[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hi Hi ^.^

I really love this build and I think I've done a pretty good job so far gearing her out. I am 90 and just finished upgrading my gear tonight. Managed to cap ALL my resists, even chaos resist hehe. Which was pretty awesome!

Not sure what else I can do to get better at this point. I know I need a dying sun flask still. Almost had one a couple of times, but those snipers lol.

I am running labs to fix the enchant on my gloves atm (I did have reflection on my old ones, but replaced them tonight so) so ignore that for the moment if I haven't fixed it by the time you see this hehe.

I was using the atizi flask for the resist mostly, but since my chaos resist is +85% atm, I really dont have that problem anymore haha. Not sure what I should replace it with. I was thinking of using a 2nd karui.

I feel like my health is still a little low. But I still have 26% health to pick up, which should put me just over 7k with my current gear. Not sure how good or bad that is tbh.

Also do multiple watchers eyes stack? like will I get the health bonus from each different one? I was thinking of putting a different "affected by grace" like maybe movement speed in my last gem slot @ 92, at least until I can afford a crazy expensive double grace eye hehe.

but ya I'm not sure what end game goodies I can get to tweak this build further.

Thanks for making it ^.^

- Jussaiyanbuu is my current season character.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ejester/characters

(P.s. If you swap weapon tabs you'll see the 3 caustic arrows just about to hit 20. Hoping for a nice roll ^.^)
A few mods I made to gem set-ups. Not sure how ideal they are in comparison, but am running my end-game maps fine. I'm creating extra slots by dropping Dread Banner and switching Druidic Rite for Mana Flow which allows me to drop Clarity. I also don't use Blink Arrow. Still could have space for Dread Banner if I really wanted it.

CWDT+Summon Stone Golem+Minion Life Support+Portal

I've always liked my utility minions to be on a CWDT set-up. CWDT and Summon Stone Golem are at much higher level than the CWDT+IC setup due to not needing it to proc as much. Golem spawns with just short of 17k health, so he sticks around for a bit.

Portal on CWDT is awesome if on a high level CWDT setup. 1) Auto-checkpoint if I Die 2) I don't play in parties so don't have to worry about anyone else hitting my portals 3) The annoying parts of this setup (portal constantly spawing/moving) are avoided with high CWDT level. This will increase your survivability in boss fights, especially one's with little mob spawns.

Decided to throw vitality instead of empower. Again I love extra life regen on this build for a couple of situations. 1) Boss fights, it's really nice not having to burn a flask just to cap-off 2) makes it easier to proc Increase Damage on Full Life. Also grabbed a Watcher's Eye that gives more life regen when under effect of Vitality.
"
MKDE wrote:
Thanks for this build. I has been using this build since 3.3 and I just did my first deathless uber elder with this build, It's not perfect deathless though. My wither totems tend to die quite often, it's so hard to kill them quickly without totems. It's seem that the more time I use , the more vortex balls spawn. It's so hard to dodge their attack when there too much ground degen. Is there a way to make my dps goes higher?

It's quite understandable that totems die quickly. As long as they're up for ~1,5 second every 4 seconds, then they still reach maximum potential. Quite hard to place them in safe spot, but you will have such opportunity once in a while.

Elder squids and shaper's anomalies spawn more often as you progress through the fight, i'm sure of it.

You can mitigate a lot of degen with right setup. I've wrote detailed breakdown sometime ago, you can find it here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077932/page/44#p15910056

As for bonus damage... The easiest upgrade is fossil crafted helmet (with 30% CA duration ofc). Another easy upgrade is 40-50% dmg corrupted Kintsugi. +2 Socketed Support Gems mod instead of 40% chaos DoT multiplier on a bow is easy dps boost. Elder gloves can also roll chaos DoT multiplier. Besides those... only classic build, really.

"
zork wrote:
Any end game uniqes that would benefit us anything ?
Or is ut just essence crafted (extra chaos dmg) jewellry thats best ?
Any good elder/shaper mods ?

Nope, the only uniques worth wearing are already listed in gear section. In crafting section you can find a section with all chase mods you might want to have in your build - for min-maxing purposes obviously. I should probably upgrade it with crafted mods soon (not too many of them)

"
Spoiler
Hi Hi ^.^

I really love this build and I think I've done a pretty good job so far gearing her out. I am 90 and just finished upgrading my gear tonight. Managed to cap ALL my resists, even chaos resist hehe. Which was pretty awesome!

Not sure what else I can do to get better at this point. I know I need a dying sun flask still. Almost had one a couple of times, but those snipers lol.

I am running labs to fix the enchant on my gloves atm (I did have reflection on my old ones, but replaced them tonight so) so ignore that for the moment if I haven't fixed it by the time you see this hehe.

I was using the atizi flask for the resist mostly, but since my chaos resist is +85% atm, I really dont have that problem anymore haha. Not sure what I should replace it with. I was thinking of using a 2nd karui.

I feel like my health is still a little low. But I still have 26% health to pick up, which should put me just over 7k with my current gear. Not sure how good or bad that is tbh.

Also do multiple watchers eyes stack? like will I get the health bonus from each different one? I was thinking of putting a different "affected by grace" like maybe movement speed in my last gem slot @ 92, at least until I can afford a crazy expensive double grace eye hehe.

but ya I'm not sure what end game goodies I can get to tweak this build further.

Thanks for making it ^.^

- Jussaiyanbuu is my current season character.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ejester/characters

(P.s. If you swap weapon tabs you'll see the 3 caustic arrows just about to hit 20. Hoping for a nice roll ^.^)

Positive chaos res is great, 75% must feel amazing. As usual, chaos res is not necessary but very much welcome.

Life above 6k is fine, obviously the more the better - always.

Watcher's Eye is limited to 1 jewel only. I don't know the mechanics what stats will work, but the exclusive aura mods definitely won't.

You should definitely upgrade the bow first. Slow AS bow definitely feels bad compared to higher AS ones. Your crafted mod is also useless, craft 33-40% non-ailment chaos DoT multiplier instead. The rest of the potential upgrades can be found in crafting section.

"
Spoiler
A few mods I made to gem set-ups. Not sure how ideal they are in comparison, but am running my end-game maps fine. I'm creating extra slots by dropping Dread Banner and switching Druidic Rite for Mana Flow which allows me to drop Clarity. I also don't use Blink Arrow. Still could have space for Dread Banner if I really wanted it.

I've always liked my utility minions to be on a CWDT set-up. CWDT and Summon Stone Golem are at much higher level than the CWDT+IC setup due to not needing it to proc as much. Golem spawns with just short of 17k health, so he sticks around for a bit.

Portal on CWDT is awesome if on a high level CWDT setup. 1) Auto-checkpoint if I Die 2) I don't play in parties so don't have to worry about anyone else hitting my portals 3) The annoying parts of this setup (portal constantly spawing/moving) are avoided with high CWDT level. This will increase your survivability in boss fights, especially one's with little mob spawns.

Decided to throw vitality instead of empower. Again I love extra life regen on this build for a couple of situations. 1) Boss fights, it's really nice not having to burn a flask just to cap-off 2) makes it easier to proc Increase Damage on Full Life. Also grabbed a Watcher's Eye that gives more life regen when under effect of Vitality.

That's an interesting idea. Life regen is always great for reasons you've listed. You could potentiall throw in Summon Holy Relic as well. Someone in the thread mentioned they're really tanky and also give bonus regen. I assume you have elder Leather belt to further increase the regen, right?

I used to be fan of the golem, until he nearly killed me few times in the past (boss aggrod him). His survivability was also quite bad so i stopped using him. With minion life and vitality aura... maybe he'll survive long enough?

I also hope that your Watcher's Eye has 8% evade chance on top of the increased life recovery...
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 30, 2018, 11:20:30 AM
Ok thanks ^.^ I will work on updating the bow & yes the +75% chaos res feels amazing hehe.

**Edit:

Ok I got a new bow lol. this thing is a monster, like doubled my dmg ^.^
Last edited by Razordoll on Dec 30, 2018, 3:43:24 PM
"
Spoiler

That's an interesting idea. Life regen is always great for reasons you've listed. You could potentiall throw in Summon Holy Relic as well. Someone in the thread mentioned they're really tanky and also give bonus regen. I assume you have elder Leather belt to further increase the regen, right?

I used to be fan of the golem, until he nearly killed me few times in the past (boss aggrod him). His survivability was also quite bad so i stopped using him. With minion life and vitality aura... maybe he'll survive long enough?

I also hope that your Watcher's Eye has 8% evade chance on top of the increased life recovery...[/quote]

I'm not aware of the elder mod that increases regen, can you list the name of the mod? Or do you just mean the base mod for flat life regen?

The Watcher's Eye I use is at 7% because I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for a perfect roll on a jewel I may remove if I don't like the life regen build-out.

Edit-Just found the life recovery rate elder mod. Did not know this was a thing, time to shell out some currency.
Last edited by RidgemanSpiker on Dec 30, 2018, 5:18:26 PM
Okay time to go in depth after some testing as well as looking at my defenses tab.

Unbuffed life regen: 329.3
From Passives:
.4% Life Regen from Damage over time and Life Regen
.6% Life Regen from Life Regen
1% Life Regen from Growth and Decay
1% Life Regen from Heart of Oak
1.6% Life Regen from Golem's Blood
1% Life Regen from Master of the Arena

Equipment:
19% Increased Life Regen Rate (Elder Belt)
12.3 Life Regen Per Second (Amulet)

Buffed life regen: 599.5
From Aura:
Vitality: 1.1% Regen

From Equipment:
117.9 Life Regen when Vitality is Active

From Skill:
Stone Golem: 90 Life Regen per Second

I'm a little low on the strength but with Vitality at full level you will get another .5% Which should bring it to the mid to mid-high 600s.

Stone Golem stays up pretty well while clearing (testing on Tier 13s). He does occasionally go down, and struggles with some degen effects, but overall is pretty durable.

Summon Holy Relic was a little annoying to keep up. I did it both as part of CWDT replacing Portal and self-cast, and I just got frustrated with it, maybe with more practice I could be better, but to me it wasn't worth the extra ~100 regen. However, the extra regen on Stone Golem was noticeable when you look at it, and might help with degen effects.

If portal on CWDT isn't your favorite then I think Summon Holy Relic or another Minion support gem is certainly viable.

Any feedback is appreciated, I don't do a lot of theory-crafting. With Vitality fully leveled you are essentially getting a 200% power Divine Flask in the form of life regen, and you can probably optimize gear slightly to get it a little higher than mid-600s.

Edit--And you aren't losing any DPS, I'm still doing 180k DoT fully buffed.
Last edited by RidgemanSpiker on Dec 31, 2018, 12:13:55 AM
"

Your damage is low. Mine is 231k before frenzy charges. I need to add chaos dmg % to my rings and I can turn that 231k into more like 500k tooltip like my friend (who is over 500k)

So if your tooltip is only 180k, and his is 500k, you're losing a lot of dps somewhere. Just a heads up.

I would also ditch the portal gem on the CWDT for summon holy relic and make the entire setup automated.

Something to think about ^.^
Last edited by Razordoll on Dec 31, 2018, 3:31:04 AM
"
"

Your damage is low. Mine is 231k before frenzy charges. I need to add chaos dmg % to my rings and I can turn that 231k into more like 500k tooltip like my friend (who is over 500k)

So if your tooltip is only 180k, and his is 500k, you're losing a lot of dps somewhere. Just a heads up.

I would also ditch the portal gem on the CWDT for summon holy relic and make the entire setup automated.

Something to think about ^.^

My damage is lower than yours because of gear, not because of skill gem selection or passives. I haven't crafted my %non-aliment Chaos Damage on bow, and don't have ammy chaos damage yet. I also see you are rolling a jewel with 21% chaos/DoT, I have yet to unlock a space for a similar jewel. That should easily compensate for the difference between our two current tooltips. Those are plans for me, and the life regen mods have no impact on that. Not to be a dick but you didn't really give me anything to think about, you simply pointed out I am a couple gear mods/jewel slot behind you....

I address Holy Relic above, and discuss why Portal on a high CWDT is nice. Also advise players that summon holy relic is a totally fine substitute if you don't want to roll portal, you must have missed that part.

Last edited by RidgemanSpiker on Dec 31, 2018, 5:26:41 AM
guys im new in PoE i hope its great community,
help me - pls check my items and tell me what i need to change now (have like 2-3 ex) and no idea what to do

lvl:90
hp: 5.8k
all res,
evasion is under cap like 69%
my items: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fuksdelux/characters?characterName=fapfolderjpg
"
fuksdelux wrote:
guys im new in PoE i hope its great community,
help me - pls check my items and tell me what i need to change now (have like 2-3 ex) and no idea what to do

lvl:90
hp: 5.8k
all res,
evasion is under cap like 69%
my items: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fuksdelux/characters?characterName=fapfolderjpg

Couple options--
1) Buy a level 21 Caustic Arrow for better DPS
2) End-game enchants on helmet (30% longer CA) and boots (8% chance to dodge spell hits if taken spell damage recently)
3) Buy some Magic Find gear (explained in original post), you could get a decent Ventor's Gamble for 3 EX.
4) Dying Sun Ruby Flask (see point 3 below)

Cheaper nit-picky recs--
1) I recommend running two of these life flasks of your eternals. Evasion based builds take burst damage either by way of multiple hits at once or a crit landing. This means you really want something you can spam to bring your life back to full while you either pop your Vaal Grace or run away. Having Remove/Immune to bleed on at least one life flask is nice as well in the event you screw up the uptime on utility flasks.

2) I prefer Jade Flask over Stibnite, 3k Evasion gives you more than 100% more given how the calculation works. You already have Remove/Immune to bleed on this, I would keep that if you switch to Jade like I have below.

3) I'd recommend changing passive tree so that you can drop the Mana flask and pick up a damage flask like Dying Sun or a Sulphur Flask. Picking up either Druidic Rite or Mana Flows.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info