[3.1]Shaper Down on budget 4-link –That Poet's Pen(“instant leech”_Glacial Cascade & Firestorm 2in1)

If you have the budget, go for Kaom's Heart as you don't really need lots of gem links -

Mine are

Frenzy - GMP- Faster Attacks - Power Carge on Crit

CWDT - Firestorm - Bladefall - Blind Support ( Warlord's Mark if you don't have it on a ring )

Hatred - Vitality

and anything else is gravy.
I just restarted the build but as an inquisitor with a higher budget and able to get 5 APS, the only thing that will kill you ( same as OP's original build ) are oneshot's which no defense except manual dodging will save you

Btw - get an amulet with Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage, it's a huge dps boost to glacial cascade.
IGN :HanBolo
Hey, going to be trying this tomorrow as one last build for Abyss. I've been playing a VD/Unearth combo one but wanted something different.

Is the build better as Inquisitor if you have the budget for it? What are the pros/cons between Inquisitor and Scion?

I plan on going IIQ gear. At least one, maybe two well rolled Ventor's (if survivability allows without the extra LGoH), Biscos and Goldwyrm if that makes a difference. I already have these and Kaom's Heart.

"
Jarex wrote:
If you have the budget, go for Kaom's Heart as you don't really need lots of gem links -

Mine are

CWDT - Firestorm - Bladefall - Blind Support ( Warlord's Mark if you don't have it on a ring )

Hatred - Vitality

I just restarted the build but as an inquisitor with a higher budget and able to get 5 APS, the only thing that will kill you ( same as OP's original build ) are oneshot's which no defense except manual dodging will save you

Btw - get an amulet with Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage, it's a huge dps boost to glacial cascade.

Glad you like the build. :)

Kindly be reminded that if you have 5.0 APS, you need at least 21% Inc. Cooldown Recovery in order to not lose the Pen's proc. :)
"
projectsix wrote:
Hey, going to be trying this tomorrow as one last build for Abyss. I've been playing a VD/Unearth combo one but wanted something different.

Is the build better as Inquisitor if you have the budget for it? What are the pros/cons between Inquisitor and Scion?

I plan on going IIQ gear. At least one, maybe two well rolled Ventor's (if survivability allows without the extra LGoH), Biscos and Goldwyrm if that makes a difference. I already have these and Kaom's Heart.

This build can be played as Inquisitor as well. You can go for IIQ gears because the build has sufficient stats by itself therefore gearing is pretty flexible. You lose some QoL such as automatic Power Charge generation on Scion. And you don't have Maim from the Ascendency. You can get Maim on Abyss Jews though.

You need to pay attention to your attack speed. Check the reply above. You need to have cool down recovery if your attack speed is higher than 3.99, (or 0.26 APS).
"
loonger wrote:
"
Jarex wrote:

Mine are

Hatred - Vitality

Glad you like the build. :)

Kindly be reminded that if you have 5.0 APS, you need at least 21% Inc. Cooldown Recovery in order to not lose the Pen's proc. :)

Thanks, the idea behind this build is excellent.

Yeah, I have 25% Inc Cooldown Recovery so theoretically could get upto 5.2 APS but keeping it below 4.87 APS as there are reports of rounding errors.
"
loonger wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:

This build can be played as Inquisitor as well. You can go for IIQ gears because the build has sufficient stats by itself therefore gearing is pretty flexible. You lose some QoL such as automatic Power Charge generation on Scion. And you don't have Maim from the Ascendency. You can get Maim on Abyss Jews though.

You need to pay attention to your attack speed. Check the reply above. You need to have cool down recovery if your attack speed is higher than 3.99, (or 0.26 APS).

Can't remember the post offhand but for APS above 3.88 ( and no cooldown gear ) leads to missed procs sometimes
Last edited by Jarex on Feb 4, 2018, 12:03:06 PM
"
Jarex wrote:
"
loonger wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:

Can't remember the post offhand but for APS above 3.88 ( and no cooldown gear ) leads to missed procs sometimes

3.88 sounds about right. OP's ingame APS was around 3.86 (need to check to confirm). It is about the threshold to not lose the Pen's proc (with no cool down recovery).
Last edited by loonger on Feb 4, 2018, 12:17:49 PM
Updated with notes on Inquisitor.
Heya, been playing this build for some days and it's been a total blast. Right amount of chaos, lots of raining fire and works so well in many different map mod pools.

Can say you really need the Watcher's Eye + Shaped ring for the level of safety you begin to feel good even in the midst of Abyss crack + Breach, your HP can do some ridiculous jumps up and down, yet only the really high, single hit skills feel threathening.

The damage itself doesn't feel to be a problem as long as the golem stays alive to apply the EE, and most often it does even in full screen full of mobs because of the nature of firestorm + GC working together. Came as a little surprise to myself how little I have to re-summon it. Decoy totem is kinda fun too against some bosses if you feel lazy and want to just keep spamming spells, but would recommend not to rely on it too much.

Already been thinking how to increase the damage for end game bosses, but it becomes more costly as you'd want gloves with Elemental Weakness Curse on hit. Still, makes it pretty fun to think that with more investment the build keeps getting better. Throw in helmet with GC phys conversation and it opens up even more options to keep adding damage. For personal view though, if trying this again on next league (Considering there's not major nerfs), might go with Temp Chains Curse on Hit instead of others since getting Abyss Jewels might be difficult.

Did some little changes to suit more of the personal taste, such as getting some chaos res gear and picking the damage nodes from tree first, also dropped Orb of Storms because my brain refuses to remember using it xD. You could even add CWDT + Molten Shell for even more defence if feeling the need for such, or use CWDT + Power Charge on Critical + (Literally any spell you find satisfying) for generating power charges for boss fights. Works for me, since I take some damage on most fights.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this build works amazingly well in no leech maps, since you trigger both spells whenever you perform attack, even the basic one and it's more than enough to clear maps. Might want to portal in and out before boss fights if feeling the need for extra mana. Pretty much only mod I'm trying to avoid in this build is the elemental reflect, but that's obvious. :3

All in all, this build is incredibly fun to play with the core gear alone, and gets better with putting some currency into it.

_Skittles_
Last edited by _Skittles_ on Feb 7, 2018, 11:32:20 AM
Hey im really interested in this build, but could you please provide a PoB link for it instead. The passive tree interface on pathofexile.com doesnt provide the extended information I need to feel confident in going with the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info