[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
I am unable to complete the blight lanes in regular maps as damage just seems to be missing.
If you want some advice how to upgrade your character you need to untick "characters are private" in account settings (on by default), otherwise it's hard to say.
"
DankawSL wrote:
Minor update:

#1 - I've just released the Guide to Blight Towers (or rather a data dump). There's still stuff to do but i'm honestly tired of delaying it any longer. I think it might've end up way too image heavy, the inconsistent font and too bright images for fire/cold/lightning/physical towers.

Just wanna give it a shoutout, both of your guides are overwhelming - thanks a lot for your amazing work!
I got myself a new bow yesterday!

"
I looked at your videos and in general something seems missing for me, I am unable to complete the blight lanes in regular maps as damage just seems to be missing.
I see you enabled your characters, so I took a look what you could improve.

Since you play SSF, I can't just tell you to buy stuff, but there's a few things that could be improved.

First, you could be running malevolence instead of grace since you aren't playing in hardcore, so going full out defense isn't as crucial.

Second, you're only lvl 78 and you're missing the whole Atrophy wheel on top since you prioritized bottom of the tree. You should try to get that asap.

Third, you're playing on a 5 link which obviously lowers your dps. Your bow isn't an amazing base either, but I guess you have to do with what you found with +2 gems. You will need to get to crafting a proper +3 bow if you want to reach the full damage potential, this will be your biggest investment down the line.

Fossil crafting a helmet will also be an investment, but if you craft one with -9 chaos res aura it will be a damage upgrade.

You need to level your gems which will come with time, also level several caustic arrows in a weapon swap for corrupting to lvl 21 purposes, this is important.

Save oils for annointing corruption, it's probably the best damage node you can't normally reach.

If you find elder base amulets and gloves, keep some for crafting purposes as you can try to roll chaos damage over time multiplier on them. But that's probably after you craft other, more important pieces.

The biggest upgrades from the above will be probably:
- gem levels
- getting 6 link
- getting atrophy specced and corruption annointed
- running malevolence
Last edited by Viktranka on Oct 13, 2019, 10:20:29 AM
October 13th, 2019 - Goodbye Classic build
Spoiler
Classic Build:
* COMPLETELY REMOVED, along with all mentions about it across the whole guide.
* With passive tree changes in 3.7 the classic build simply no longer grants big enough damage advantage to be worth it. Low damage increase, high cost, extra buttons to click. Essence Drain swap served well back when CA struggled with single target. This is no longer an issue. It's time to say goodbye to the original build.

Gem Setups:
* Changed Culling Strike to Additional Accuracy in optional 6-link Cursed Frenzy setup

Path of Building:
* Updated PoB to reflect newest changes to the build.
* Fixed Watcher's Eye DoT Multiplier affix.
* Fixed +3 7-link bow attack speed mod, now it's local like it should've been.
* Quiver no longer has multimod and "#% Projectile Speed" craft (it doesn't exist anymore for... 10 months actually)
* PoB is also affected by removal of classic build

FAQ:
* Updated answer about mana issues to reflect recent changes to elreon's mod.
* Removed "Q: Why do you pick up skill effect duration nodes?" since build doesn't take those passives anymore.
This is it i guess. It's sad for me to see it go, but that's for the best. There's only one legacy of classic build left and that is header image. Probably will do in the next update. Upside of the removal is that i earned big chunk of free space, so i can potentially add more stuff to the guide without hitting 50k character limit. I doubt it will take long until i have to consider using 3rd post to fit everything.

I've been quite motivated to polish/finish blight tower guide. Lately i've gained quite a lot of experience on the towers in general plus i have a plan as well. Soon, i hope.

"
I looked at your videos and in general something seems missing for me, I am unable to complete the blight lanes in regular maps as damage just seems to be missing.

You're playing SSF, so it's natural you're missing cheap but significant boosts to damage. It's not your first character this league either, so there's high chance you're trying to farm maps that are too high tier. I also heard Pyroclast mines have ridiculous damage so switch to defensively focused build might be a big jump.

Anyway, your first and primary objective in SSF is to farm up 6-link bow. You can collect Imperial Legacy cards in T3 Desert, T10 Dunes or T12 Desert Spring. Once you do so, other upgrades in form of levels / gem levels / Malevolence aura will come naturally. Then once you farm up and properly craft the bow you shouldn't feel the need for extra damage. Also, your flasks are just awful. Please change them to a recommended setup.

If you're having problems with blight encounters, try out Arc towers and make sure they're supported by at least level 1 empowering tower. Should make your life much easier.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
This is my first ranged build and it is so durable and I really like how the area damage lets me ignore so many stats and do damage while I focus on my poor dodging skills. If I die it tends to because Im lagging, afk, kid grabs my mouse, etc.

Quick question. Im saving towards a 7-link bow. Im thinking of grabbing a lvl 4 Empower first or new boots. Either way I was wondering what more attack speed does for the build. Is it just for frenzy shots? I noticed there arent many good suffixes. What about 5-6% damage per frenzy charge?

Thank you again for all the effort in such a great build.
Last edited by Zerolight on Oct 14, 2019, 8:21:41 PM
hello,

I am looking to make a MF finally, i really dont want to do the TS/scourge arrow builds, i just really dont like them being so glass cannon and rerolling maps all the time etc. So im looking at this build now, I am going to do the trickster version. I made a decent amount of currency this league and i made this bow for this build, took me a while, delved a lot, but i finally got it.

the question i have is, i thought this bow would be really good for this build, with a level 4 empower etc. But now i am seeing all of these other elder 7link bows and wondering which one would be better? should i not use the +5 bow i made with level 4 empower? and start all over to make the 7 link bow?

please let me know anyone

thanks!
"
hello,

I am looking to make a MF finally, i really dont want to do the TS/scourge arrow builds, i just really dont like them being so glass cannon and rerolling maps all the time etc. So im looking at this build now, I am going to do the trickster version. I made a decent amount of currency this league and i made this bow for this build, took me a while, delved a lot, but i finally got it.

the question i have is, i thought this bow would be really good for this build, with a level 4 empower etc. But now i am seeing all of these other elder 7link bows and wondering which one would be better? should i not use the +5 bow i made with level 4 empower? and start all over to make the 7 link bow?

please let me know anyone

thanks!

im using the same bow and its good enough to phase uelder
"
rade0n wrote:
"
im using the same bow and its good enough to phase uelder

How did you craft the bow? I have a 7L Vicious Projectiles Elder bow but I think the bow you linked would get me even more DPS.

If anyone has any other suggestions for improving my gear I would really appreciate it. I've reached the point where I'm really not sure what else to upgrade and most upgrades are going to be very expensive. I know I could make chaos damage rings and a chaos damage belt, but I'm not sure if it's worth it? It would require some juggling of my elemental resists.

I want to push L100 this league if I can (and 40/40 challenges), so I'm also looking for advice on how best to achieve that. Just Elder T16 sustain until my eyes bleed? I might pick up a Bisco's Leash to get some extra zoom zoom going. I want to get a Headhunter eventually, been saving up all league...
i cant see guide for corruptions in this build =(

enfeeble/temporal chains isn't good for this build ??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info