[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Thank you for the great build! And it will be my next league build also. First of all i reached level 100 with it :)

Normally I have 2 chars, one for high content and one ranger for MF, but with your build, some res nodes and res jewels I am able to swap gear on the fly and get to 89Q with 5k HP. I MF t16 content even due to 200k dot damage even as MF :)

Absolute love the flexibility so thank you for the great build!

"
roetetoet wrote:
but with your build, some res nodes and res jewels I am able to swap gear on the fly and get to 89Q with 5k HP. I

Can you share your mf gear?
Thanks for helping with the craft :-).

Leo was not nice to me yesterday. Could not get him to Research.
So Happy with this build, thanks for posting it and replying, having a real good Bow now and doing good damage, and it is sooo tanky, thank you!

Also: I am thinking of Running Around with an Atziri's Step, Fairly Cheep 16% more spell dodge if you don't need the resistances on boots!

Cheers!

Here my Bow, sent me like 2000 Augs and a few exalts off the deep end, but so many thanks for your crafting tips! :P

Last edited by MephistoxicX on Jan 19, 2019, 8:34:36 AM
How do you generate fortify when using the writhing jar?
Since I got the bow I started crafting my other gear.

I had one insane belt roll (chaos dmg, life regen rate, life and %life).
+4 life...:/

According to DankawSL the quiver is really good. I am sitting at 75% chaos res and ele weakness capped res atm with 6.3k life.

Just did my first ever red elder. :-)

*edit* Just did my first Shaper kill ever. First try and deathless. Phoenix managed to kill me once though.
Last edited by zorker on Jan 20, 2019, 11:20:15 AM
Toxic Strikes is included as a passive to pickup but everything I read states it does not contribute to CA ?

any reason why its suggested to be used?
I know i wasn't answering much lately, i've been pushing my second build to fight end game bosses and to finish last few challenges for 36. Managed to kill uber elder this league, minor tweaks to passive tree and more investment did the trick. Now i'll probably focus on finally doing an update to the delve/crafting sections. Maybe tomorrow.

Afterwards, i have 3 more builds i would like to try. I already see one failing somewhere around yellow/red maps due to enemy being too tanky (currently lvl 72). The other two should be MUCH more promising. Will be testing both in SC, got a lot of money there plus i have some of the necessary gear there already.

"
Jimidimo wrote:
How do you generate fortify when using the writhing jar?

I already answered this in PM, but i'll repeat here. It's possible by having melee weapon swap and using Vigilant Strike with The Vigil jewel and killing the worm for ~35 second fortify. Best used in classic build with the staff.

"
zorker wrote:
Spoiler
Since I got the bow I started crafting my other gear.

I had one insane belt roll (chaos dmg, life regen rate, life and %life).
+4 life...:/

According to DankawSL the quiver is really good. I am sitting at 75% chaos res and ele weakness capped res atm with 6.3k life.

Just did my first ever red elder. :-)

*edit* Just did my first Shaper kill ever. First try and deathless. Phoenix managed to kill me once though.

The quiver has T1 hp roll, possible Maim for extra defence and easy mana sustain so yep - it's great. Your new belt also looks good, hp might not the best but suffixes are very decent. You might want to divine it later. The helmet... well, not great but not terrible either. You might want to get a better one on a better base if you decide to invest.

Every other gear is great

"
PugJack wrote:
Spoiler
Toxic Strikes is included as a passive to pickup but everything I read states it does not contribute to CA ?

any reason why its suggested to be used?

It's suggested because it does apply to CA. Chaos Damage with Attack Skills, the last word completely changes the meaning. As long as skill you're using is an attack, it will increase any chaos damage caused by the skill - hit, ailment or secondary damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
https://imgur.com/FbTQbUJ

Hey, could I get some advice on how to continue crafting this bow?

option 1: I was thinking I could either multimod right now with +2 lvl to support gems, chance to deal double dmg, and attk speed? not sure if double chance works with CA tho. im learning towards this option bc im not super rich to be able to invest 6 ex into a single item that im hoping will sell for a lot and fast

the other route i think i could go is invest more by crafting multimod, crafting 1 suffix, crafting cannot roll attack mods, then exalting for guaranteed +1 to socketed gems. now i would have perfect 3 prefixes +3 to gems bow so i could get rid of crafted mods, recraft multimod, then craft 2 suffixes (currently thinking attk speed and chance to deal double dmg). so this would need an investment of 6ex but would give a +3 to gems 7 link bow (which currently are priced at 20ex tho im not sure how reliable that is considering only 2)

i cant decide since I honestly don't know the price that i could get of EITHER option and there arent many like what im trying to do for sale currently so any advice is appreciated.
Last edited by AlexOwnzAll on Jan 21, 2019, 4:10:38 AM
"
AlexOwnzAll wrote:
https://imgur.com/FbTQbUJ
Hey, could I get some advice on how to continue crafting this bow?

Option 1 is impossible, as the bow already has a +2 to Socketed X Gems.

Your other route, as you already figured out, is expensive as you either have to multimod block your suffixes, or risk slamming suffixes.

A third option would be to multimod "40% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier", and whatever suffixes you want. The damage is slightly lower, but it is going to be alot cheaper to craft.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info