Buy new one and leave it at level 5.

Your is mostly fine, but your belt is just awful even if you include the abyss jewel bonus. You could use 30% CA duration CA enchantment, but well, your current helmet is really damn good. So i would hold for now and maybe pick up duration nodes instead (at cost of damage). Speaking of passive tree, getting a good belt will easily allow you to drop resistance nodes which i assume you picked due to necessity.

Otherwise, everything is fine.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Spoiler

Hello.
I would need some help here since I am rather new and crafting is still complicated for me.

I was told I should get a Craicic Chimeral to save the two mods before I regal. But how good is the roll in general? I see bows with +1 arrow and vicious projectiles lvl 20, so I dont know if its worth to invest 100c just for the craicic chimeral (I am rather poor).

I also consider selling it like this, i payed 2.5ex for the base alone tho and not sure if I can even earn with selling this one.

cheers
Last edited by The30Element on Jan 23, 2019, 7:23:22 AM
@The30Element
I am not sure if crafting +2 support gems would be worth since you cannot really use Empower since you are missing Vicious Projectiles.

Best outcome for your base is probably +2bow, +1gems, +40% choas dmg over time multiplier, +1 arrow imo.

You can Imprint the magic base if you want to continue or you just go for it.

You Regal and pray for a suffix. If it rolls a prefix I am not even sure if it is worth going on because Annuls are really expensive right now. Even if you hit the annul you are left with 2 open suffixes. That could cost you another exalted slam.

If bow has 1 prefix and 2 suffixes the rest is pretty straight forward. Craft Cannot Roll Attack mods. That gives you 1 prefix and 3 suffixes.

Now slam once. It will add the +1 gem prefix 100% of the time if you have no suffix open and cannot roll attack mods is applied.

Remove the crafted mod and replace it with chaos damage over time multiplier craft.

After that you have one open suffix that you can craft with Leo in Research.

Crafting cost would be 2ex, 1regal, 4chaos and a prayer.

That being said. Check if a comparable bow is available first.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/k4PKmWi5
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/BOL5YkF8
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/XowwE4SP
Last edited by zorker on Jan 23, 2019, 8:18:37 AM
how much dps i will lose if i hit Vicious Proj lvl 18 instead lvl 20?
@Miha
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vicious_Projectiles_Support
1.49/1.47=1.01360544218 = 1,3% less damage
Currently throwing currency out of the window.

Trying my hands at gloves. Trying on Elder with Aberath+Pristine.
Only got chaos multiplier once in "a lot" of tries.

The gloves above are currently my best ones I guess. That being said there is no need for Frenzy on Kill imo.

Got a lot of good pairs imo but kept rerolling since I was trying for chaos dmg multi which I have not gotten. Tried to factor in prismatic but that brings to many elemental mods into play.
Last edited by zorker on Jan 23, 2019, 2:52:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info