[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hello again Dankaw
updates: I swapped out all my rares again. There were no Evade rings that had high enough resists and life for sale even with offline included. So for now I went with +5% max life and all the resists and high life and damage craft. This also allowed me to wear atziri's step and still be capped for Red level 15 elemental weakness maps as they require 109 total resistance of each kind.

2. I did Red map Elder with frost wall. was easy. to accomodate frost wall i swapped out clarity, and attacked less often/used a mana pot. although in your video it appears your frost wall has a corner on it with a single cast, i had to cast two frost walls for the same effect, but whatever it worked. I also used exit to character selection screen trick at end.

3. I have 3 more t-15 maps to do, i have never used my jade flask in all of maps and have not died once in map bosses, or even came close. I swapped it out for Witchfire Brew. Have you thought about using this flask? I see no mention of it in your guide. If I'm understanding correctly, this is the single target solution flask for this build. It increased DoT by 40% and grants a level 21 Despair curse aura. Also increases evasion rating by 100% and provides a smoke cloud. I wasn't sure if I am incorrect in my understanding that this helps with bosses or if you were not aware of the flask's potential? Perhaps it is mentioned in the 100 pages of comments that I did not have time to go through. I have not purchased Dying Sun, as frankly trash mobs just melt now in less than a second. My tooltip hideout dps is now 277k per second.

4. I am bored of mapping and want to do atziri. I can't seem to find out, in her mirror in hand form...it does reflect my caustic arrow, but how do I avoid that? I haven't fought her in like 2 years and I remember all 4 forms appearing at once or something and being warned never to attack when she goes into mirror form. but what if my CA is on the ground when she switches form and I die instantly? Do you have an issues with this?

5. I am at 6.9k life at level 93. With Atziri's step my evade chance is 52. Next upgrades for me I believe is all the elder gear, but I am uncertain which of it to target first as I also worry about losing too much life or not being able to do elem weakness maps due to not getting those additional mods on gear.

thank you for your time as always.
follow up question: Do you personally think the 7link Elder bow or the Synthesized +1 gems implicit is better, cause I only want to invest in one. Thanks.
Thank you for your guide.
I have a naive question: by following the old crafting method for +3 bow, I can only get 4+1 mods on the bow, while the in your link have more.

How can I get more mods for my bow? Thank you !
"
IceMatrix wrote:
Spoiler
Hello again Dankaw
updates: I swapped out all my rares again. There were no Evade rings that had high enough resists and life for sale even with offline included. So for now I went with +5% max life and all the resists and high life and damage craft. This also allowed me to wear atziri's step and still be capped for Red level 15 elemental weakness maps as they require 109 total resistance of each kind.

2. I did Red map Elder with frost wall. was easy. to accomodate frost wall i swapped out clarity, and attacked less often/used a mana pot. although in your video it appears your frost wall has a corner on it with a single cast, i had to cast two frost walls for the same effect, but whatever it worked. I also used exit to character selection screen trick at end.

3. I have 3 more t-15 maps to do, i have never used my jade flask in all of maps and have not died once in map bosses, or even came close. I swapped it out for Witchfire Brew. Have you thought about using this flask? I see no mention of it in your guide. If I'm understanding correctly, this is the single target solution flask for this build. It increased DoT by 40% and grants a level 21 Despair curse aura. Also increases evasion rating by 100% and provides a smoke cloud. I wasn't sure if I am incorrect in my understanding that this helps with bosses or if you were not aware of the flask's potential? Perhaps it is mentioned in the 100 pages of comments that I did not have time to go through. I have not purchased Dying Sun, as frankly trash mobs just melt now in less than a second. My tooltip hideout dps is now 277k per second.

4. I am bored of mapping and want to do atziri. I can't seem to find out, in her mirror in hand form...it does reflect my caustic arrow, but how do I avoid that? I haven't fought her in like 2 years and I remember all 4 forms appearing at once or something and being warned never to attack when she goes into mirror form. but what if my CA is on the ground when she switches form and I die instantly? Do you have an issues with this?

5. I am at 6.9k life at level 93. With Atziri's step my evade chance is 52. Next upgrades for me I believe is all the elder gear, but I am uncertain which of it to target first as I also worry about losing too much life or not being able to do elem weakness maps due to not getting those additional mods on gear.

thank you for your time as always.

follow up question: Do you personally think the 7link Elder bow or the Synthesized +1 gems implicit is better, cause I only want to invest in one. Thanks.

The exit to character selection was actually a panic since the elder died way too fast (that was a bug, fixed by GGG later the same league). Because of that i've stopped tracking elder rings and logged so i don't die to explosion. Still, a good way to 100% avoid death as Zana used to bug out. Prolly fixed nowadays tho as i don't see complaints on reddit anymore.

I've shared my opinion on Witchfire Brew in Equipment -> Flasks section. Long version - it sucks so badly. Good for clearing early on, that's everything. It keeps overriding CoH Despair and once you're outside of aura's reach - the curse is gone. I've tried using it, i dropped two of them in SSF this league. I just can't use it.

Jade flask is almost necessary to cap your evade chance. I mean, you can survive without it, but better save than sorry. The difference between "i dodge almost everything" and "i'm invincible to attacks" is quite big. You prolly take ~3 times more attacks without it.

Dying Sun is used for clearing only, so you don't have to switch to GMP or things like that. You can use Mirage Archer instead for example to boost your clear.

You can't reflect DoTs. Chaos damage can't be reflected either. If you hit mirror copy, you can receive some damage. However considering build's evasion and dodge - you probably won't feel anything at all.

Your priority for elder gear is at least one ring with 5% evade chance. Besides that... I honestly don't know since all your gear is great. I would probably replace Starkonja's for enchanted Lion Pelt and fossil craft reduced resistances. Then i would buy/craft +1 all gems synthesised bow - that should also answer your last question. It is implied that synthesised bows are better in Synthesis League section. Afterwards, elder gloves/amulet for additional damage are always good option.

"
Kateroze wrote:
Thank you for your guide.
I have a naive question: by following the old crafting method for +3 bow, I can only get 4+1 mods on the bow, while the in your link have more.

How can I get more mods for my bow? Thank you !

I'm using fossil method to create bows nowadays. You can still add 6th mod through slamming the bow with exalt or with T3 Leo research bench, but i don't think it's worth it on anything that's not elder/synthesised bow.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I have a question about the ascendancy of this build. I'm sorry if I didn't get it from the guide, but this is my first time playing through the game.
"( Way of a Poacher (1st Frenzy) -> Avatar of Chase (Onslaught) ->
-> respec Way of the Poacher (merciless lab) -> Avatar of Veil (Phasing))"

So, is it telling me to go to the Way Of The Poacher first, then to Rapid Assault, then take back my points from Way Of The poacher and put them all into the skill line for Avatar Of the Veil???
For the fossil crafting method, do you just use Powerful Alchemical Resonators + Fossil Combo + Scours until you hit the mods you want?
Last edited by N16Gatto on Apr 15, 2019, 11:18:37 AM
"
N16Gatto wrote:
For the fossil crafting method, do you just use Powerful Alchemical Resonators + Fossil Combo + Scours until you hit the mods you want?

You can just use Chaotic Resonators after the first one and not waste Scours. They seem to be priced similarly to Alchemic Resonators.

I do have another question, if you are crafting a synthesized end game bow (and price doesn't matter) would you use a Prime Resonator and add in the Faceted Fossil as the 4th fossil for additional +gem modifiers?

On another note, I can only afford the MF gear that I currently have on - which gives me ~145% IR but no IQ. I still have maxed resistances, but don't have +life on either ring. Is that going to hurt me later on with the harder bosses? Is 4600HP low for 79?

Also - I like using Culling Strike + Item Rarity gem for extra IR against bosses, what do you think about this? When I 6L Kintsugi - it would be Frenzy + GMP + CoH + Despair + Culling + Item Rarity. For now I have 2x 4Ls with 2 different Frenzies. I have been OK without using Clarity thanks to some mana regen on gear.
PSN: Cimos21
"
GeskeG wrote:
Spoiler
I have a question about the ascendancy of this build. I'm sorry if I didn't get it from the guide, but this is my first time playing through the game.
"( Way of a Poacher (1st Frenzy) -> Avatar of Chase (Onslaught) ->
-> respec Way of the Poacher (merciless lab) -> Avatar of Veil (Phasing))"

So, is it telling me to go to the Way Of The Poacher first, then to Rapid Assault, then take back my points from Way Of The poacher and put them all into the skill line for Avatar Of the Veil???

Almost correct. It's really simple

Normal Lab - Way of the Poacher
Cruel Lab - Rapid Assault
Merciless Lab - Avatar of Chase, respec Way of the Poacher, take Quartz Infusion
Uber Lab - Avatar of Veil

"
N16Gatto wrote:

Yes, that's pretty much it. Chaotic resonators allow to reroll rare items instead, so you can save your scours.

"
Cimos21 wrote:
Spoiler
I do have another question, if you are crafting a synthesized end game bow (and price doesn't matter) would you use a Prime Resonator and add in the Faceted Fossil as the 4th fossil for additional +gem modifiers?

On another note, I can only afford the MF gear that I currently have on - which gives me ~145% IR but no IQ. I still have maxed resistances, but don't have +life on either ring. Is that going to hurt me later on with the harder bosses? Is 4600HP low for 79?

Also - I like using Culling Strike + Item Rarity gem for extra IR against bosses, what do you think about this? When I 6L Kintsugi - it would be Frenzy + GMP + CoH + Despair + Culling + Item Rarity. For now I have 2x 4Ls with 2 different Frenzies. I have been OK without using Clarity thanks to some mana regen on gear.

I don't think there's much point in using Faceted fossil. Assuming your bow has +1 all gems, your CA is going to be lvl 30. Levels above that add really minor damage increase (5% + small increase from bonus support gem levels). It's better to spend your money on other gear instead for small chance of increasing DPS by ~12% or something like that.

However if you've had synthesised bow with +1 arrow and monsters explode on kill and things like that... then yes. Faceted would be worth trying.

4,6k life at 79 is not bad. In my opinion you should stack as much life as possible. If you have no life X gear, then other stats must be INCREDIBLY valuable. I overall dislike idea of MFing currently. Most end game uniques aren't worth much anymore, so IIR is not extremely good right now. It's all about how fast you map and IIQ instead. That's why i recommend semi-MF setup as the strongest one, as it combines life and plenty of IIQ at the same time.

As for the question if low hp is gonna hurt you in end game bosses... Yes and no. Because as long as you can't get oneshot, then you're fine. Some bosses might be able to do that if your life pool gets low enough (guardians mostly). Low health also equals less safe mapping.

"
DankawSL wrote:

I don't think there's much point in using Faceted fossil. Assuming your bow has +1 all gems, your CA is going to be lvl 30. Levels above that add really minor damage increase (5% + small increase from bonus support gem levels). It's better to spend your money on other gear instead for small chance of increasing DPS by ~12% or something like that.

However if you've had synthesised bow with +1 arrow and monsters explode on kill and things like that... then yes. Faceted would be worth trying.

4,6k life at 79 is not bad. In my opinion you should stack as much life as possible. If you have no life X gear, then other stats must be INCREDIBLY valuable. I overall dislike idea of MFing currently. Most end game uniques aren't worth much anymore, so IIR is not extremely good right now. It's all about how fast you map and IIQ instead. That's why i recommend semi-MF setup as the strongest one, as it combines life and plenty of IIQ at the same time.

As for the question if low hp is gonna hurt you in end game bosses... Yes and no. Because as long as you can't get oneshot, then you're fine. Some bosses might be able to do that if your life pool gets low enough (guardians mostly). Low health also equals less safe mapping.

Thanks DankawSL - this is very helpful. I didn't realize CA was already getting to level 30. Let me see if I got this right:

+1 Corrupting Gem
+1 All Gems implicit
+1 Socketed Gems Prefix
+2 Bow Gems Prefix
+4 from Empower

Did I miss something?

Your MF comment makes a lot of sense - end game uniques are bad - so you would want those items to actually drop as rares, not uniques? Therefore, it is almost worse to have more IR?

As for life, my current gear has a lot of life but I am wearing an excellent rolled Le Heup and an Andvarius - so no X life modifiers on rings. I could probably get over 5K HP right now by just switching rings.

Boy it is going to be a doosie trying to create a +1 synthesis bow...not many fractured bows to purchase yet on the PS4 market so need to find them all on my own. I am assuming you can add the +1 implicit to a Marketh bow - even though it already implicit movement speed?
PSN: Cimos21

Spend all my exalts and annuls for 50% gamble. I won.

"
Cimos21 wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks DankawSL - this is very helpful. I didn't realize CA was already getting to level 30. Let me see if I got this right:

+1 Corrupting Gem
+1 All Gems implicit
+1 Socketed Gems Prefix
+2 Bow Gems Prefix
+4 from Empower

Did I miss something?

Your MF comment makes a lot of sense - end game uniques are bad - so you would want those items to actually drop as rares, not uniques? Therefore, it is almost worse to have more IR?

As for life, my current gear has a lot of life but I am wearing an excellent rolled Le Heup and an Andvarius - so no X life modifiers on rings. I could probably get over 5K HP right now by just switching rings.

Boy it is going to be a doosie trying to create a +1 synthesis bow...not many fractured bows to purchase yet on the PS4 market so need to find them all on my own. I am assuming you can add the +1 implicit to a Marketh bow - even though it already implicit movement speed?

Empower 4 gives total +5 level as you have two +1 all gems mods.

Having IIR is not bad, it's just not a stat you should focus on. There are only few non boss specific uniques that are worth a lot due to amount of people playing this game. Majority of rares that are worth a lot are shaper/elder/synthesised, they must be crafted. You drop enough of rares without any help at all too. That's how the game evolved - too many items on the market devalue everything that's not limited in stock.

Synthesised crafting is fully explained in Synthesis League section. Yes, Maraketh bow can be used, but you will lose current implicit which is primary reason to use the base in the first place (other than high AS). If you play enough, you will find a lot of bases to craft thanks to low level requirement. Lucking out is the tough part.
Last edited by DankawSL on Apr 15, 2019, 8:29:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info