[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

I am playing a Pathfinder with this build but I am now not sure whether I should run lab again and get Raider. I am not that keen on the phasing thing and not too sure how it works.

Would it be a bad idea to stay as a Pathfinder was it that badly nerfed for chaos damage. Since you're relying on some damage over time isn't that poison damage when it is a chaos DOT.
"
xMustard wrote:
i prefer to get 3-4m on dot builds, just any generic dot build. cold DoT can't really reach that easily either, so i don't like that. some ignite and even SR builds can very easily achieve that without hardly any dps investment.
Cold dot needs tricks like double curse + EE to get enough -res to get good damage and is basically forced into low life by how many auras it requires. Wintertide deals even less damage than typical vortex / cold snap combo.

ED/C can't reach any good numbers unless you facetank bosses channeling blight.

Bane got dumpstered with curse changes.

So I dunno, I guess by dot builds you mean ailments? Bleed / ignite / poison?

"
Desarix wrote:
Would it be a bad idea to stay as a Pathfinder was it that badly nerfed for chaos damage.
Ok so, your characters are hidden, but I will assume you mean you play in stadard, softcore, trade?

I imported to POB my harvest character and it seems the change would be around 10k dps loss on Sirus and 20k dps loss while mapping. It's not tragic.

Raider is around 350k loss on Sirus and 400k while mapping. Btw that's Sirus with max withered stacks and mapping with 0 wither. But ofc Raider gives you much better defensive QoL that is mostly passive.

So it's up to you whether you want to feel more defensive or have a bit more damage. If you don't play hardcore, it's a much less important question to answer (I'm still not fan of glass cannons even in softcore though).

The point is, at specific levels of damage the extra damage might be unimportant to you. If your damage is enough to kill the boss comfortably, and pushing it a tad bit higher won't make a big difference like skipping a phase (it probably won't), you can decide to sacrifice damage for some nice defensives.

"
DankawSL wrote:
SIDE NOTE: I'll try to do breakdown on atlas passive trees. I'm mostly doing it for myself to plan ahead, but sharing won't hurt anybody.
Oh yea, I should do that too... Especially since I don't play the same way min-maxers do so copying some "official spreadsheet" with triple beyond buffs will not help my playstyle.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 12, 2021, 1:45:56 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:

yes and no. bleed/poison are great but league start terribly IMO because they require much more gear. they have much higher end game scaling then any others though.

ignite is good, but also just fire damage over time. flamewall, scorching ray, fire trap, righteous fire, even searing bond has great damage numbers (terrible QoL of course).

i know i'll be doing scorching ray this league with its buffs. SR will actually be INSANE to level with, now that its cast time is halved, it means it will ramp to its max damage is HALF the time.
i dunno if anyone has ever tried it here, but i have extensively and it levels extremely well already.

works great end game too. and since flamewall/scorching ray/searing bond/righteous fire don't actually hit, all map mods are playable. not to mention the easy HoGM clear. except they took it off the atlas completion so you won't be getting carry services for it anymore anytime soon
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
i prefer to get 3-4m on dot builds, just any generic dot build. cold DoT can't really reach that easily either, so i don't like that. some ignite and even SR builds can very easily achieve that without hardly any dps investment.
Cold dot needs tricks like double curse + EE to get enough -res to get good damage and is basically forced into low life by how many auras it requires. Wintertide deals even less damage than typical vortex / cold snap combo.

ED/C can't reach any good numbers unless you facetank bosses channeling blight.

Bane got dumpstered with curse changes.

"
Desarix wrote:
Would it be a bad idea to stay as a Pathfinder was it that badly nerfed for chaos damage.
Ok so, your characters are hidden, but I will assume you mean you play in stadard, softcore, trade?

I imported to POB my harvest character and it seems the change would be around 10k dps loss on Sirus and 20k dps loss while mapping. It's not tragic.

Raider is around 350k loss on Sirus and 400k while mapping. Btw that's Sirus with max withered stacks and mapping with 0 wither. But ofc Raider gives you much better defensive QoL that is mostly passive.

So it's up to you whether you want to feel more defensive or have a bit more damage. If you don't play hardcore, it's a much less important question to answer (I'm still not fan of glass cannons even in softcore though).

The point is, at specific levels of damage the extra damage might be unimportant to you. If your damage is enough to kill the boss comfortably, and pushing it a tad bit higher won't make a big difference like skipping a phase (it probably won't), you can decide to sacrifice damage for some nice defensives.

"
DankawSL wrote:
SIDE NOTE: I'll try to do breakdown on atlas passive trees. I'm mostly doing it for myself to plan ahead, but sharing won't hurt anybody.
Oh yea, I should do that too... Especially since I don't play the same way min-maxers do so copying some "official spreadsheet" with triple beyond buffs will not help my playstyle.

So sorry yes standard, softcore with trade. I've not gotten around to linking my Steam account. This was an account I created to post on these forums when I started playing a few years ago.Thanks for the answer.

I need more defense so I'll take raider. I'm a poor player since I am an old lady with bad reflexes so less defense is bad for me. I also play slowly with no zooming involved.
Last edited by Desarix on Jan 12, 2021, 3:46:42 PM
and now its searing bond that has the most damage for a DoT ability, getting massively buffed

"
Searing Bond

Now deals 29.4 fire damage per second at gem level 1 (from 23.6), up to 2459.5 fire damage per second at gem level 20 (from 1755.6).

still nobody will use it though, because its a piece of garbage to use. but thats some insane base damage
"
xMustard wrote:
works great end game too. and since flamewall/scorching ray/searing bond/righteous fire don't actually hit, all map mods are playable. not to mention the easy HoGM clear. except they took it off the atlas completion so you won't be getting carry services for it anymore anytime soon
Doesn't it drop some ultra rare and valuable div cards though?
Zero, nada, zip.
Well at least no nerfs...
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
Doesn't it drop some ultra rare and valuable div cards though?

not sure. but i know some ppl farm that map for something, so probably.
maybe without it on the atlas those maps will be like an alchemy, t16 versions, so it'll be worth blasting through them.
i'll actually look into that this league
"
sajm0n wrote:
Zero, nada, zip.
Well at least no nerfs...
I didn't expect any buffs to CA itself as it got 2 small buffs in the course of previous year and it's already ahead of bane or essence drain in damage.

Raider is definitely improved.
I'm keen to try this build in HC trade league, but a bit concerned about the survivability and single target damage for high tier bosses and the maven fight. Can anyone reassure me?

Ps CA might be > ED for single target damage, but they also use blight, and can raider really compete with the survivability of an ES trickster?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by SBOG4215 on Jan 12, 2021, 7:37:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info