[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Spoiler
"
globe1412 wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
P.S. How do you survive? You have barely any life points on any gear. Btw you can check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZET4C5HAz3s It's a very good explanation how to shop for gear on a budget (as long as you don't play SSF). I didn't know before I watched it that you can search for total combined resistances of all types, was always trying to search for specific one like "fire resistance" but his way is much more efficient. Obviously the weapon and stats are different because his example is a melee build.

About how I survive, hmm, I don't really know. This is my first time get this far, and I am playing at SC, so I died few times. Mostly getting one shoot by some monster, but not by boss. I also wonder about it.

Looking back at the game, because this is my first time, I wander quite a lot, opening every map in every act. And truth to be told, I don't follow the guide step by step. If I am not mistaken, DankawSL wrote on the guide that you take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics at white mapping phase, but I level those two at act 3 (or 4 I forgot, lol) because I think I need it for surviving, as my gear is not great. After that, I prioritized some life nodes on the tree.

As for the damage, well I think my clear speed is not that good in act 1-10 (even worst if comparing with others). But, I think it is good enough and I am enjoying the game the way I want. I got +1 4 links grove bow with all green sockets early in act 3 if I am not mistaken, so that's maybe I don't feel it too slow (at my pace).

Anyhow, thanks for the video man, I will get a look at it after work.

Send me a friend invite in game (or I'll do it later today). You can ask me Q's in game.

Do you have a loot filter? Do you have good knowledge of vendor recipes?

You should also pick up some normal (white) divine life flasks and get some glassblower baubles to upgrade them to 20%. Do the same to get a normal (white) quicksilver, jade, and quartz (I recommend a quartz for the dodge chance). Don't make these magic because it takes 10 baubles to make a magic flask 20% quality, versus only 4 with a white item. You'll craft them after you get them to 20%. For now, it is also worthwhile to properly roll your life flasks to be "66% reduced, instant recovery" with "bleed immunity".

As a side note, got some decent new items.. now have 30% overcapped res and 64% chaos res with 91% evade chance with buffs (without elder rings, and need to run grace). I still need to do a huge upgrade on my amulet... Found a carcass jack, but I don't think the 7% more damage increase is worth the 300 hp loss. POB dps is at 235k, but I still don't have a 21 CA or a +3 bow since I have still only found 1 exalt. Still need rank 3 chaos multi veil as well. Got my Int high enough for lvl 20 wither and despair as well. Sitting at only 5.3k hp.. something else to work on for sure. Still looking for a good pair of evasion base boots... Would be nice to have some pure evasion based gloves, but going to be hard to find a replacement for my current ones.
Spoiler
"
JSquare wrote:
Spoiler
"
globe1412 wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
P.S. How do you survive? You have barely any life points on any gear. Btw you can check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZET4C5HAz3s It's a very good explanation how to shop for gear on a budget (as long as you don't play SSF). I didn't know before I watched it that you can search for total combined resistances of all types, was always trying to search for specific one like "fire resistance" but his way is much more efficient. Obviously the weapon and stats are different because his example is a melee build.

About how I survive, hmm, I don't really know. This is my first time get this far, and I am playing at SC, so I died few times. Mostly getting one shoot by some monster, but not by boss. I also wonder about it.

Looking back at the game, because this is my first time, I wander quite a lot, opening every map in every act. And truth to be told, I don't follow the guide step by step. If I am not mistaken, DankawSL wrote on the guide that you take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics at white mapping phase, but I level those two at act 3 (or 4 I forgot, lol) because I think I need it for surviving, as my gear is not great. After that, I prioritized some life nodes on the tree.

As for the damage, well I think my clear speed is not that good in act 1-10 (even worst if comparing with others). But, I think it is good enough and I am enjoying the game the way I want. I got +1 4 links grove bow with all green sockets early in act 3 if I am not mistaken, so that's maybe I don't feel it too slow (at my pace).

Anyhow, thanks for the video man, I will get a look at it after work.

Send me a friend invite in game (or I'll do it later today). You can ask me Q's in game.

You should also pick up some normal (white) divine life flasks and get some glassblower baubles to upgrade them to 20%. Do the same to get a normal (white) quicksilver, jade, and quartz (I recommend a quartz for the dodge chance). Don't make these magic because it takes 10 baubles to make a magic flask 20% quality, versus only 4 with a white item. You'll craft them after you get them to 20%. For now, it is also worthwhile to properly roll your life flasks to be "66% reduced, instant recovery" with "bleed immunity".

As a side note, got some decent new items.. now have 30% overcapped res and 64% chaos res with 91% evade chance with buffs (without elder rings, and need to run grace). I still need to do a huge upgrade on my amulet... Found a carcass jack, but I don't think the 7% more damage increase is worth the 300 hp loss. POB dps is at 235k, but I still don't have a 21 CA or a +3 bow since I have still only found 1 exalt. Still need rank 3 chaos multi veil as well. Got my Int high enough for lvl 20 wither and despair as well. Sitting at only 5.3k hp.. something else to work on for sure. Still looking for a good pair of evasion base boots... Would be nice to have some pure evasion based gloves, but going to be hard to find a replacement for my current ones.

Already accepted your friend request, thanks mate.

I already read about vendor recipe, of course. And for filter, I use neversink's. I think it is the most common filter used in PoE (based on my googling).

Okay, I will try to get the flasks you are suggesting. And crap, I don't want to scour the blue ones I already have because scouring and chaos pretty much the same worth.
Spoiler
"
globe1412 wrote:
Spoiler
"
JSquare wrote:

Already accepted your friend request, thanks mate.

I already read about vendor recipe, of course. And for filter, I use neversink's. I think it is the most common filter used in PoE (based on my googling).

Okay, I will try to get the flasks you are suggesting. And crap, I don't want to scour the blue ones I already have because scouring and chaos pretty much the same worth.

No need to scour anything, just set the loot filter to regular to be able to find some white divine flasks, and once you have those you can set the filter to semi-strict to still show utility flasks. There are a few different ways you could get the baubles for your white flasks. You can purchase baubles from vendors for 8 blacksmith whetstones or since you are in trade league, for 4 chaos you should be able to buy all the baubles you will need (20 - 4 per flask). Alternatively, as I noted before to pick up all the quality flasks that drop and trade them in (40% quality total at one time). Maybe you'll get lucky and find a normal divine flask/utility flask that already has quality on it.

Anyways, for now that should be the easiest thing for you to fix and it's one of those things that you do it once and then don't have to think about it again.

Poggers T1 res rolls :D
"
Efulefu wrote:
Spoiler
Hey there, I've followed this guide and loved it, first time I've taken a build this far into the end-game!

I was recently thinking of transitioning towards ED, especially since I just dropped a
and would like to be able to make the most out of my emblems. I can't really afford a 6-linked cane yet, or any of the crazy ED-oriented rare staves/bows - is it worth respeccing into a 5-link ED setup? If yes, which gem do I lose? Alternatively I could probably buy enough fusings to have a decent shot at a 6l, but I'd love to hold onto my precious few exalt for some cool crafting shenanigans later on.

No, you shouldn't transition to classic unless you have all pieces ready. The damage gain will be underwhelming otherwise. You don't lose any gems because the extra ones are in weapon swap.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
What is the point of leveling multiple CA gems?
"
icecoldrolls wrote:
What is the point of leveling multiple CA gems?

1) When you get the CA you use to level 20 you can flip it to level 1/20 quality and can swap in another level 19 gem so that you dont lose your damage

2) You will want a level 21 to min max your build sooner or later and why not start trying to get one yourself instead of buying
after playing this build on 3.2,decided to play in 3.7.So far the build feel amazing did around 18 deathless uber elder with this build all thanks to you.posted a deathless run.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YIsntcyd_g&t=105s.Sorry i hav a potato pc getting 300+ping still a deathless one
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
Efulefu wrote:
Spoiler
Hey there, I've followed this guide and loved it, first time I've taken a build this far into the end-game!

I was recently thinking of transitioning towards ED, especially since I just dropped a
and would like to be able to make the most out of my emblems. I can't really afford a 6-linked cane yet, or any of the crazy ED-oriented rare staves/bows - is it worth respeccing into a 5-link ED setup? If yes, which gem do I lose? Alternatively I could probably buy enough fusings to have a decent shot at a 6l, but I'd love to hold onto my precious few exalt for some cool crafting shenanigans later on.

No, you shouldn't transition to classic unless you have all pieces ready. The damage gain will be underwhelming otherwise. You don't lose any gems because the extra ones are in weapon swap.

Alright, I'll take my sweet time finding the right jewels, and 6-linking the Cane then :)

Also I understand about the weapon swap, I was just asking about losing a gem since I've only been able to 5-link the Cane I found for now, so if I were to transition anytime soon it'd have to be a 5 gem setup barring absurd luck on my part.

By the way, have you had a chance to check out the bow-based ED equipment? Like the crafted +1 gems, +2 support gems, with all the sweet chaos damage mods etc? Could that be better than a high-end staff on an unlimited budget? It seems like a lot of ED builds have been aiming for those kinds of bows to socket their attacks in.
Sigh - RIP'd lvl 92. No idea what happened, was in an incursion, killed some enemies, ran out of time, character just randomly went from full health to 0 as I was being portalled out (ran out of time). Anyways, was a fun league to play this build. Lots of really good gear lost :P Vaal'd 13 lvl 20 CA's in the end, not one hit 21 ><

Good luck on the push to 100.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info