[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

January 13th, 2021 - Ritual League
Changelog
Passive Tree:
* Updated ascendancy passive trees and suggested order for Pathfinder and Deadeye (optional ascendancies).
* Fixed a problem where cluster passive trees had more passives allocated than they should have. Allocated cluster jewel sockets which aren't visible on website counted towards total amount.

Gem Setups:
* Removed Malevolence optional quality. 2% skill duration is not even worth mentioning.

Crafting Section:
* Readded old harvest crafting methods. IIRC they're still valid despite tag revamp in Heist league. I'll check later just in case and update them if necessary.

Path of Building:
* Updated PoB build to newest version.
* Damage is now calculated against Shaper instead of normal monster. Currently PoB's "In Combat" damage is no longer measured against chosen enemy type which allows to see tooltip dps. "Effective DPS" is calculated against chosen enemy. I don't know since when it's the case, but i noticed it somewhere during last league.
* Very minor update to PoB description.
* Added (PoB) to section's name so people who use search function can find it much easier. Not like it was difficult to do before this change.
* Removed warning about PoB not working with original version. Guide now answers this question in FAQ.

FAQ:
* Added new question: "Path of Building (PoB) gives me an error when loading your build!"

Changelog's... changes:
* Due to constant updates and really long list of changes, i'm removing old updates from it.
* You can still find archived 3.12 build with changelog on page 265 inside archived guide.

=======================

Not that many changes and a couple of QoL stuff. To be fair the worst part of updating is navigating raw text without any formatting. Easy to get lost.

I will answer questions after i'm done updating my other guide. If you want to check viability, then don't forget you can always check videos which will give you far better understanding how build performs than my or anybody's opinion.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jan 14, 2021, 9:54:11 AM
"
aefoa wrote:
I can't see how does Raider's ascendancy benefit to chaos DoT?
It doesn't.

"
aefoa wrote:
Or it's just a QoL+Defense parameteres there?
Yes. This is primarily a HC build, where not dying is paramount.

"
aefoa wrote:
And if so, wouldn't it make Raider's CA tooltip dps ~1.5mil which is super low for end game?
Debatable. Depends how the maiden fight is. For example my friend played archmage arch hiero in Heist and his POB dps was good, but his Sirus experience was 80% running around and 20% actually dpsing. Some other league he played dom blow Guardian and same story, endless chasing Sirus cuz melee.

Builds that can facetank bosses for 100% uptime are fairly expensive and not SSF friendly, while this one is designed to be.

You can definitely go into something like Cremation necro that I heard is a good SSFHC boss killer, however I heard mapping is iffy as cremation so you might have to be swapping between cremation for bosses and something like detonate dead / volatile dead for mapping. And personally I don't like gem swap builds (read: your 6-link is in chest not in weapon and you have to swap the item or gems back and forth).

Have you guys considered taking No Witnesses (Elusive buff)?

Its 4 points needed, but you can get them from removing mana regen nodes (i just tested it in standard and i can sustain CA nicely without them - i have 51% mana regen on gear; POB build has 40% crafted)

Its only 10% chance after kill, so not viable for bosses, but for map clear its basically always up. I think ill be taking it at least until i can get last 10-15% points of Dodge somewhere else. Movement speed is also nice.

Last edited by sajm0n on Jan 13, 2021, 2:42:34 PM
"
sajm0n wrote:
Have you guys considered taking No Witnesses (Elusive buff)?
Was discussed several times, it's good for levelling but once you get to the point you have plenty of movement speed and close to dodge cap without elusive, 4 points spent is too much on something you only get a partial benefit from. With cluster jewels existing, there's always something better to spend your points on.
Im only talking mainly before Jewels (which takes time to get there in SSF) and because mana regen is useless if you dont really need it. id rather have something even remotely useful than that (i know those nodes have also flask duration etc, but it doesnt seem that good to me).

Another option i see is to get to Hired Killer node maybe.

(yes i hate getting mana regen on skill tree)
Last edited by sajm0n on Jan 13, 2021, 3:00:12 PM
Here's something I've always wondered about: You and a friend are both playing a CA build. You both shoot a boss which makes overlapping pools of caustic goo. Do the pools from two different players stack?
Veni, Vidi, Voopsi! (I came, I saw, I screwed up!)
"
sajm0n wrote:
Im only talking mainly before Jewels (which takes time to get there in SSF)
Personally I usually spec no witness early on and respec later when I need the points. You can always do that, 4 extra regrets shouldn't be that much of a problem to find.

Can't say about the mana regen because I tend to not run clarity unlike the suggested setup so for me mana regen is good because I could maybe fit another aura instead of clarity.

The flask duration is actually not that bad, saves you button presses during mapping.

But well - it's your character, tweak it to your own liking.

I wish we could thread of hope no witness but GGG made it deliberately outside of any range.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 13, 2021, 4:50:16 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:

Can't say about the mana regen because I tend to not run clarity unlike the suggested setup so for me mana regen is good because I could maybe fit another aura instead of clarity.

The flask duration is actually not that bad, saves you button presses during mapping.

Thats exactly what i was thinking as well. Remove clarity and get some other aura instead if possible (id love flesh and stone - Blind would stack with less accuracy aura from Ascendancy, right? altough we're getting over the Evade cap i guess, so maybe something else, Skitterbot? ;)
Flask duration i dont care about, because ill try to have it on a flasks, but its individual preference anyway ;)
Last edited by sajm0n on Jan 13, 2021, 5:25:42 PM
Hey. I know that's a dumb question. 3.13 is it worth starting? Can I close everything for them?
"
The_ProTein wrote:
Hey. I know that's a dumb question. 3.13 is it worth starting? Can I close everything for them?
Caustic arrow = 0 changes.
Raider = got buffed.

So basically check the vids in the OP whether you like the playstyle, nothing got nerfed in this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info