[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Ha, interesting, here a point I didnt know and a point i disagree a bit.

For the banner, I though it works for the accuracy debuff ONLY when we use it.I thought that the only effect when you keep it on you was to have a chance to impale. My bad

For the witchfire flask, I dont get the point : what's wrong to use it? You cant use your set up Frenzy despair but why using it? depsair auto with the fask, so your curse on hit is useless. So you you can Frenzy only, but with the damage boost due to despair AND chaos boos from the falsk I really dont need the Frenzy set up for mapping, or only for bosses.
It's a real boost of time imho, to clic on a button than to attack once. And dont forget the smoke cloud really underrated in evasion build

And for the endurance charge I think your right for the physical damage réductions but it's a bit too much if you already handle all one shoot. Comparated to chance to dodge spell hit with atziri's step and their proper enchant… I d rather invest on defence mechanics for spell, when you can handle kintsugui and crab. Better Mixt as you said on your guide :)
Last edited by dibdib2 on Dec 28, 2018, 3:05:05 PM
I'm not really sure what is most important that I work on next. I am currently farming lab in hopes to get the enchant, while using currency earned to try crafting a better quiver (basically one like I am using but with Chaos resist, since my chaos resist is at +20%). All other resists are over-capped at ~110%, 6.5k HP, 200k DPS. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by AdinayLoxley on Dec 29, 2018, 8:15:18 AM
Hello. I playing with this build and it's awesome! :)

This is my items and gem links

Do you have any idea what can change or add any link? I think about move frenzy to armor sockets but I don't have idea what can I add as the fifth gem.
"
dibdib2 wrote:
Spoiler
Ha, interesting, here a point I didnt know and a point i disagree a bit.

For the banner, I though it works for the accuracy debuff ONLY when we use it.I thought that the only effect when you keep it on you was to have a chance to impale. My bad

For the witchfire flask, I dont get the point : what's wrong to use it? You cant use your set up Frenzy despair but why using it? depsair auto with the fask, so your curse on hit is useless. So you you can Frenzy only, but with the damage boost due to despair AND chaos boos from the falsk I really dont need the Frenzy set up for mapping, or only for bosses.
It's a real boost of time imho, to clic on a button than to attack once. And dont forget the smoke cloud really underrated in evasion build

And for the endurance charge I think your right for the physical damage réductions but it's a bit too much if you already handle all one shoot. Comparated to chance to dodge spell hit with atziri's step and their proper enchant… I d rather invest on defence mechanics for spell, when you can handle kintsugui and crab. Better Mixt as you said on your guide :)

I'll be repeating a bit, but here's detailed reasoning:

You only need to curse tanky rares/bosses/syndicate. In case of the last two, they're going to be outside of the flask's AoE pretty much all the time - unless you're hugging them. In case of tanky rares - yes, the flask is quite good. However cursing them or reapplying CA and letting them die on the edge of the screen is not that big of a time loss.

About Stibnite flask itself, i dislike it for few reasons. It's slightly worse than Jade in terms of raw evasion (especially if you get hit recently, 50% inc evasion from Kintsugi). Technically blind is really good, but you need monsters to be inside the smoke to be blinded. Most of the monsters will die before they can touch you, and in case there's that 1 super tanky rare - the current defences are enough to safely tank him anyway (Minotaur video).

Most of the time the best defence is to stay mobile and never get hit in the first place. Blind also doesn't do anything if you're at 95% evade cap. Is there really a point of using Stibnite flask then? Well, there is one - it's flask with easiest charge sustain (10 usage / 30 max).

Lastly, endurance charges - mitigation is still mitigation. The thing with endurance charges and why they're so good, is that they can increase Immortal Call's duration to over 2 seconds of pure physical immunity. Works INCREDIBLY well with crab, as you mitigate initial hit and have 2 second break to let you recharge crab barrier and regain endurance charges. It's perfect combo for mapping and bossing (where Kintsugi does the job). It's the best in delve where physical spell projectiles are everywhere.

Spell dodge works in the same way, but slightly different. Despite everything, it's still random. It's best for mitigation during mapping and it works against all types of damage. BUT. 53% you can get from Lunaris patheon / boot enchant / permanent spell dodge is already enough in my opinion. For hard encounters, Vaal Grace exist to cap the spell dodge for limited time. If you play your cards right, you will finish everything in that short time frame.

Obviously bonus spell dodge is still welcome if you can get it for "free" from gear. You can allow yourself to use Atziri's Step? Sure, use it, it's amazing. Now here's the thing, elder boots can also roll 10% spell dodge on top of endurance charge generation. Why settle on one thing when you can have both? I tried to craft them last league, but didn't manage to unfortunately. Obviously to make such boots would be really expensive. You can get up to 73% spell dodge if you get hit with such boots + quartz flask.

IN THE END - min-maxing is subjective. The guide presents core of the build and gives freedom how you want to push your gear in the end game. I cannot say your version of the build is bad, because it's not - it's the way you want to play.

"
AdinayLoxley wrote:
Spoiler
I'm not really sure what is most important that I work on next. I am currently farming lab in hopes to get the enchant, while using currency earned to try crafting a better quiver (basically one like I am using but with Chaos resist, since my chaos resist is at +20%). Any other suggestions?

Your character page is private, can't say too much. You shouldn't even try to farm the enchantment to be honest, there's ~500 helmet enchants right now. Just buy the base and craft it instead. Every important stuff is listed in mapping progression (you shouldn't have troubles finding it).

"
BElluu wrote:
Spoiler
Hello. I playing with this build and it's awesome! :)

This is my items and gem links

Do you have any idea what can change or add any link? I think about move frenzy to armor sockets but I don't have idea what can I add as the fifth gem.

Enhance / Culling Strike. It's listed in optional gem setups. I almost never have 5/6-linked Kintsugi myself, it's all about the bow after all.

Also, please, try to get more life on your gear (at least craft that 40-55 life on ring).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Spoiler
"
AdinayLoxley wrote:
I'm not really sure what is most important that I work on next. I am currently farming lab in hopes to get the enchant, while using currency earned to try crafting a better quiver (basically one like I am using but with Chaos resist, since my chaos resist is at +20%). All other resists are over-capped at ~110%, 6.5k HP, 200k DPS. Any other suggestions?

My apologies, I updated my original post with the gear and a few stats. Thanks for the feedback! I did not realize the enchant does not scour off and acts like a normal implicit mod. I will keep that in mind about the enchant, and craft it instead, when I get sick of running lab. Not quite sick of it yet, made a few hundred chaos yesterday in 5 runs. Not much $/hour for some but it is for me, still learning the basics. I also know I can try to corrupt my chest again, but next time I might try to 6 link it first just so its worth more, idk. Luckily at least I got nothing instead of a bad roll this time. I see everyone using wither totem on the forums too, but I just don't like the style. To me, Mirage archer feels much better so I'm glad you gave that as second option.

So my thoughts are, chaos resistance on bow & quiver, helm enchant, corrupt chest, and of course, the evade jewel. Am I missing anything major? Starting Guardians today for the first time :)
Hey, I'm looking for a SSF HC build. Given this has no uniques, would it work in your opinion?

I got a SSF HC jugg to level 81 (died when client crashed) so wanted to try something different...
Thank you for this build. Tried a few Ranger builds before,none of them work or i could enjoy playing.Your build is details and well explained.Well done mate!
"
AdinayLoxley wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
"
AdinayLoxley wrote:

My apologies, I updated my original post with the gear and a few stats. Thanks for the feedback! I did not realize the enchant does not scour off and acts like a normal implicit mod. I will keep that in mind about the enchant, and craft it instead, when I get sick of running lab. Not quite sick of it yet, made a few hundred chaos yesterday in 5 runs. Not much $/hour for some but it is for me, still learning the basics. I also know I can try to corrupt my chest again, but next time I might try to 6 link it first just so its worth more, idk. Luckily at least I got nothing instead of a bad roll this time. I see everyone using wither totem on the forums too, but I just don't like the style. To me, Mirage archer feels much better so I'm glad you gave that as second option.

So my thoughts are, chaos resistance on bow & quiver, helm enchant, corrupt chest, and of course, the evade jewel. Am I missing anything major? Starting Guardians today for the first time :)

Your gear is really solid all around, flasks too. I'm only unsure if you're keeping the Div Distillate. It's definitely easier to manage it with GMP.

Chaos res is a bonus if you can fit it in, so with positive chaos res you have more than enough tbh. More doesn't hurt obviously.

I wouldn't recommend 6-linking Kintsugi if you're going to vaal it. It's not necessary to have 6-link body armour (i never use one for example) and the chance to lose money is quite high.

If you don't have evade chance Watcher's Eye, then buy it ASAP. Helmet enchant is massive boost to everything as well. Besides those two there's... not much i guess? It's min-maxing at this point, which is up to you.

"
Hey, I'm looking for a SSF HC build. Given this has no uniques, would it work in your opinion?

I got a SSF HC jugg to level 81 (died when client crashed) so wanted to try something different...

Definitely works, but it might be hard without a 5-link bow / any 6-link. You'll probably have to grind Tabula or get lucky with fusings. But if you manage to get one of them, then it should be totally fine.

The only issue is that in SSF it might be hard to reach full potential of the build. Nothing to worry about tho, you can still clear nearly all content on budget. Just slower/more risky.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for this build. I has been using this build since 3.3 and I just did my first deathless uber elder with this build, It's not perfect deathless though. My wither totems tend to die quite often, it's so hard to kill them quickly without totems. It's seem that the more time I use , the more vortex balls spawn. It's so hard to dodge their attack when there too much ground degen. Is there a way to make my dps goes higher?
Any end game uniqes that would benefit us anything ?
Or is ut just essence crafted (extra chaos dmg) jewellry thats best ?
Any good elder/shaper mods ?
Last edited by zork on Dec 29, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info