[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
braniels2 wrote:
Hello, im using totem ballista 6L with toxic rain for only boss, and CA as main skill (5L silverbrounch), is a good choice?? i dont know if is better than wither totem set-up.

It's similar if not better in terms of DPS. However there are complications that make it suboptimal for this build:

* Totems will die, and the damage increase they provide will stop.
* You can only summon them near your position, they might target something else other than your desired target.
* In order for totems to deal more reasonable dps you need quite big passive tree changes.

Toxic Rain totems is a VERY strong playstyle for some time now, but it's ultimately totem build so rarely anyone play it. If you opt in for this, it will no longer be CA build.

"
Kodesterx wrote:
Spoiler
Hey mostly just wanted to say thanks for the great and detailed guide. Love the layout.

If you have a spare minute I'd love for you to check out my character and see if there's anything super obvious I can do to improve it. I know I need a 6L bow (didn't know about the desert map card farming thing) so I'll probably try to save up for that. Oh and the chaos damage over time craft on the bow, how do I get that?

Wait, i'm positive i've already answered you but the response is not there. Must've forgot to copy&paste it.

Don't want to make it long. Your gear is great in general, you should keep up what you're doing. Get rid of that mana flask for another utility flask, that's the only thing i can suggest. You already know what to do next so... keep it up.

FAQ: Where can i find 36-40% Chaos DoT Multiplier and +2 Socketed Support Gems crafts?
A: Both of them can be acquired through unveiling items. Chaos DoT Multi can appear on any weapon, relatively easy to acquire. +2 Levels to Socketed Support Gems is a Mastermind exclusive mod, so unlocking it will take a lot of time or luck. Item level 80+ items can give you +2 levels. Below ilvl 80 items only have +1 level.

"
Mech_ wrote:
Spoiler

Only took 120 alts :D

Do i craft suffixes cannot be changed, scour then follow the crafting guide again?

Builds doing great, btw. Only level 50 atm, but its working its magic. ST is a slight issue but i'd assume it'll work itself out with the levels.

Thanks for the guide!

Crafting guide tells you what to do in any situation. It's exactly as you described.

Also nobody told me the crafting section is broken (1 important spoiler was missing, fixed now).

"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
Spoiler
May I ask how you go about getting the 6L bow? Did you just farm desert / dunes without opening any other maps? I am doing this right now but find the only two maps quite boring to be honest.. I am thinking about opening a few higher maps on other Atlas directions but not sure whether this will mess up my RNG?
Thanks!

I also said the strategy multiple times. What matters is that you only need Desert as your only T2. Nothing else. I progressed the atlas like usual, all the way to T5 and spawning conquerors. By then you'll have plenty of Deserts saved up to possibly farm it all up.

"
fuksdelux wrote:
hey,
Corroded + Metallic + Jagged
not working anymore?

There's no reason it shouldn't work. I didn't test myself yet (can't find corroded fossils at all...), but no extra prefixes were added so yep. Should be fine.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Craft working on actual league (test it myself)
Thanks for the awesome guide.
Having a blast!

Spoiler

Just a quick question about the endgame bow crafting section:
poeaffix has the additional arrow mod listed as requiring ilvl 82, but you wrote ilvl 86. Do you have some more actual information?
"
fuksdelux wrote:
hey,
not working anymore?

It works. Took me about 10 tries.
"
MrMustang wrote:
"
fuksdelux wrote:
hey,
not working anymore?

with this combo, is normal get +1 to bow gems and +1 to socket gem?
"
braniels2 wrote:
"
MrMustang wrote:
"
fuksdelux wrote:
hey,
not working anymore?

with this combo, is normal get +1 to bow gems and +1 to socket gem?

Short answer: Yes it is normal. Make sure the bow is at least item level 64 for the +2 to bow gems mod.

How I ended up getting mine:

I got +1 and +1 once. Almost gave up around 10 tries and bought a +3 bow with an open prefix and was trying to 6-link it. After spending most of my currency on trying to link it (against my better judgement), I decided to just save up for the +3 6-linked bow.

Then I was delving and got another corroded fossil (I had plenty of metallic and jagged), and ended up hitting +3.

Also, if your playing Metamorph sc trade league, as of this post +3 6-linked bows with an open prefix are going for under 3ex. So if your getting unlucky with your crafts, it my be worth to just save up for one.
Last edited by MrMustang on Dec 18, 2019, 3:14:25 PM
After spend 2 ex with crafting, i buyed one +3 with the mod 39% chaos multi for 3 ex 6linkend... So no more crafting for me for now xD
Last edited by braniels2 on Dec 18, 2019, 3:25:14 PM
"
braniels2 wrote:
After spend 2 ex with crafting, i buyed one +3 with the mod 39% chaos multi for 3 ex 6linkend... So no more crafting for me for now xD

At least you got a good bow now. Enjoy!
might have been posted before but i havent seen it yet.

what do you think of arrow nova support gem? would it be worth using with ca or just only when trying to fast clear maps?
Best Ascendancy guys ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info