[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

DankawSL, hi!
I used your build in metamorph league, and much appreciate you for it, as it was my first league in PoE :)
Quick question - how do you completed Hall of Grandmasters map? I didn't try it myself, but because of some builds that appears there as bosses, i feel like i would have some struggles to beat it.
Last edited by SnowLegend on Mar 13, 2020, 7:23:14 PM
"
SnowLegend wrote:
DankawSL, hi!
I used your build in metamorph league, and much appreciate you for it, as it was my first league in PoE :)
Quick question - how do you completed Hall of Grandmasters map? I didn't try it myself, but because of some builds that appears there as bosses, i feel like i would have some struggles to beat it.

From the guide:

"Hall of Grandmasters:
Required gem setup: Scorching Ray
Required gear: The Brass Dome

Easy for the most part. The tough part are few exiles that can deal absurd damage in short time. Lethal map purely thanks to them. CI exiles force us to use Scorching Ray against them, Balefire unique is the easiest way to get the setup. Use it in or even 2 of them in a weapon swap. You need chaos resistance yourself, at least make it positive. Be elemental weakness capped."

I did it successfully this way. Died at least once but whatever.
Anyone having success with CA in delirium encounters?

also visual rework is uhh idk? havent played ca in a hot minute
"
Nèmo wrote:
also visual rework is uhh idk?
They added some green explosions when you hit mobs, but the ground effect looks same-ish to me.

EDIT: after playing a bit more I admit it's brighter.
Last edited by Viktranka on Mar 14, 2020, 11:25:59 AM
March 14th, 2020
Crafting Section:
* Updated End Game Bow crafting. Now it has 2 crafting methods for +2 arrows only mod or DoT multiplier with extra arrow(s).
* Quiver crafting now focuses on Hunter influence with DoT multiplier suffixes.
* Other crafting remains unchanged for now.

Like i said i'm quicker to push the updates since i don't race this time around. This is also first time since Bestiary league where i added beastcrafting. In this particular case it always going to be superior currency-wise. +2 mod is incredibly rare. Other crafting sections didn't change or aren't too important right now, so i'll add it later. I want to play new league too after all.

So far the new league mechanic has been very rewarding and also very dangerous. I highly recommend trying out Dash with Second Wind support. It feels really good to use especially against the new monsters when the movement is still very low. I would likely be dead if not for it.

Monster health scaling is quite ridiculous and i start to think Trickster's 30-35% more damage doesn't matter much in the long run. Defence might be the king. I highly recommend investing into spell dodge because there's a lot of them and sometimes hit multiple times. I'm only half-way through act 6 atm so there's still a lot to discover.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Tbh I've watched a slew of "league starter build compilation" videos and it seems for some reason now suddenly people woke up CA exists, Brittleknee and Tarkecat both made their own guides (for Trickster) so could be people moved there, yes, for sc Trickster is a more damage oriented choice, but imo your thread is much more detailed and to the point (Tarkecat was saying you can upkeep wither debuff with withering step which is only true if you play ED + blight but it won't be true for CA no idea why he claimed wither totem is "POB warrior thing").

Keep up the good job, I've learn a lot about crafting and stuff from your guide.

Tarke is all about DoTs and traps and he often recommends CA, so it's not surprising. Last league he gave shoutout to my build as well. As for everyone else, at the end of last league i noticed a lot of CA guides popping up on forums indeed.

About Wither... did he really say that? I don't know the range of Withering Step but it likely isn't that big, you need to link it with increased duration to have chance for maximum Wither stacks. You also have to get into closer range and keep spamming it. Totem will do the same in 1 second without you even getting close to the boss. His statement doesn't make any sense.

To note i SPECIFICALLY set up PoB to showcase tooltip DPS (In-Combat setting) to avoid being a tooltip warrior. It's easy to switch settings to see boss dps if needed.

"
Spoiler
"
SnowLegend wrote:
DankawSL, hi!

From the guide:

"Hall of Grandmasters:
Required gem setup: Scorching Ray
Required gear: The Brass Dome

Easy for the most part. The tough part are few exiles that can deal absurd damage in short time. Lethal map purely thanks to them. CI exiles force us to use Scorching Ray against them, Balefire unique is the easiest way to get the setup. Use it in or even 2 of them in a weapon swap. You need chaos resistance yourself, at least make it positive. Be elemental weakness capped."

I did it successfully this way. Died at least once but whatever.

It's been 2 year since i've last attempted Hall of Grandmasters i think? Good to know it still works.

"
Nèmo wrote:
Spoiler
Anyone having success with CA in delirium encounters?

also visual rework is uhh idk? havent played ca in a hot minute

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
They added some green explosions when you hit mobs, but the ground effect looks same-ish to me.

EDIT: after playing a bit more I admit it's brighter.

I don't have too much issues but at certain point the monsters get REALLY tanky. At later stages it scales rapidly.

Visual rework is actually really nice. Previously it looked ugly as if you splashed sewer water. Now it looks poisonous. Visible hit AoE was already present in previous version, but likely they slightly improved the visuals as well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
About Wither... did he really say that? I don't know the range of Withering Step but it likely isn't that big, you need to link it with increased duration to have chance for maximum Wither stacks. You also have to get into closer range and keep spamming it. Totem will do the same in 1 second without you even getting close to the boss. His statement doesn't make any sense.
Well someone's linked Tarke's video in essence drain thread asking about the wither thing, here's the clip: https://youtu.be/bGkAeNxQcTw?t=327

It makes sense if you play essence drain + blight + spreading rot because you already apply wither with blight and you can headstart it with withering step, could also work for occultist that has passive aura that will prevent wither from expiring, but for the build he has there which is caustic arrow + essence drain trickster, I don't think it makes sense, wither could drop off easily it feels like it.

Also yeah, you would have to play around being close range which is kinda annoying.
Well, rip #1, four delirum fatties got me. It's totally on me since i should've upgraded my gear and most importantly the life flask (because not having good recovery got me). I also missclicked and dashed into them instead of away from them. In short, greed and misplay. I usually upgrade at the beginning of act 9 and you can see where i am...

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Well someone's linked Tarke's video in essence drain thread asking about the wither thing, here's the clip: https://youtu.be/bGkAeNxQcTw?t=327

It makes sense if you play essence drain + blight + spreading rot because you already apply wither with blight and you can headstart it with withering step, could also work for occultist that has passive aura that will prevent wither from expiring, but for the build he has there which is caustic arrow + essence drain trickster, I don't think it makes sense, wither could drop off easily it feels like it.

Also yeah, you would have to play around being close range which is kinda annoying.

Your deduction is correct, i completely agree. There's a thing that triggers me immensely in the video is Tarke points at calculation on left side of the screen... I always believed it to be quick reference to your stats for comparison, not something that you use for detailed numbers. Using calcs tab seems natural for that purpose.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 14, 2020, 5:03:05 PM
i think for lvling need to use smoke mine instead of blink arrow ;d

playing season hc ssf, at BA now, and i rly hate this new league mechanic D: i rly cant see anything(yeahm this league about that, but still....) hope they nerf visual effects.

can some1 tell me best way to get 5link bow?

and ty for the build ofc.
"
kekemeke wrote:
i think for lvling need to use smoke mine instead of blink arrow ;d
Smoke mine is personal preference, for example Zizaran said on his stream he hates using it because it gives him carpal tunnel. They nerfed the early game movespeed bonus smoke mine gave in 3.9, so it's not as OP for early game as it used to be.

But if you like it, sure use it. I was using dash, later linked with second wind, but it's good to have blink arrow even on secondary action bar just for jumping over rivers and cliffs. Some are too spread apart for dash to go over them. For spamming, blink arrow feels too slow until you get a lot of attack speed.
So, this might be a silly question, but i can´t get to figure how the hell do you get from the pre respec at level 54 to the... well... respec. Every node is conected and I can´t refund farther than just aspecto of the eagle and the bow damage next to it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info