[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Genji084 wrote:
"

Right, sorry, I should have thought of looking at the videos. Everyone on Twitch seems to bind "move" to LMB and the main attack to RMB, but for me, it somehow feels easier to switch Tab and Shift and bind LMB to primary attack (Caustic Arrow) and then attack by pressing Shift while running. That frees up the RMB to be the secondary attack (Toxic Rain). I wonder why nobody at the high level does it this way. Oh well.

Because when you run through packs and press on an enemy it will shoot and stop moving. You'll get into trouble eventually :P.

Hmmm, but even their way, I think they have to stop moving before they shoot. I don't think the character can shoot and run at the same time.
"
"
Genji084 wrote:
"

Right, sorry, I should have thought of looking at the videos. Everyone on Twitch seems to bind "move" to LMB and the main attack to RMB, but for me, it somehow feels easier to switch Tab and Shift and bind LMB to primary attack (Caustic Arrow) and then attack by pressing Shift while running. That frees up the RMB to be the secondary attack (Toxic Rain). I wonder why nobody at the high level does it this way. Oh well.

Because when you run through packs and press on an enemy it will shoot and stop moving. You'll get into trouble eventually :P.

Hmmm, but even their way, I think they have to stop moving before they shoot. I don't think the character can shoot and run at the same time.

Yeah, but when you're in a big group and need to walk out you don't want to accidentaly press on a monster to hit him. If you have move on LMB the only thing it'll do is walk..

But its up to personal preference ofc.
"
Genji084 wrote:

Yeah, but when you're in a big group and need to walk out you don't want to accidentaly press on a monster to hit him. If you have move on LMB the only thing it'll do is walk..

But its up to personal preference ofc.

Ah, ok, that makes sense, thanks!
Your POB link is causing crashes. Pasted error below.

https://imgur.com/a/iPPZLmH
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
So I think I'm going to reroll tomorrow and thought i'd post my thoughts and experience on how league starting this build went for me, if it helps anyone else looking to play or currently playing this.

Leveling was pretty tragic to begin with, as the guide said it was. I picked up shrapnel ballista early on to help with single target along side of CA and that worked for me all the way up to maps. I was lucky and got a maraketh chest in act 5 and landed a 5-linked maraketh bow and it came with damage over time so i threw chaos damage over time onto it and ran with that until maps. Little did i realize rolling +1 socketed gems would beat both those mods (I knew gem levels were best, but didn't think just a +1 would beat out 2 damage over time mods). I also somehow ended up socketing 2 pierce gems so I was technically on a 4 link throughout the rest of the campaign and into maps.

Going into yellow maps, I picked up 40% CA damage enchant and 5L +2 bow maraketh bow and a hunter influenced quiver for the damage over time mod which I've all still been using right up to now in T14/15's with 16 Watchstones at the moment. I also didn't get uber lab until level 89 and 14 watchstones. Hopefully this wall of text helps anyone having trouble with the build.

tl;dr:
Map clearing was fine, everything insta dies, just not big aoe.

Single target for 99% of map bosses is fine, maybe 5-6 seconds.

Watchstone Guardians are also fine, Drox can be annoying since you have to DoT down his flags, so by the time your DoTs finally clear them, hes resummoning more, helps to stack him on top of the last couple flags.

Sirus the Awakener (16 keystones): Got him to half hp fairly quickly/easily and using a DoT made it easy to dps and dodge, but then died 5 times in a row trying to dodge the big insta death zones because everytime I'd try to damage him he'd just re-phase into the air :(

Metamorphs were similar to map bosses, however, rolling hexproof + resists chaos + high life regen made some painfully slow/impossible.
Last edited by A_Mule on Dec 17, 2019, 11:42:20 AM
Took a lot of maps to get that bow but finally made it. Got 9 watchstones and heading to red maps now. Rngesus is not on my side with crafting unfortuantely so far. Arrow nova is super fun and really good for clear when you got damage for it. Played with it in white and lower yellow maps a bit. My gear atm:

Last edited by grishak1 on Dec 17, 2019, 11:54:51 AM
just crafted a preztty sweet quiver for myself

"
BoozBear wrote:
Spoiler
Tarkecat gave your guide a shout out so that's probably why, it's how I got here.

Also would you mind elaborating more on some of your priorities in both awards and what you look for as you progress? I know that's a super broad question but even just a super mashed short version would be great!

Cheers for the reply :)

Ohhh, allright. This is second time he's done that.

By priorities i mean everything my guide already suggests to get. So anything that gives me chance of getting stuff like Kintsugi, Empower, influenced quiver, veiled weapon (for chaos DoT multiplier) is something to look out for. We can't buy that stuff, we gotta earn it instead.

"
RediusMaximus wrote:

This should be problem on your end. Everything is fine on my PC. Try this one:

https://pastebin.com/dtJtNUUL

It's the same PoB (i should update it tbh), if it works then i have no clue why previous one didn't.

"
Spoiler
So I think I'm going to reroll tomorrow and thought i'd post my thoughts and experience on how league starting this build went for me, if it helps anyone else looking to play or currently playing this.

Leveling was pretty tragic to begin with, as the guide said it was. I picked up shrapnel ballista early on to help with single target along side of CA and that worked for me all the way up to maps. I was lucky and got a maraketh chest in act 5 and landed a 5-linked maraketh bow and it came with damage over time so i threw chaos damage over time onto it and ran with that until maps. Little did i realize rolling +1 socketed gems would beat both those mods (I knew gem levels were best, but didn't think just a +1 would beat out 2 damage over time mods). I also somehow ended up socketing 2 pierce gems so I was technically on a 4 link throughout the rest of the campaign and into maps.

Going into yellow maps, I picked up 40% CA damage enchant and 5L +2 bow maraketh bow and a hunter influenced quiver for the damage over time mod which I've all still been using right up to now in T14/15's with 16 Watchstones at the moment. I also didn't get uber lab until level 89 and 14 watchstones. Hopefully this wall of text helps anyone having trouble with the build.

tl;dr:
Map clearing was fine, everything insta dies, just not big aoe.

Single target for 99% of map bosses is fine, maybe 5-6 seconds.

Watchstone Guardians are also fine, Drox can be annoying since you have to DoT down his flags, so by the time your DoTs finally clear them, hes resummoning more, helps to stack him on top of the last couple flags.

Sirus the Awakener (16 keystones): Got him to half hp fairly quickly/easily and using a DoT made it easy to dps and dodge, but then died 5 times in a row trying to dodge the big insta death zones because everytime I'd try to damage him he'd just re-phase into the air :(

Metamorphs were similar to map bosses, however, rolling hexproof + resists chaos + high life regen made some painfully slow/impossible.

I kinda want to comment on the metamorphs. I have similar experience, usually they're fine and die after some time. Sometimes however it's legit impossible. Bossing experience in general is borderline, either awful or fine. Precinct fight for example took me ages with 5 super tanky exiles jumping on me constantly and avoiding any DoT ground. Well, can't say my gear was great at that point, but this isn't the only experience like that. This build shouldn't be the only one who has this problem.

"
grishak1 wrote:
Spoiler
Took a lot of maps to get that bow but finally made it. Got 9 watchstones and heading to red maps now. Rngesus is not on my side with crafting unfortuantely so far. Arrow nova is super fun and really good for clear when you got damage for it. Played with it in white and lower yellow maps a bit. My gear atm:

Right, i completely forgot about Arrow Nova. Been using GMP for clear this whole time (gem swap from frenzy setup). I decided to try it out and it's surprisingly good. GGG's video didn't showcase it well then. It feel inconsistent sometimes with only 5 arrows, but the AoE is stupid without Conc Effect.

So after finding that out it tried it on my standard character with Dying Sun and +2 arrows from bow/quiver... Arrow Nova is good. REALLY GOOD.

"
basta1982 wrote:
Spoiler
just crafted a preztty sweet quiver for myself

Wait, that's illegal. Almost close to perfection (missing T1 chaos DoT multi).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 17, 2019, 12:56:18 PM
Hello, im using totem ballista 6L with toxic rain for only boss, and CA as main skill (5L silverbrounch), is a good choice?? i dont know if is better than wither totem set-up.
"
RediusMaximus wrote:

If you are using LocalIdentity's PoB fork, this pastebin will cause an error.
It should be fixed in the next update.

I'm guessing the main (Openarl) PoB is fine or more people would be posting about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info